Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Why would Dan Mullen want to come to Miami? He's got a better job right now. He's building a very good program at Mississippi State, it has only taken him two years to get them into the top 25, and he's beaten Ole Miss twice. Plus, he's in the SEC. Miami right now is a step down for him.
    I disagree. We have the talent to compete in the ACC every year.

I wish we could get Harbaugh
    We'll probably end up getting Mullens, Tuberville or Mike Stoops.
    DUKE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    I disagree. We have the talent to compete in the ACC every year.

I wish we could get Harbaugh
    We'll probably end up getting Mullens, Tuberville or Mike Stoops.
    Big deal. Competing in the ACC means nothing. Teams that can be considered "competing" in the ACC have 4 or 5 losses, which means nothing on a national scale. Mullen is in better shape right now with what he has in Mississippi State.

vCash
    Yeah the ACC is kind of a joke right now.

vCash
    Mississippi State is in no way a better program than Miami. Regardless of competition.

Vanderbilt is in the SEC too...is that a better program? hardly

I don't really want Mullen anyway. I can't stand the fruity offense teams are running these days.
    Last edited by BullsFan_1; 12-02-2010 at 05:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Mississippi State is in no way a better program than Miami. Regardless of competition.

I don't really want Mullen anyway. I can't stand the fruity offense teams are running these days.
    Vanderbilt is an ACC school in the SEC, that's a horrible comparison to any SEC school. They don't even have an athletics department. Mississippi State is in the top 25 right now, in the best conference in the land, and Mullen has already gotten a two year head start in bringing in his brand of players. What does Miami have other than weather and the recruiting hotbed of Florida? Miami is a 3rd fiddle (maybe 4th, thanks SFU!) in the state right now anyways, so it's not like they're hauling in all of the big recruits in Florida as is.

vCash
    The only thing that UF and FSU require to pass admissions is a pulse...Academic standards are going to be the death of Miami football in the end.

vCash
    The only thing that UF and FSU require to pass admissions is a pulse...Academic standards are going to be the death of Miami football in the end.
    You're right, I can't disagree there. Especially in regards to UF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Big deal. Competing in the ACC means nothing. Teams that can be considered "competing" in the ACC have 4 or 5 losses, which means nothing on a national scale. Mullen is in better shape right now with what he has in Mississippi State.
    Not gonna disagree there.

I kinda like having a pro-style offense, which is why I don't want Leach, but Mullens could recruit.
    Harbaugh did well in a school with big academic standards
    DUKE.

vCash
    While I might agree that at this very moment Miss State may be in better shape than Miami. I have to say that Miami has a much higher ceiling than Miss State in terms of success. With the right coach Miami could be an annual national championship contender in the ACC. You can't say that about Miss State a program that is still seeking their first SEC Championship.

I can't see how anybody would be able to consistently field a Miss State team that would top teams like Auburn, LSU, Arkansas and Alabama on a yearly basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    While I might agree that at this very moment Miss State may be in better shape than Miami. I have to say that Miami has a much higher ceiling than Miss State in terms of success. With the right coach Miami could be an annual national championship contender in the ACC. You can't say that about Miss State a program that is still seeking their first SEC Championship.

I can't see how anybody would be able to consistently field a Miss State team that would top teams like Auburn, LSU, Arkansas and Alabama on a yearly basis.
    I don't see Mullen chickening out of the SEC, because he's already building a nice program. I don't see why he can't compete, I don't think many people would have tabbed South Carolina as the 2010 winners of the SEC East a few years ago (mind you, the SEC East is horrible this year, but still). He has Mississippi State on the right track, at Miami, he's got to start all over again after only two years. Is the ceiling higher? Probably. But he's young and already building a program, so why leave to rebuild another?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12