Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Gruden in as Coach of The U......false rumor

Jon Gruden to accept head coaching position at the University of Miami a done deal (UPDATED: 10:08 PM)
    UPDATE: 10:06 p.m.
    Jon Gruden will likely be introduced tomorrow (Thursday at the latest). Jay Gruden will be announced as the Offensive Coordinator, as we reported this morning. Jim Leavitt, former head coach of the University of South Florida, will be announced as the Defensive Coordinator our sources tell us.
    UPDATE 9:12 p.m.
    Jon Gruden will meet with Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt tomorrow (Wednesday) to finalize the details of the contract. Expect an official word from the University some time tomorrow afternoon and a press conference either Wednesday evening or on Thursday.
    UPDATE 8:30 p.m.
    BREAKING: Barring any unexpected, 11th hour and 59th minute setbacks, we are awaiting an official public announcement that Jon Gruden has been signed to be the head coach at the University of Miami. A press conference would likely be tomorrow afternoon. It’s safe for Hurricane fans to celebrate.
    Thanks to those sources who tipped us off on this story well before anyone else and made it possible to post the story at 11 a.m.!
    UPDATE 2:30 p.m.
    Steve Gorten of the South Florida Sun Sentinel has reported via Twitter that the length of the contract is being discussed with Gruden. Money isn’t the issue.
    Also, we have someone checking to see if they can get confirmation on Gruden house purchase in Coral Gables. More to come as we know.
    11:00 AM
    There has been rampant speculation as to whether Jon Gruden will be hired as the next head coach of the University of Miami football program. There are some who have said that the decision to fire former coach Randy Shannon, after giving him a four-year extension at the start of the 2010 season, was based solely on the mutual interest between the football program and Gruden.
    Though Gruden has made a generic statement saying that he is content with his current role as a Monday Night Football analyst for ESPN, he did not go out of his way to deny the interest in the head coaching position at Miami.
    Predictably, this has further fueled the speculation.
    The latest information that we have is based on our sources that are placed high up in the University of Miami decision making process.
    Gruden will formally accept the position of head coach at the University of Miami, as early as Wednesday. The terms of the deal have obviously not been disclosed, but one tip that we received late last night stated it would be for four years, $15.1 million.
    Miami has never paid a coach what Gruden would receive. Though the $3.77 million (approx) per year would be significantly lower than what he could receive at the NFL level, the level of power and authority that Gruden would have at the University would rival that of Pete Carroll’s heyday at the University of Southern California.
    Gruden is expected to bring his brother, Jay Gruden, on as the offensive coordinator.
    Further, it is said that Jon Gruden has already picked out a house in Coral Gables, Florida. He is traveling back from Arizona to Tampa today, and any further news or updates will be posted as we get them.
    As of 11:00 a.m., that is what we have.
    http://www.thefyisportsblog.com/2010...i-a-done-deal/
    Last edited by phins1983; 12-01-2010 at 05:04 AM.

vCash
    Im not gonna go crazy just yet, but from reading the latest rumors, its like a 95% chance hes the new coach of the U.

vCash
    Sounds good. I'd like to see what he can do with our talented offense, maybe he can tap into their full potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
    Sounds good. I'd like to see what he can do with our talented offense, maybe he can tap into their full potential.
    Well Whipple will be gone he is giving the offense to his brother Jay....

vCash
    The story is from 11 AM this morning and yet nothing on ESPN or Yahoo Sports 12 hours later....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    The story is from 11 AM this morning and yet nothing on ESPN or Yahoo Sports 12 hours later....

They keep updating the link, just keep reading and checking........
    also it was posted on ESPN only that Miami was still interested in Gruden..... They didn't want to jump on it just in case in was just a rumor, as we read now it seem more like reality than just a rumor, but it will bot be set in stone until it is officially announced......
    Last edited by phins1983; 12-01-2010 at 05:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phins1983 View Post
    They keep updating the link, just keep reading and checking........
    also it was posted on ESPN only that Miami was still interested in Gruden..... They didn't want to jump on it just in case in was just a rumor, as we read now it seem more like reality than just a rumor, but it will bot be set in stone until it is officially announced......
    On ESPN from 30 minutes ago.... "No chance" that Gruden coaches Miami and that they are looking at Dan Mullen from Miss State.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5871783

vCash
    i dont see it happening

vCash
    There is a “zero percent” chance on Jon Gruden will accept the University of Miami football coaching job, even though he is meeting today with Hurricanes athletic director Kirby Hocutt, a person close to Gruden told FOXSports.com on Wednesday.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...ing-job-120110

Miami should turn their attention to Mike Leach.

vCash
    I guess Mike Leach isn't a bad consolation prize...I never saw Gruden taking this job without at least waiting until the end of the NFL season.

vCash
    Dan Mullen, please.

If we decide to go with a gimmicky offense, I'd rather have Mullen over Leach anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Dan Mullen, please.

If we decide to go with a gimmicky offense, I'd rather have Mullen over Leach anyways.
    Why would Dan Mullen want to come to Miami? He's got a better job right now. He's building a very good program at Mississippi State, it has only taken him two years to get them into the top 25, and he's beaten Ole Miss twice. Plus, he's in the SEC. Miami right now is a step down for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Why would Dan Mullen want to come to Miami? He's got a better job right now. He's building a very good program at Mississippi State, it has only taken him two years to get them into the top 25, and he's beaten Ole Miss twice. Plus, he's in the SEC. Miami right now is a step down for him.
    I disagree. We have the talent to compete in the ACC every year.

I wish we could get Harbaugh
    We'll probably end up getting Mullens, Tuberville or Mike Stoops.
    DUKE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    I disagree. We have the talent to compete in the ACC every year.

I wish we could get Harbaugh
    We'll probably end up getting Mullens, Tuberville or Mike Stoops.
    Big deal. Competing in the ACC means nothing. Teams that can be considered "competing" in the ACC have 4 or 5 losses, which means nothing on a national scale. Mullen is in better shape right now with what he has in Mississippi State.

vCash
    Another report says he there's zero chance he coaches UM now.

EDIT: Little late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast