Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Al Golden offered UM job

According to espn. I'm on my iPhone right now, if anyone could get the link, that would be nice
    DUKE.

vCash
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    ........4 more years of 7-5

vCash
    He can coach. I love the hiring. Temple was 0-11 before he got there and he turned things around. From what I've read, he's a good recruiter but can he recruit with jimbo and muschamp? Also, Shannon probably going to Texas
    DUKE.

vCash
    Solid move by Miami, I can't say I love the pick, but not bad. I think Golden's got potential.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Golden definitely has potential and he is considered by many as the next great coach. Im confident that we get lucky this time and we finally found the right one.

vCash
    I'd like to be the first to say that Olivier Vernon will be a beast in his 3-4 defense.
    DUKE.

vCash
    I played for that man. Holy **** thats kinda crazy. Honestly, a truly amazing coach (and he basically ****ed me over, so **** him), but he is a great coach. I cant even put in to words how good of a coach he is. Recruiting is as big as anything, though. The key to his success will be whether or not he could recruit on the big level. He kept everything local at Temple, generally speaking. He found plenty of 'diamonds in the rough' and that was key to his recruiting success. He knows how to find talent but the talent he's going to be finding now is generally going to be sought after by everyone. It will be key for him to be able to sway them to go there. If he can recruit with the big boys, the man is an amazing coach.

The biggest thing is he prides himself on discipline and toughness. Mental toughness. He stresses team mentality. No *****ers, if you wanna ***** and dont like it, leave. He doesn't take ******** from anyone. He kicked Junior Gallette (drafted out of DII to the saints and made the 53 man) off the team after two years of tremendous success because his cousin got in trouble on campus and he was held responsible. He's turned some of the biggest **** ups around into success stories and changed not just football, but their lives.

I think this is gonna be a great pick up for Miami. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. Just pray to the lord jesus christ that he doesn't bring Temple's strength coach with him. Absolutely awful.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I think this is gonna be a great pick up for Miami. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. Just pray to the lord jesus christ that he doesn't bring Temple's strength coach with him. Absolutely awful.
    He couldnt be much worse than Andreu Swasey.

I don't know anything about Temples S&C though.

vCash
    Sean, I don't know a single thing about Temple's Strength and conditioning coach but I can guarantee you he's not worse than Swasey.

Swasey needs to be fired.
    DUKE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    He couldnt be much worse than Andreu Swasey.

I don't know anything about Temples S&C though.
    The lifts are non football relative and all they care about is bench press. The guys actual won strength coach of the year once somehow. He has a lot of connections and ****, but he's awful. No players cared for him. He's an alcoholic who probably chews a can of dip an hour and tells the most obnoxious stories in the world when we should be doing abs. Certainly one person I don't miss from playing there.

Kids were certainly strong and in shape though, but it could've been much, much better
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Sean... can you give us any info on what his coordinators are like? There's speculation that he will more than likely bring his d-coordinator with him.
    DUKE.

vCash
    he runs the 3-4 doesnt he?
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Yeah.
    DUKE.

vCash
    Here's some interesting numbers.

From 1991-2005 (15 years), Temple had a total of 30 wins. From 2006-2010, Temple won 27 games...including a 1-11 year in Goldens first year at Temple.

The past two seasons, Temple has won 17 games. Miami has won 16.

You can argue the level of competition, I guess...but anyone that can turn Temple into a decent team has my attention.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast