Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True/False

vCash

True/False

This is a fun game that we play in the NHL forum and it brings up some great debate. Basically you are to say a statement and the next person to respond is either going to say True or False (pretty simple). Once you state True or False, try and give at the very least THREE reasons why you believe it to be either True or False. After, you then go ahead and create a new statement for the next person to comment on. Remember...quality over quantity. Let's have some fun here. (Also, don't be afraid to comment on someone's True or False if you believe it to be different, just stay on topic and make sure to give your reasons).

True or False: Corey Crawford will start in more games for the Blackhawks by the end of the year than Marty Turco.

vCash
    True.

1. He's played better
    2. Turco is getting up there in oldness
    3. I want a reason to buy a CC jersey

Kane will score 30 goals.
    Last edited by AddisonStation; 11-30-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Mitch Hedberg Quote of the Month
    Every time I walk by a spy shop I think, I need to put some surveillance on somebody. Rick's been acting fishy. I need to buy a little camera. I need to buy a safe that looks like a Coca-Cola can. Or better yet, a safe that looks like a Spray and Wash can. That would create better situations. 'Hey Mitch, can I use the Spray and Wash?' 'Yeah, if you want to spray your shirt…with documents!'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    This is a fun game that we play in the NHL forum and it brings up some great debate. Basically you are to say a statement and the next person to respond is either going to say True or False (pretty simple). Once you state True or False, try and give at the very least THREE reasons why you believe it to be either True or False. After, you then go ahead and create a new statement for the next person to comment on. Remember...quality over quantity. Let's have some fun here. (Also, don't be afraid to comment on someone's True or False if you believe it to be different, just stay on topic and make sure to give your reasons).

True or False: Corey Crawford will start in more games for the Blackhawks by the end of the year than Marty Turco.
    False
    1) To me, looks like he is still in a Dallas system, after so many years cant blame him, he'll find his groove in the Hawks system.
    2) Need the offense to step up to and Turco will be fine
    3) Turco has always had slow starts, always heats up 2nd half of seasons. The way I see it, if Corey is named starter Turco steps up and plays better like he did last year when the Stars traded for Lethonen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddisonStation View Post
    True.

1. He's played better
    2. Turco is getting up there in oldness
    3. I want a reason to buy a CC jersey

Kane will score 30 goals.
    True.

Kane is on pace for 29 goals but he hasn't has many multi goal games yet...you know this will come. It seems that the team is gelling better and playing better. This will lead to more opportunities for Kane and hopefully we continue to get on the powerplay where Kane can make some magic happen. Kane had a very slow start but now has 9 pts in his last 7 games...I feel some goals coming on. I see him ending up with around 35, which is great for a playmaker like him.

True/False: The Blackhawks will trade a current Blackhawks roster player before the deadline this year (also, if you say true - let us know who you think it might be and why)

vCash
    True.

Kane is on pace for 29 goals but he hasn't has many multi goal games yet...you know this will come. It seems that the team is gelling better and playing better. This will lead to more opportunities for Kane and hopefully we continue to get on the powerplay where Kane can make some magic happen. Kane had a very slow start but now has 9 pts in his last 7 games...I feel some goals coming on. I see him ending up with around 35, which is great for a playmaker like him.

True/False: The Blackhawks will trade a current Blackhawks roster player before the deadline this year (also, if you say true - let us know who you think it might be and why)
    True, I'm not sure who yet, but I think the Hawks trade for a #5 D-man

True/False: Brent Seabrook signs before the Trade Deadline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    True, I'm not sure who yet, but I think the Hawks trade for a #5 D-man

True/False: Brent Seabrook signs before the Trade Deadline
    False

I just don't see how the hawks can manage to keep Seabs given the cap situation. He's going to want and deserves more than his current 3.5 million. I expect him to receive offers in the off season that the hawks will unfortunately be unable to match.

True/false: Stalberg is not only a great replacement for Versteeg but is also a better overall player.
    Every time I walk by a spy shop I think, I need to put some surveillance on somebody. Rick's been acting fishy. I need to buy a little camera. I need to buy a safe that looks like a Coca-Cola can. Or better yet, a safe that looks like a Spray and Wash can. That would create better situations. 'Hey Mitch, can I use the Spray and Wash?' 'Yeah, if you want to spray your shirt…with documents!'

vCash
    False

I just don't see how the hawks can manage to keep Seabs given the cap situation. He's going to want and deserves more than his current 3.5 million. I expect him to receive offers in the off season that the hawks will unfortunately be unable to match.

True/false: Stalberg is not only a great replacement for Versteeg but is also a better overall player.
    True, many may not agree with me but Versteeg has pretty much reached his peek, Stalberg though is still developing into a better role on a team that suits his style of play

True/False: John Scott scores a goal this season?

vCash
    False

I actually believe we do keep Seabrook. He is probably going to make around 5 Mil or so, so we only have to come up with $1.5Mil more. He is a RFA so teams are going to have to put up a ridiculous amount if they want to sign him away. The NHL might have a new TV deal in place next year, so the salary cap would go up. The Blackhawks also have $4mil in "free" cap space coming off the books next year when the Toews/Kane bonuses are over with. I think Seabrook is definitely on this team next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    True, many may not agree with me but Versteeg has pretty much reached his peek, Stalberg though is still developing into a better role on a team that suits his style of play

True/False: John Scott scores a goal this season?
    False. I think Scott plays in minimal games the rest of the year because the Blackhawks are close to being healthy and realize how well they play with Scott NOT in the lineup over the road trip. Also, when he does play, he only gets a few minutes a night.

True/False: Patrick Sharp will lead the Blackhawks in goals this year.

vCash
    I actually believe we do keep Seabrook. He is probably going to make around 5 Mil or so, so we only have to come up with $1.5Mil more. He is a RFA so teams are going to have to put up a ridiculous amount if they want to sign him away. The NHL might have a new TV deal in place next year, so the salary cap would go up. The Blackhawks also have $4mil in "free" cap space coming off the books next year when the Toews/Kane bonuses are over with. I think Seabrook is definitely on this team next year.
    I sure hope so but what about guys like Skille, Dowell, Brouwer, and Stalberg who are FAs at the end of the season. They won't make huge money but will demand a raise. I don't think all of those guys need to be retained but they sure do need to keep a couple of them among other guys with expiring deals.

vCash
    I sure hope so but what about guys like Skille, Dowell, Brouwer, and Stalberg who are FAs at the end of the season. They won't make huge money but will demand a raise. I don't think all of those guys need to be retained but they sure do need to keep a couple of them among other guys with expiring deals.
    I think that those group of skaters understand the salary restriction, and are willing to not ask for much to remain on the roster. Skille took about a 50% pay cut to earn his roster spt this season.

vCash
    False. I think Scott plays in minimal games the rest of the year because the Blackhawks are close to being healthy and realize how well they play with Scott NOT in the lineup over the road trip. Also, when he does play, he only gets a few minutes a night.

True/False: Patrick Sharp will lead the Blackhawks in goals this year.
    True.

Sharp is on fire and i don't see him slowing down. He is driving the net hard and is sniping right now. I think he has a really good shot at getting into the 40s this year and Kane Toews and Hossa will probably finish in the 30s.

True/false: Morin will play 30 games in the NHL this year.

vCash
    True.

Sharp is on fire and i don't see him slowing down. He is driving the net hard and is sniping right now. I think he has a really good shot at getting into the 40s this year and Kane Toews and Hossa will probably finish in the 30s.

True/false: Morin will play 30 games in the NHL this year.
    True. This injury to Hossa is where Morin will prove he belongs here full time.

True or False? We trade one of Hendry/Cullimore/Scott at the deadline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    True. This injury to Hossa is where Morin will prove he belongs here full time.

True or False? We trade one of Hendry/Cullimore/Scott at the deadline
    True. I don't think Scott gets traded because I don't see a market for him. I could see Hendry getting traded and a slight possibility of Cullimore getting traded. I still don't get why Hendry is not in the lineup over Cullimore. Cullimore is somehow +5 though. I think Cullimore is in for his size, however I think Hendry is a much better skater, throws his weight around more, and even creates more offense. I can see us making a move for a top 9 player or a #5 dman and then trading Hendry instead of just sending him down to make way.

True or False: We will resign Kopecky to a new deal after this year

vCash
    False

1. He was Tallon's signing, not Bowman
    2. Too many young forwards who may be ready next year to replace him
    3. They brought him in here with championship experience and he did everything they asked of him. Hes simply not needed anymore unless he signs for < 1million.

True or False...

Bowman will go after a top 6 forward at the trade deadline (cap permitting)
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 12-01-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast