Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: True/False

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,156
    vCash
    1500

    True/False

    This is a fun game that we play in the NHL forum and it brings up some great debate. Basically you are to say a statement and the next person to respond is either going to say True or False (pretty simple). Once you state True or False, try and give at the very least THREE reasons why you believe it to be either True or False. After, you then go ahead and create a new statement for the next person to comment on. Remember...quality over quantity. Let's have some fun here. (Also, don't be afraid to comment on someone's True or False if you believe it to be different, just stay on topic and make sure to give your reasons).

    True or False: Corey Crawford will start in more games for the Blackhawks by the end of the year than Marty Turco.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rocky Top
    Posts
    1,468
    vCash
    1500
    True.

    1. He's played better
    2. Turco is getting up there in oldness
    3. I want a reason to buy a CC jersey

    Kane will score 30 goals.
    Last edited by AddisonStation; 11-30-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Mitch Hedberg Quote of the Month
    Every time I walk by a spy shop I think, I need to put some surveillance on somebody. Rick's been acting fishy. I need to buy a little camera. I need to buy a safe that looks like a Coca-Cola can. Or better yet, a safe that looks like a Spray and Wash can. That would create better situations. 'Hey Mitch, can I use the Spray and Wash?' 'Yeah, if you want to spray your shirt…with documents!'

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddisonStation View Post
    True.

    1. He's played better
    2. Turco is getting up there in oldness
    3. I want a reason to buy a CC jersey

    Kane will score 30 goals.
    True.

    Kane is on pace for 29 goals but he hasn't has many multi goal games yet...you know this will come. It seems that the team is gelling better and playing better. This will lead to more opportunities for Kane and hopefully we continue to get on the powerplay where Kane can make some magic happen. Kane had a very slow start but now has 9 pts in his last 7 games...I feel some goals coming on. I see him ending up with around 35, which is great for a playmaker like him.

    True/False: The Blackhawks will trade a current Blackhawks roster player before the deadline this year (also, if you say true - let us know who you think it might be and why)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,417
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    True.

    Kane is on pace for 29 goals but he hasn't has many multi goal games yet...you know this will come. It seems that the team is gelling better and playing better. This will lead to more opportunities for Kane and hopefully we continue to get on the powerplay where Kane can make some magic happen. Kane had a very slow start but now has 9 pts in his last 7 games...I feel some goals coming on. I see him ending up with around 35, which is great for a playmaker like him.

    True/False: The Blackhawks will trade a current Blackhawks roster player before the deadline this year (also, if you say true - let us know who you think it might be and why)
    True, I'm not sure who yet, but I think the Hawks trade for a #5 D-man

    True/False: Brent Seabrook signs before the Trade Deadline

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rocky Top
    Posts
    1,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    True, I'm not sure who yet, but I think the Hawks trade for a #5 D-man

    True/False: Brent Seabrook signs before the Trade Deadline
    False

    I just don't see how the hawks can manage to keep Seabs given the cap situation. He's going to want and deserves more than his current 3.5 million. I expect him to receive offers in the off season that the hawks will unfortunately be unable to match.

    True/false: Stalberg is not only a great replacement for Versteeg but is also a better overall player.
    Mitch Hedberg Quote of the Month
    Every time I walk by a spy shop I think, I need to put some surveillance on somebody. Rick's been acting fishy. I need to buy a little camera. I need to buy a safe that looks like a Coca-Cola can. Or better yet, a safe that looks like a Spray and Wash can. That would create better situations. 'Hey Mitch, can I use the Spray and Wash?' 'Yeah, if you want to spray your shirt…with documents!'

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,417
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddisonStation View Post
    False

    I just don't see how the hawks can manage to keep Seabs given the cap situation. He's going to want and deserves more than his current 3.5 million. I expect him to receive offers in the off season that the hawks will unfortunately be unable to match.

    True/false: Stalberg is not only a great replacement for Versteeg but is also a better overall player.
    True, many may not agree with me but Versteeg has pretty much reached his peek, Stalberg though is still developing into a better role on a team that suits his style of play

    True/False: John Scott scores a goal this season?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddisonStation View Post
    False

    I just don't see how the hawks can manage to keep Seabs given the cap situation. He's going to want and deserves more than his current 3.5 million. I expect him to receive offers in the off season that the hawks will unfortunately be unable to match.

    True/false: Stalberg is not only a great replacement for Versteeg but is also a better overall player.
    I actually believe we do keep Seabrook. He is probably going to make around 5 Mil or so, so we only have to come up with $1.5Mil more. He is a RFA so teams are going to have to put up a ridiculous amount if they want to sign him away. The NHL might have a new TV deal in place next year, so the salary cap would go up. The Blackhawks also have $4mil in "free" cap space coming off the books next year when the Toews/Kane bonuses are over with. I think Seabrook is definitely on this team next year.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,417
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    This is a fun game that we play in the NHL forum and it brings up some great debate. Basically you are to say a statement and the next person to respond is either going to say True or False (pretty simple). Once you state True or False, try and give at the very least THREE reasons why you believe it to be either True or False. After, you then go ahead and create a new statement for the next person to comment on. Remember...quality over quantity. Let's have some fun here. (Also, don't be afraid to comment on someone's True or False if you believe it to be different, just stay on topic and make sure to give your reasons).

    True or False: Corey Crawford will start in more games for the Blackhawks by the end of the year than Marty Turco.
    False
    1) To me, looks like he is still in a Dallas system, after so many years cant blame him, he'll find his groove in the Hawks system.
    2) Need the offense to step up to and Turco will be fine
    3) Turco has always had slow starts, always heats up 2nd half of seasons. The way I see it, if Corey is named starter Turco steps up and plays better like he did last year when the Stars traded for Lethonen

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    vCash
    1500
    False

    1. He was Tallon's signing, not Bowman
    2. Too many young forwards who may be ready next year to replace him
    3. They brought him in here with championship experience and he did everything they asked of him. Hes simply not needed anymore unless he signs for < 1million.

    True or False...

    Bowman will go after a top 6 forward at the trade deadline (cap permitting)
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 12-01-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,800
    vCash
    1000
    True. I think Tallon will be very agressive. I'm not quite sure if he'll get the piece or not, but he'll try.

    Toews finishes the season as a ppg player

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,156
    vCash
    1500
    Do both of you mean Tallon or Bowman?!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,800
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Do both of you mean Tallon or Bowman?!
    My bad, Bowman.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Aruba
    Posts
    17,222
    vCash
    500
    True/False?

    The new Blackhawks Wallpaper for December is pretty kickass.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rocky Top
    Posts
    1,468
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    True/False?

    The new Blackhawks Wallpaper for December is pretty kickass.
    False.

    I'd say true but John Scott doesn't deserve his own wallpaper. It was an awesome beat down but this guy is a hole in the lineup.

    True/false: Sharp will end the season as a plus player.
    Mitch Hedberg Quote of the Month
    Every time I walk by a spy shop I think, I need to put some surveillance on somebody. Rick's been acting fishy. I need to buy a little camera. I need to buy a safe that looks like a Coca-Cola can. Or better yet, a safe that looks like a Spray and Wash can. That would create better situations. 'Hey Mitch, can I use the Spray and Wash?' 'Yeah, if you want to spray your shirt…with documents!'

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    16,872
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddisonStation View Post
    False.

    I'd say true but John Scott doesn't deserve his own wallpaper. It was an awesome beat down but this guy is a hole in the lineup.

    True/false: Sharp will end the season as a plus player.
    True

    Right now is a -4 but he is on pace for a 50 goal 40 assist season so a guy with 90 points should somehow get to the plus side.

    True/False

    Could you see either Buff or Ladd back in a Hawks uniform?

    (Reason I ask this is because 2 of my favorite guys from last year that I believe are really missed this year.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •