18. You may not vote on this poll
  • crosby

1 5.56%
  • ovechkin

17 94.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NHL player comparison v 1.0

If you had to pick... crosby or ovechikin?

vCash
    I went with Ovechkin. When/If the debate heats up and when I have some more time, I'll give my input to why.

J75 is offline minion of brother justin
    vCash
    Ovechkin, I love watching him play.

vCash
    me too. just thought it would be fun to compare guys in the league. if anyone wants to post comparisons just make sure you compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.

vCash
    I'll break this down 2 ways. If it's the last second of the season and there is a player's stick I want the puck on to win it all......it would be Crosby.

If I was starting a team and had to pick one of the two overall....I would def. take Ovie.

I think Crosby has more offensive skill and talent, but Ovechkin is a better player overall when you factor in effort and toughness. Crosby is supposedly a really good leader though....and that goes a long way(see Jonathan Toews: first year as captain).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA Hill's Afro View Post
    I'll break this down 2 ways. If it's the last second of the season and there is a player's stick I want the puck on to win it all......it would be Crosby.

If I was starting a team and had to pick one of the two overall....I would def. take Ovie.

I think Crosby has more offensive skill and talent, but Ovechkin is a better player overall when you factor in effort and toughness. Crosby is supposedly a really good leader though....and that goes a long way(see Jonathan Toews: first year as captain).
    that is the whole point of this thread, just to see since they are both such amazing athletes but at the same time just a bit diffrent.

with the game on the line for me is crosby, but overall like you said ovechkin

vCash
    Ovechkin by FAAAAAAR. Crosby is an over hyped Jonathan Toews type of guy. He's not gonna be THE best player on his team but he can create lots of opportunity for his teammates & get his fair share of goals. I mean Crosby's not even the best player on his team, let alone the league. I'd take Malkin before I'd take Crosby.

vCash
    I like this idea Dews. Maybe do a couple a week, interesting to see everyone's point of view on players outside the organization. Maybe do goalies next? Could do tough guys, role players, rookies, etc. Just tossing the idea out there.

vCash
    i take crosby, better team player and hockey as we all know is a team sport. ovechkin is one of a kind hockey player. when ovechkin takes his team to the cup finals then i will give more thought to this

When Kris Versteeg gives blood he declines the needle and asks for a handgun and a bucket.

vCash
    Ovechkin by far.
    He is a big, strong, once in a decade type player. Lemeiux?
    There's a reason he got 124 million dollar deal. Plenty of nhl franchises arent worth that and I think some have recently sold for less.

Crosby is overrated, but I think people are beginning to expect a little less from him. Someone compared him to Toews, I kind of agree, although I would take Crosby over Toews.

cynomatic is offline spɹoʍ ɯopuɐɹ ǝɯos pɐǝɹ
    vCash
    Both amazing players ..but right now Ovie's the best player in the league so you have to go with him

vCash
    looks like a landslide!

vCash
    Ovechkin... complete player. a bit of a hog though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader View Post
    Ovechkin... complete player. a bit of a hog though
    alot of ovechikin love in this thread...im shocked that it was a landslide

vCash

Crosby...by far

If you want to compare stats on Crosby and Ovechkin, go to www.thesportsdashboard.com you'll get to compare each stat using graphs. As for the intangibles, Crosby is a better leader (stanley cup), improves on new skills every year (face offs, scoring, board work - remember Spezza) and won't shy away from a competitive game. Ovechkin isn't afraid of a physical game either, but he's really a two trick pony with his scoring - the snap shot from behind a defenders skate, or the one-timer from the otherside of the ice when there is an open net. Not to mention...Ovechkin had a cold streak this year nobody saw coming...is he still dealing with some emotional issues from childhood?

hf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast