Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Report: Miami Hurricanes Fire Coach Shannon

Good move by the Hurricanes, imo. Next to go...Rich Fraud.

It's about time, BF_1 is gonna cum in his pants if he hasn't already.

Soon...

Haha I bet Bullsfan is very happy to hear this! I think Miami should go after Greg Schiano.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Not familiar with this coach. What did he do that deserved getting fired? Did he lock a hung-over silver-spoon celebrity's kid in a shed?

Miami should hire Rich Fraud. You'll be guaranteed a winning season...

Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Not familiar with this coach. What did he do that deserved getting fired? Did he lock a hung-over silver-spoon celebrity's kid in a shed?
    He went 5-7, 7-6, 9-4, 7-5....Never won or played for an ACC Title. Had more losses in modern history then any other coach, despite the fact he's been their the shortest length of time. Miami doesnt take losing very well.

As a Florida fan, you have to respect a program that knows what it wants and what it wants to be. Shannon wasn't living up to the expectations set by the school's history, so he gets the boot.

Now if Florida's AD could get Meyer to reorganize his staff...

Not sure I agree with the move. Shannon kept the kids out of trouble and performed okay. Problem is that they think this is 2001 Miami, but it's 2010 now. Miami is no longer an elite program.

Cya Randy.

Needed to be done. Need to bring back the old style Miami and recruit those players that may or may not have character issues.

im sorry miami is still a mess, unless they get a top notch coach, its not changing.

i dont see this happening, because the acc is never going to be more than the 5th, or at best 4th best power conference (bcs conference). there are far to many weak teams. that with the fact you have sec schools around the acc schools, and the sec is far and away the best conference. i dont see kids ever going to the 2nd tier acc schools that have any real big time talent.

i think they are looking at an assistant coach or a mid major coach looking for a pay day

Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    Not sure I agree with the move. Shannon kept the kids out of trouble and performed okay. Problem is that they think this is 2001 Miami, but it's 2010 now. Miami is no longer an elite program.
    He did keep the program clean, but the boosters are more concerned with the Win/Loss column for better or worse. I'm sure Miami can find a guy who wins that can keep the program relatively clean anyways.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    im sorry miami is still a mess, unless they get a top notch coach, its not changing.

i dont see this happening, because the acc is never going to be more than the 5th, or at best 4th best power conference (bcs conference). there are far to many weak teams. that with the fact you have sec schools around the acc schools, and the sec is far and away the best conference. i dont see kids ever going to the 2nd tier acc schools that have any real big time talent.

i think they are looking at an assistant coach or a mid major coach looking for a pay day
    FSU, Clemson and Miami in recent years have pulled in top 10 recruiting classes on a consistent basis. To say they can't reel any big time talent is simply wrong. That talent just hasn't translated onto the football field.

Anyways...We shall rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    Miami IS an elite program. They're down just like many other teams have been. Look were Alabama and Florida were earlier this decade. Look were USC had been for the past 20 years. Look where Tennessee is now. All it takes is the right captain to steer the ship. Miami has yet to find that right person. When they do though, look out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast