Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bowl matchups you want to see

I was just looking at the teams and some of the possible games and wondering what bowl games you guys would want to see this year. Lets assume that Oregon and Auburn play for the national title. I would really like to see TCU play either Wisconsin or Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. I think TCU vs Wisconsin would be very interesting because you have that explosive offense against that stonewall defense.

I'm hating the thought of having to see Boise State get stuck with a crappy bowl playing a MAC or C-USA team. I would like to see them get to play somebody like Michigan State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arkansas or Alabama.

Marcus Mariota

as a MU fan i want florida in a new years or new years eve 2nd tier bowl game. not that florida deserves that type or holiday bowl. but we would trash them and possibly start getting our hand on talent in sec country.

sorry gator fans, nothing personal, you have a good school, and a good president that gets how the bcs should really work. but im not kicking a team when their down, and letting another team use it for a future stepping stone.

Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    as a MU fan i want florida in a new years or new years eve 2nd tier bowl game. not that florida deserves that type or holiday bowl. but we would trash them and possibly start getting our hand on talent in sec country.

sorry gator fans, nothing personal, you have a good school, and a good president that gets how the bcs should really work. but im not kicking a team when their down, and letting another team use it for a future stepping stone.
    Im assuming MU means Missouri? Either way even if you play Florida in the Orange bowl (which wouldnt happen) you wouldnt get your hands on talent in SEC country. Places like Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska are probably nice places to visit but when you're an hour from the beach at South Carolina or Florida...or have rich traditions in stadiums that hold over 100k like Tennessee or Bama, its really hard to not want to play in the SEC

Since my team now is in need of a new bowl target, I'll be happy to have the Big 10 left out team.

Ohio State would be great due to Gee's recent comments. Nebraska would be nice for their participation in trying to kick down the non-AQs in their congressional hearing testimony. Any school who thinks they are entitled due to being a big school, or a historic school and has expressed how they feel threatened on record or in the media. It is going to take some backroom shuffling to get a decent match up for BSU. From what I have seen of the current At Large non-BCS pool, there isn't anyone worth playing.

I would have loved to see a Boise vs Wisconsin Rose Bowl, but a TCU vs Wisconsin Rose Bowl is okay too. I also like the Stanford vs Wisconsin idea.

Other than that, not much really. Can't wait for the BCS standings tomorrow/today, I'll probably die if OSU jumps us.

Boise vs OSU/Bama

a mack truck vs. steve addazio
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Michigan vs. Georgia!
    Michigan State vs. LSU in Capitol One Bowl?
    Aurburn vs. Oregon in BCS National Championship! IMO, this would be by far the most interesting game of the last 5 years!
    Ohio State vs. Arkansas in Sugar Bowl!
    S Car vs. Florida State (if they lose to Vtech) in Chick-fil-a bowl!

I'd watch all those!

CBS has ND vs Maryland, I wouldn't mind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Since my team now is in need of a new bowl target, I'll be happy to have the Big 10 left out team.

Ohio State would be great due to Gee's recent comments. Nebraska would be nice for their participation in trying to kick down the non-AQs in their congressional hearing testimony. Any school who thinks they are entitled due to being a big school, or a historic school and has expressed how they feel threatened on record or in the media. It is going to take some backroom shuffling to get a decent match up for BSU. From what I have seen of the current At Large non-BCS pool, there isn't anyone worth playing.
    I wonder if Boise just decides to stay home and play in the bowl game on their own blue field?

Florida vs. Penn State/Louisville

Penn State because we might actually be competitive against a team that's almost as hard to watch on offense as we are. Louisville because Charlie Strong would dial up every blitz in the book to tear John Brantley's bladder out. Maybe then Mr. anvil feet would lose his starting job.

Wisconsin-TCU in the Rose Bowl would be pretty cool and I agree with LHL on an Arkansas-Ohio State matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I wonder if Boise just decides to stay home and play in the bowl game on their own blue field?
    They might since the team they play may be better than the At Large pool. How many people are going to be interested in a 10-2 or 11-1 BSU vs a 6-6 at large MAC team? Not many. How about 11-1 BSU vs 6-6 Notre Dame. Nice to play Notre Dame, but it has no TV value or draw to it.

Are you implying that Boise is a better TV draw than ND and or a ND-Boise wouldn't draw ratings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    Are you implying that Boise is a better TV draw than ND and or a ND-Boise wouldn't draw ratings?
    My thinking as well!

Boise State vs Notre Dame would definitely get a huge audience and would give both teams an opportunity to make an impression on recruits.

Yea, either opinion is pretty asinine really. Doesn't really matter though, cause it won't happen. Wish it did though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast