Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

"Click this bar to view the full image"

Hey guys, quick question, hoping someone can help...

Sometimes when I copy and paste an image into a thread post, the image automatically resizes I guess to fit to the constraints of the site format, and it shows up smaller unless you click on the bar on top of the image to enlarge it.

I want to be able to have the image full sized automatically so you don't have to do that. I know I'm nitpicking here, but it's annoying that a picture can't appear full sized at first.

When I post the picture, a bar will appear at the top of the picture that will say "click this bar to view the full image" or "click this bar to view the smaller image."

I'm not sure if this is a universal issue with the site, or if it varies depending on the computer your using, and the dimensions of that computer.

For reference, here is my most recent game thread - http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=713833. If you scroll to the bottom, I pasted in a picture for the injury report. On my computer at least, it shows up much smaller at first and you have to click the image bar to resize it. This is also happening with my gif sig, which you can see at the bottom of this post.

1) Do you guys know what I'm talking about? Does this even happen for anyone else?

2) Is there any way to get around this?

3) If not, does anyone know what the dimension limits are for pictures so that this doesn't happen? Is there a maximum LxW you can reach with a picture before it will ask you to resize?

vCash
    we have image restraints

Size standards: Please limit the size of the photo to 500 wide x 170 tall (pixels). The photos you use should not be hot-linked. Please host them on a site such photobucket.com or imageshack.us.
    now for something like a game thread you can split the image into two, or however many it takes. here's an example.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=649415

vCash
    but dont do that for sigs. if they're too big we'll tell you to take them down.

vCash
    Great. Thanks for the help!

vCash
    listen to howe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    now for something like a game thread you can split the image into two, or however many it takes. here's an example.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=649415
    Do you know of an easy way to do this?

My "expertise" on that would consist of taking multiple screen shots of a large image, then saving each screen shot as a separate image. And then it would be extremely tricky to make sure each screen shot is the exact right size and in the exact right place so that all of the new separate images line up perfectly as one image later on... You know what I'm saying?

Is there a function/program/site you use that can do this automatically? Like ideally, you could take the original large image, and break it up into a number of equal sized rectangles in one move. Do you know of anything that does that? Or are you splitting the large image into smaller images manually?

Here's my new game thread for reference: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=714549. Ideally, I could just take that picture and split it into 8-10 or so equal sized rectangles. That way you don't have to "click this bear to view full image."