Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Malvern, PA
    Posts
    80,965

    Ron Gardenhire Wins 2010 AL Manager of the Year Award

    Per MLB Network. Congrats to him!

    Washington finished 2nd, Maddon 3rd.
    Last edited by MooseWithFleas; 11-17-2010 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,551
    This is a bad pick. Ron Washington should have gotten this award. Gardenhire along with the Twins choke every year in the playoffs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montclair, CA
    Posts
    2,701
    Ron Washington should have won


    The Future is NOW!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees Suck View Post
    This is a bad pick. Ron Washington should have gotten this award. Gardenhire along with the Twins choke every year in the playoffs.
    Manager of the year along with the other awards are regualr season awards. Ballots are in before the playoffs start.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,104
    He sure manages to waste the AL Central team in the playoffs every year...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,552
    Francona should have won, he kept that team alive in the best division with all of those injuries..gardenhire is a decent manager but his team has zero heart/backbone and are never even competitive against good teams, especially in october
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees Suck View Post
    This is a bad pick. Ron Washington should have gotten this award. Gardenhire along with the Twins choke every year in the playoffs.
    That doesn't matter in the voting.

    Gardenhire finally got his.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,282
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Francona should have won, he kept that team alive in the best division with all of those injuries..gardenhire is a decent manager but his team has zero heart/backbone and are never even competitive against good teams, especially in october
    How do you measure a teams heart and backbone?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    7,420
    I disagree with this selection. I think Ron Washington should have won it. The Rangers(!) finally won their division and had an excellent year in the regular season.


    Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I disagree with this selection. I think Ron Washington should have won it. The Rangers(!) finally won their division and had an excellent year in the regular season.
    I'd argue they were a better team and should have won regardless of manager. They have the ROY, a guy in contention for MVP, and a guy in contention for CY. And a bunch of other very good players. I think Gardenhire did more with less.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,282
    While you could of went either way with Washinton or Gardenhire imo. Gardy won because he lost an MVP 1B for half the season and a great closer for the whole season. While I hate the Twins I have always liked Gardy and wish he was on the South Side managing my White Sox.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,193
    For all those saying Washington deserved it over Gerdenhire, you are aware that the Twins had a better record, right? I think we can all agree that the Rangers had more offensive talent for sure, and one of the best pitchers in the game. I think this pick was right on.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Manager of the year along with the other awards are regualr season awards. Ballots are in before the playoffs start.
    The voters did not have to see Gardenhire in the post-season this year to know that his team does NOTHING in the post-season. Gardenhire is a sub-par manager.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    6,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees Suck View Post
    The voters did not have to see Gardenhire in the post-season this year to know that his team does NOTHING in the post-season. Gardenhire is a sub-par manager.
    how does that have anything to do with the 2010 regular season?


    San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    While you could of went either way with Washinton or Gardenhire imo. Gardy won because he lost an MVP 1B for half the season and a great closer for the whole season. While I hate the Twins I have always liked Gardy and wish he was on the South Side managing my White Sox.
    Why? If he managed the Chi Sox then they would never know what a Post-season win actually feels like.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •