Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 913
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    ^^^Would it be fair to hold on to Wallace during a time of rebuilding? Having him play as hard as he does on a losing squad would be unfair to him and if yall draft well, the community could get behind some young upcoming stars.
    I see where your'e coming from, but don't you think young players want to go to a team with at least a small shot at the playoffs and not a 20 win team?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,392
    vCash
    1500
    It would absolutely kill me to lose Wallace to another team. He has been so loyal to the Bobcats and trying to make them a winner. He has given it his all and gone all out every game even when the team had nothing to play for. He is someone every young player should look up to. However, I think if we are going to start rebuilding, unfortunately, he may be someone we have to lose in order to get something of value in return. Like I said, it would absolutely kill me to see, but if it makes us have a very good team in the future, thats what we have to do. I think McGuire can feel in pretty nicely for him. And we can always get a young good player through trades or draft. We have a lot of good young pieces on the team to build around. Now is the time to get the wheels rolling and start rebuiding.

    Does anyone think L. Brown would stay around to help out if he knew that we were going to start a rebuilding process? I think he would be really good for a young team but I just dont see him wanting ot at his age. A lot of people didnt think he would come back this season. If he didn't, does anyone know who a good coaching option would be for a young rebuilding team?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RoLLTidE!! AlaBamA!!
    Posts
    9,050
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GW3 all day View Post
    I see where your'e coming from, but don't you think young players want to go to a team with at least a small shot at the playoffs and not a 20 win team?
    Honestly, young players want playing time and points when they hit the league, winning usually comes after that.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,392
    vCash
    1500
    From watching a video of a coack brown interview on bobcats.com, he is getting very annoyed with Stephen Jackson and his technical fouls. He said he is hurting his team by consistantly getting technical fouls. By his tone of voice in the video, I would not be suprised to see Jackson be traded this season.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    56
    vCash
    1500
    The problem with trading Jackson is you're going to get very little in return. You're talking about a 32-year-old shooting guard with a history of getting into trouble with the NBA, that is signed through 2013 and will be making $10 million a year by then. Teams certainly won't part with young talent for that, and the best draft pick we could hope for would probably be a mid-to-late 2nd rounder.

    You could get garbage back in return - maybe a salary dump player. But does that make Charlotte better? The Bobcats are in a bit of a mess, and there's no easy way out of it. I think it was Bill Simmons who said Charlotte had the worst roster in the NBA to move forward with. Although harsh, it's probably true. The Bobcats HAVE to draft better. In their entire history, the only decent players they've gotten are Okafor, Felton, Augustin (although drafting him over Lopez is still horrible), and possibly Henderson and Derrick Brown. Although the latter two are probably, at best, energy bench players.

    All that to say...if you trade Jackson (or Wallace), don't expect anything decent or of equal value in return. Because we're not likely going to get it.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Ish - That's probably true what you say about Jackson, but if my team needs a SG and i'm in the hunt for the playoffs, I might do a deal for him so I can win this season. Stephen is going to have to cool off if he wants to be a Bobcat at the end of the year.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,392
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IshHappens View Post
    The problem with trading Jackson is you're going to get very little in return. You're talking about a 32-year-old shooting guard with a history of getting into trouble with the NBA, that is signed through 2013 and will be making $10 million a year by then. Teams certainly won't part with young talent for that, and the best draft pick we could hope for would probably be a mid-to-late 2nd rounder.

    You could get garbage back in return - maybe a salary dump player. But does that make Charlotte better? The Bobcats are in a bit of a mess, and there's no easy way out of it. I think it was Bill Simmons who said Charlotte had the worst roster in the NBA to move forward with. Although harsh, it's probably true. The Bobcats HAVE to draft better. In their entire history, the only decent players they've gotten are Okafor, Felton, Augustin (although drafting him over Lopez is still horrible), and possibly Henderson and Derrick Brown. Although the latter two are probably, at best, energy bench players.

    All that to say...if you trade Jackson (or Wallace), don't expect anything decent or of equal value in return. Because we're not likely going to get it.
    First off let me say I love your name/pic. I went to highschool at Central Cabarrus with Ish and used to play b-ball with him after school. He broke my ankles a couple times.

    Anyways, I don't think anybody would expect anything equal in value to Jack or Gerald in return for either one of them. To begin a rebuilding process, you are probably going to have to be really bad for a couple season before you can be good. Its not just a one step process. You arent just going to trade one good player and get exactly what you need in return to make you an elite team. It is a multi-step process. Eventually we have to lose both of these guys, as much as it will suck, if we are going to start rebuilding. I don't see Gerald getting traded this season, but I can garuntee you that the Bobcats are listening to offers for Jack and wouldnt be suprised if he does get dealt. Larry Brown is beyond irritated by him hurting the team with his fouls. He will not put up with it very long before he says he has to go.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMustachio1 View Post
    It would absolutely kill me to lose Wallace to another team. He has been so loyal to the Bobcats and trying to make them a winner. He has given it his all and gone all out every game even when the team had nothing to play for. He is someone every young player should look up to. However, I think if we are going to start rebuilding, unfortunately, he may be someone we have to lose in order to get something of value in return. Like I said, it would absolutely kill me to see, but if it makes us have a very good team in the future, thats what we have to do. I think McGuire can feel in pretty nicely for him. And we can always get a young good player through trades or draft. We have a lot of good young pieces on the team to build around. Now is the time to get the wheels rolling and start rebuiding.

    Does anyone think L. Brown would stay around to help out if he knew that we were going to start a rebuilding process? I think he would be really good for a young team but I just dont see him wanting ot at his age. A lot of people didnt think he would come back this season. If he didn't, does anyone know who a good coaching option would be for a young rebuilding team?
    There is no chance that Larry Brown would stay during rebuilding because he wants to win now. And because of the fact that Larry Brown is basically the GM who makes all the decision and because MJ does whatever Larry Brown wants I don't think we will see any rebuilding until LB goes.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,392
    vCash
    1500
    ^^I agree 100%

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMustachio1 View Post
    ^^I agree 100%
    me too.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    56
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GW3 all day View Post
    Ish - That's probably true what you say about Jackson, but if my team needs a SG and i'm in the hunt for the playoffs, I might do a deal for him so I can win this season. Stephen is going to have to cool off if he wants to be a Bobcat at the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMustachio1
    Anyways, I don't think anybody would expect anything equal in value to Jack or Gerald in return for either one of them. To begin a rebuilding process, you are probably going to have to be really bad for a couple season before you can be good. Its not just a one step process. You arent just going to trade one good player and get exactly what you need in return to make you an elite team. It is a multi-step process. Eventually we have to lose both of these guys, as much as it will suck, if we are going to start rebuilding. I don't see Gerald getting traded this season, but I can garuntee you that the Bobcats are listening to offers for Jack and wouldnt be suprised if he does get dealt. Larry Brown is beyond irritated by him hurting the team with his fouls. He will not put up with it very long before he says he has to go.
    If I were a borderline playoff team and I could give up a bad contact bench player, or a couple of garbage bench guys for Stephen Jackson, I'd absolutely do it too. But from the Bobcats perspective, it doesn't help much.

    I understand to rebuild you have to have bad years. However, if you're Charlotte and you pull the trigger on a Jackson to San Antonio for Antonio McDyess and Tiago Splitter deal, you're basically throwing in the towel on this season. Which is fine long-term, but fans will notice and will quit coming. The Bobcats FINALLY gained some needed fan support with their playoff appearance last year. They could lose that traction just as easily by dumping their best players for a rebuilding project that could take 3-4 years.

    Unless Jack just pulls a "Baron Davis at the end of his Hornets run" effort on us, I'd see if we can at least sniff the playoffs again this year with him. Remember, we started poorly a year ago and came on to make the postseason. It's a long season and it can be done.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RoLLTidE!! AlaBamA!!
    Posts
    9,050
    vCash
    1500
    Bottom line, if this team rebuilds...we all know who has the most value.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    There is no chance that Larry Brown would stay during rebuilding because he wants to win now. And because of the fact that Larry Brown is basically the GM who makes all the decision and because MJ does whatever Larry Brown wants I don't think we will see any rebuilding until LB goes.
    agreed. and Larry isn't known for his ability to develop/instill confidence in youngsters
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchski View Post
    I don't mean to be offending or anything, but if Lebron goes the the Bobcats, I'll eat my own poop.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Ish - I mean that maybe they'll give up draft picks or a young guy who the Bobcats could groom for greatness. We still have a shot with Stephen but, in the long run, he has to go.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    619
    vCash
    1500
    Larry Brown is the problem. He has never won with a team that wasn't already championship level or at least had a game changing superstar (AI, Reggie Miller, David Robinson etc.). The Bobcats are not a good fit for Brown. LB took AI's 76ers to the finals, but destroyed the teams future. He won a title with Rick Carlisle's Pistons, but seriously hindered the teams future. If the Bobcats don't feel the are championship ready they should do what they feel is best for the team regardless of what LB want's. If that means dealing Wallace & Jackson to improve the teams future the should do it and give Brown his walking papers.

    Larry can take an already built team and win with it, but he often alienates young players then deals them for nothing just to get them off of the team. After a couple of years with Brown established veterans tend to get tired of his often surly demeanor.
    If given enough power and time he will have a negative effect on the Bobcats future just as he did the Pacers, 76ers and Pistons.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •