Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Literally just the bag, you can eat the chips first.

vCash
    Good point. Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I don't want to deal with the trash. So you can just have him for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    Had this already in Trade Ideas-forum, but in case you Bobcats fans don't read that one :

Right now, Amare is such a misfit in Knicks that they would be better off without him per se. Problem lies in that gargantuan contract which very few teams would either want or be able to receive....

I found one trade which could make sense for both teams though :

Knicks trade Stoudemire & Iman Shumpert (21,6M contracted for 3 years)
    Bobcats trade Ben Gordon (12,4M for 2 years) & Tyrus Thomas (8M for 3 years)

How this benefits teams :

NYK :

- gets rid of Stoudemire who is an obvious hindrance in this team and style of play.
    - gets big salary cut for 2014-2015 season (as Gordon expires)
    - gets a possible comeback kid at PF in Tyrus Thomas who used to be rather good and is definitely a better defender than Amare. As bad as Tyrus has been for two seasons now, there is still a chance that slide reverses in different environment.
    -gets another quality shooter in Ben Gordon. Knicks-style requires 2 hot-hand shooters in almost all the time. With that style, you can never have too long rotation of those. Gordon's minutes would probably fluctuate a LOT, but he can still win you couple of games per season.

As a conclusion : Getting rid of Stoudemire while getting two potentially productive bench players is a GREAT deal for Knicks.

CHA :

- Stoudemire would be a star in name at least for a team lacking any kind of pizzazz.
    - in a team desperate for scoring help, he would also be much more in place and help Bobcats to use purely defensive big (Biyombo/Haywood) next to him.
    - Shumpert would be a nice young talent Bobcats really need. Besides a big play-making guard would really work next of diminutive scoring-driven Kemba
    - Financially, Bobcats wouldn't (miraculously) be hurt too badly. They would lose dealing&wheeling room for one season, but that is not a season they necessarily need to be making big moves. Amare's current albatross of a deal would expire in time to extend Kemba/Biyombo/Jeffrey Taylor.

As a conclusion : Bobcats receive the only unquestionable asset of the trade in Shumpert, while getting a ticket/teamware selling boost in Stoudemire. They give up one currently useless player who apparently won't be leaving his slump in Charlotte (Tyrus Thomas) and another who while still occasionally brilliant offensive player, is not really having a place in team's future (Ben Gordon). As a starting line-up Walker-Shumpert-MKG-Stoudemire-Biyombo/Haywood makes more sense than what they use now.

What do you think? Would you make it?

vCash
    I've been opposed to Amare in the past, but the Bobcats aren't really giving up anything significant, and it would basically only be a 2.5 year commitment. Plus, Shump is an interesting piece, even if he's a bit redundant with Jeff Taylor.

vCash
    I think that'd actually be a good trade for the Bobcats to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Greg Oden's agent said he is most likely to sign with either San Antonio or Charlotte either late this season or next year. I would love to bring him in, we need talented bigs, and you never know what you might get out of him. He would be a risk, but the reward could be ample.

vCash
    Hey guys,

Sixers Fan here. Just looking for a lil local vibe. Is Biyombo still untouchable?

vCash
    I don't think he was ever untouchable, but he's going to require a pretty good deal to move, IMO.

vCash
    Move Granger for Biyombo, Diop, and Henderson. Gives Indiana a solid 2, an expiring, and a young big with a lot of upside. Gives you guys that go to scorer you need but wont be able to attract in FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffsFan View Post
    Move Granger for Biyombo, Diop, and Henderson. Gives Indiana a solid 2, an expiring, and a young big with a lot of upside. Gives you guys that go to scorer you need but wont be able to attract in FA.
    He plays MKG's position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    He plays MKG's position.
    Yeah, don't see that deal being very beneficial for the Bobcats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Yeah, don't see that deal being very beneficial for the Bobcats.
    Even if he could play the 2, he is pretty expensive. They would have to take back Ben Gordon.

vCash
    ESPN bottom line says we are discussing trading Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries

2013 NC STATE FOOTBALL: 2-0
    The Dave Doeren Era

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Even if he could play the 2, he is pretty expensive. They would have to take back Ben Gordon.
    He can't. He's more of a 3/4 than a 2/3.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    I would love Hump for Gordon trade. He would help with rebounding, and had a pretty good year last year. I hope we make a move for Milsap though. He's be a good fit imo.

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast