Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Superior, WI
    Posts
    17,036

    AP Top 25 (Week 12)

    1. Oregon
    2. Auburn
    3. Boise State
    4. TCU
    5. LSU
    6. Wisconsin
    7. Stanford
    8. Ohio State
    9. Nebraska
    10. Alabama
    11. Michigan State
    12. Oklahoma State
    13. Arkansas
    14. Virginia Tech
    15. Missouri
    16. Oklahoma
    17. South Carolina
    18. Texas A&M
    19. Nevada
    20. USC
    21. Iowa
    22. Mississippi State
    23. Arizona
    24. Miami (FL)
    25. Utah

    * Dropped from rankings: Florida 24, UCF 25

    * Others receiving votes: Northwestern 99, Florida State 69, North Carolina State 38, Northern Illinois 37, San Diego State 32, Temple 9, Michigan 4, Tulsa 2, Syracuse 2, Maryland 1, Delaware 1,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,221
    The AP continues to be awful; TCU slips once, and beats a pretty good SDSU team (who got some votes for the Top 25) by 5 because of a late rally, gets jumped by BSU. I don't get it. I still think TCU should be ahead, but really its a moot point neither are going to the NC. Still screws TCU over (who I think is better than BSU)

    Utah is STILL in the Top 25? After a 40 point loss at home then a 25 point loss to a medicore ND squad who didn't have 3 of their 4 best recievers, their starting RB and their starting QB? Good god.

    Oklahoma State DROPPED 2 spots after manhandling Texas on the road? Grant it, they're not a very good team but how do they get penalized for that? This is the same team that beat Nebraska on the road.
    Welcome home, Jim.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alcoa, Tn
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan71 View Post
    The AP continues to be awful; TCU slips once, and beats a pretty good SDSU team (who got some votes for the Top 25) by 5 because of a late rally, gets jumped by BSU. I don't get it. I still think TCU should be ahead, but really its a moot point neither are going to the NC. Still screws TCU over (who I think is better than BSU)

    Utah is STILL in the Top 25? After a 40 point loss at home then a 25 point loss to a medicore ND squad who didn't have 3 of their 4 best recievers, their starting RB and their starting QB? Good god.

    Oklahoma State DROPPED 2 spots after manhandling Texas on the road? Grant it, they're not a very good team but how do they get penalized for that? This is the same team that beat Nebraska on the road.
    Oh you've done it now. You're gonna get response after response of Sports Illustrated and ESPN.com articles claiming the Boise St is the greatest team of all time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,141
    Boise State is better than TCU, no doubt in my mind. I think they are better than Auburn as well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    27,839
    I am rooting hard for either Auburn or Oregon to lose. The cluster **** to follow would be so entertaining.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    37,048
    LOL at Utah still being ranked.

    LOL at Delaware getting a vote

    LOL at Tulsa getting 2 votes.

    LOL at this LOL college football year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,221
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    I am rooting hard for either Auburn or Oregon to lose. The cluster **** to follow would be so entertaining.
    Definitely. Preferably Auburn. I just think Oregon's Offense is just sick and would love to see em in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    LOL at Utah still being ranked.

    LOL at Delaware getting a vote

    LOL at Tulsa getting 2 votes.

    LOL at this LOL college football year.
    This. This. This. and This.
    Welcome home, Jim.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    68
    I don't know who is better between TCU and BSU but there are definitely arguments to be made for BSU to be ranked above TCU.

    !. BSU was ranked ahead of TCU to begin with and did nothing to lose that ranking. They have pretty much manhandled every team they have played.

    2 Last week BSU destroyed a Hawaii who is about on the same level as the SDSU team that TCU looked unimpressive against.

    3. They both beat Oregon St. with BSU having the larger margin of victory.

    4. BSU has a win over a team that will be a BCS automatic qualifer in Virginia Tech.

    5. BSU beat both TCU last year and Oregon the last 2 years. While the computers dont take this into consideration but voters probably will.

    So I think as of right now BSU is where they should be in the rankings if not lower than they should be.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,450
    Nice to see my alma mater getting 37 votes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan71 View Post
    The AP continues to be awful; TCU slips once, and beats a pretty good SDSU team (who got some votes for the Top 25) by 5 because of a late rally, gets jumped by BSU. I don't get it. I still think TCU should be ahead, but really its a moot point neither are going to the NC. Still screws TCU over (who I think is better than BSU)

    Utah is STILL in the Top 25? After a 40 point loss at home then a 25 point loss to a medicore ND squad who didn't have 3 of their 4 best recievers, their starting RB and their starting QB? Good god.

    Oklahoma State DROPPED 2 spots after manhandling Texas on the road? Grant it, they're not a very good team but how do they get penalized for that? This is the same team that beat Nebraska on the road.

    wait so you say tcu should be ranked ahead of bsu while acknowlodging utah isnt a top 25 team. Lol what a fail

    Bsu decent Opponents for their season

    Virginia Tech- ranked with 2 losses, undefeated in conference play
    Hawaii- likely to be 10-3 at end of season, favored heavily in the rest of their games, beat nevada
    Nevada- ranked with one loss
    Fresno State- lost to nevada by one point, always been solid, currently 6-3
    Oregon State- sucks

    TCU's Opponents

    baylor- has 4 losses and still has to play oklahoma
    air force - 4 loss team lol.
    utah- straight up sucks and will lose to sdsu. This is going to be a 3 loss team no better than hawaii.
    San Diego State- decent team, should be a 2 loss team,
    Oregon State

    And before you bring up the MWC, the WAC is rated as a tougher conference this year than the MWC in Sagarin.

    Oregon State cancels out
    Probable 3 loss Hawaii is equal to probable 3 loss Utah
    probable 4 loss Fresno State is equal to 4 loss air force
    Probable 2 loss Nevada is at least equal and probably greater to 3 loss San Diego State
    Virginia Tech>>>>> 4 loss Baylor

    So Boise has played in a tougher conference, beat tcu last year and both return the same teams, will play more ranked teams than tcu at the end of the year, and has a straight up tougher schedule.

    Where are you getting tcu looks better than bsu? You mean the same team that struggled against 5-5 SMU? TCU has struggled against inferior opponents but people just forget for some reason.
    Last edited by sfbayareafan; 11-14-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    warriors, sharks, 49ers, giants, cal, CU


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,254
    Delaware WTF?!?!
    JETS/RANGERS/YANKEES/KNICKS/VA TECH/SYRACUSE/ARMY
    "I don't know what a Hokie is, but god is one of them" - Lee Corso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVP0Q...eature=related - J.O.B. (Jets Over B**ches)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boise State
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    Oh you've done it now. You're gonna get response after response of Sports Illustrated and ESPN.com articles claiming the Boise St is the greatest team of all time.
    They are? That is so cool. I haven't read those. Do you have the links?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •