Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Sharks Defense?

Hybrid View

vCash

Sharks Defense?

Is it just me, or am I wrong? I am a big fan of the Sharks, but cannot for the life of me understand why the coaches and management can't see that the one big glaring weakness of the Sharks has been for years their lack of a strong, consistent and intimidating defense. Why the Sharks a few years back ever thought that fielding a defense that started two rookies Vlassic and Carle would work is beyond me. If you look at the recent championship winners, they all have had in common tough D-men who opposing teams had to watch out for. In my humble opinion, I think the Sharks need to bolster their defense by bringing in more wrecking ball guys like Murray, who can pound as well as skate and shoot like Boyle.

vCash
    I agree, even the defensemen are finesse, and that needs to change. Losing Blake really hurt the Sharks as they, obviously, didn't attain anyone to take his place. They need to make a few moves to bolster the defense, perhaps trading a guy like Clowe. They also need to build via the draft, get some guys that can kick some ***!

Playoff Bochy.

vCash

yup and yup

Any way you look at it the D is less than good enough. And the drafting???
    I like Vlasic, but he has not improved each year...so there should be a strong rookie pushing him, after his slot.

The front office idea is to try patch work, there really is no cohesive concept for the D.

vCash
    Murray is bad ***!!!
    Vlasic is sooooooo over rated!!!! He don't have a offensive bone in his body, he is not physical, he is not tuff, he is just good at being in position. He has not a single point this season yet so... what the hell is he doing on the Power Play?!? They should trade him and Huskins for a useful D-man. The Sharks will NO WAY what so ever win a championship with the defensemen that they have now. It's a shame!!! & Pisses me off!!!!

vCash
    It's obvious that D is the sharks biggest problem this year. A combination of poor contracts and lack of signings. They didn't replace Blake and signed Huskins & Wallin (two mediocre dmen at best) to raises the last two years. Murray has been great for us, and Demers could be very good in a couple of years. Vlasic seems to be stagnant after his breakout year. Bottom line is they are going to need to make a trade for a top 3 defenseman to salvage the season. A trade would probably involve Clowe or Setoguchi.

vCash
    please make a trade............and soon

49ers.....:10-3-1 gotta luv the tie(last one ever.Callin it)
    SHARKS... NHL givin us some time
    GIANTS.... 2010 CHAMPS and 2012 WOW!!!
    SDSU AZTECS... Ranked #17 all day
    GS WARRIORS..Watch out lake show**updateClip show
    [x]resign Pagan/Affeldft/Marco
    []sign HAMILTON Awww
    [ ] sign G.Sizemore/T.Harfner BENCH 1y - 1 mil
    [ ] sign Mike Adams 3y - 12mil
    [ ] resign the BEARD/MVPOSEY (make it rain sabs)
    [ ] REPEAT 3 outta 4

vCash
    Oh man seriously Doug Wilson needs to make some moves!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riceveryday22 View Post
    Oh man seriously Doug Wilson needs to make some moves!
    i feel u lol

vCash
    I have to give Wallin some props, he's not quite as useless as he was last year. Still not nearly worth the contract though. Vlasic has always been overrated imo, but he's still a good defenceman that should be playing much better than this.

I'm not too worried though, something will get done at the deadline. I'm sure that was the plan all along after the Hawks matched our offer for Hjalmarsson.

vCash
    I dont know if you guys ever check ********, but they are always saying how bad the sharks D is, if we had chicago's D from last year, we would have been to the Cup, but instead got beaten down....

DW needs to realize that hes got enough offensive players, and NO D!

vCash
    What's gotten into the Sharks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    What's gotten into the Sharks?
    hopefully they're gaining momentum at the right time...

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    I'd say our defense will be good next season and for many years to come. Boyle is aging (34 years old) but he still gets the job done, he's averaging over 25 minutes per game. Vlasic is an excellent shut down defenseman, good at blocking shots, and good at using his stick to break up passes, I was impressed with his playoff performance last year, he was actually throwing his body around for once.

Demers is MUCH improved from last season. His skating has improved, he's more poised with the puck, and he's making better decisions with the puck. That's a good sign for Demers and Sharks fans. I'm glad Doug Wilson signed him for the next few years.

Ian White is looking like a steal for us. He's a solid defenseman and he's good defensively and he can jump in on the play, and the guy can skate. I really hope Wilson can lock him up, White even said he would like to stay here.

We all know what Crankshaft Douglas Murray can do. He's a big guy, shutdown defenseman, and he's probably the hardest hitter in the league, overall a monster.

Wallin and Huskins need to go ASAP. I highly doubt these guys will be back next season with Braun being NHL ready. Braun is very similiar to Demers, both are young talented PMD.

Next season's d-pairings: Boyle-Murray, Vlasic-White, Demers-Braun.