Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,784

    Who deserves to be in the Title Game?

    We are at that point where many will start to look at the computers and scratch their heads and wonder what it means. It may seem premature, but with college football setting the teams headed for Glendale soon, I thought this could be a good thread since many are not in agreement of who is deserving. With Alabama losing this week, it has opened a door to teams who didn't look to have a great chance before this week, they can now make it should certain losses arise.

    I'm asking you, under a specific circumstance, who do you want in the championship game. The circumstance is if Oregon or Auburn lose, or even if both lose; Who do you want in there, assuming everyone else who is in the hunt keeps winning. There's the Non-AQ's Boise St and TCU, there's Nebraska, Ohio St., Stanford, LSU, Wisconsin etc. involved as well. You may also keep Oregon and Auburn in the title with a loss each if you believe those are the two best teams, you decide!
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 11-07-2010 at 04:24 AM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    27,768
    If Oregon or Auburn lose, I guess it would depend on who they lose to and how badly. If Auburn loses to Bama, but still wins the SEC Title then I wouldn't be shocked to see either Auburn or LSU jump to #2. If they both lose, I think the voters will do EVERYTHING in their power to prevent a Boise-TCU national championship. I doubt they keep them both out, but one of them will get screwed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    14,310
    with the win over utah it gives tcu the advantage. honestly, i wouldnt mind either or being in the N.C. but as their opponent, I wouldnt mind seeing either of them against Auburn or Oregon.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,784
    This is my take on all of this. If Oregon and Auburn both lose very close games, I still think those teams should make it. It's a grind in these conferences, and with that comes days when you just don't have it. However, if Auburn loses the SEC Championship then I'm not sure about them making it. I feel like if you don't win your conference championship, then you shouldn't make it to the title game. You may think I'm being biased with my answer about Oregon, and you could be right, but I only say this because Oregon especially has been incredibly dominant over the Pac-10 this season. Auburn also plays in the toughest conference in the nation, so it's difficult for me to have them a notch below anyone else even if they lose to Bama in a close game in their season finale.

    I'm not against Boise St. or TCU making the title either, I think it would be awesome for Oregon to play either one. I don't really have a preference over which one should make it out of Boise/TCU, pretty much flip a coin because each has very similar resumes in my opinion. With that said, I just think that in the end, Oregon and Auburn still have more impressive resumes than Boise/TCU due to their conference even with a close loss. It's also not like Oregon and Auburn haven't passed the eye-test thus far either. No ill will Seppuku
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 11-07-2010 at 07:31 AM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alcoa, Tn
    Posts
    916
    The most deserving teams in order are...

    Oregon
    SEC Champion
    TCU
    Boise St

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boise State
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    This is my take on all of this. If Oregon and Auburn both lose very close games, I still think those teams should make it. It's a grind in these conferences, and with that comes days when you just don't have it. However, if Auburn loses the SEC Championship then I'm not sure about them making it. I feel like if you don't win your conference championship, then you shouldn't make it to the title game. You may think I'm being biased with my answer about Oregon, and you could be right, but I only say this because Oregon especially has been incredibly dominant over the Pac-10 this season. Auburn also plays in the toughest conference in the nation, so it's difficult for me to have them a notch below anyone else even if they lose to Bama in a close game in their season finale.

    I'm not against Boise St. or TCU making the title either, I think it would be awesome for Oregon to play either one. I don't really have a preference over which one should make it out of Boise/TCU, pretty much flip a coin because each has very similar resumes in my opinion. With that said, I just think that in the end, Oregon and Auburn still have more impressive resumes than Boise/TCU due to their conference even with a close loss. It's also not like Oregon and Auburn haven't passed the eye-test thus far either. No ill will Seppuku
    No I'll will taken. I agree that Oregon looks like the best team in CFB. I'm still a little unsure about Auburn. I'm not sure that they are going to win out and you certainly should not be in the NC game if you don't win your conference. We hear all year about how CFB has the most important regular season in any sport. If that is your argument as to why we shouldn't have a playoff, don't toss the results if you don't like how it turns out. As for the next team, there is no question that BSU is the better team than TCU. TCU did prove to everyone that Utah had no business being in the top 10. Even with their game against #3 TCU, the Utah SOS is nowhere near BSU and TCU. As much as I don't want to see a BSU v Oregon rematch in the NC, I wouldn't mind seeing the odds maker statement from the CC show last week tested. From those of you who don't listen (you are probably blessed by not have to listen to CC babble), the odds maker indicated that the BCS should dump the computer polls and get their data from Vegas instead. He indicated that Vegas loves BSU: The current line between BSU and Oregon in a NC would be Oregon by 5 points because all of the money would be landing on Oregon and Vegas would make a killing because BSU would win.

    But then that is just the opinion of the Vegas odds makers. What do they know anyway...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,509
    Auburn vs. Oregon !!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alcoa, Tn
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    No I'll will taken. I agree that Oregon looks like the best team in CFB. I'm still a little unsure about Auburn. I'm not sure that they are going to win out and you certainly should not be in the NC game if you don't win your conference. We hear all year about how CFB has the most important regular season in any sport. If that is your argument as to why we shouldn't have a playoff, don't toss the results if you don't like how it turns out. As for the next team, there is no question that BSU is the better team than TCU. TCU did prove to everyone that Utah had no business being in the top 10. Even with their game against #3 TCU, the Utah SOS is nowhere near BSU and TCU. As much as I don't want to see a BSU v Oregon rematch in the NC, I wouldn't mind seeing the odds maker statement from the CC show last week tested. From those of you who don't listen (you are probably blessed by not have to listen to CC babble), the odds maker indicated that the BCS should dump the computer polls and get their data from Vegas instead. He indicated that Vegas loves BSU: The current line between BSU and Oregon in a NC would be Oregon by 5 points because all of the money would be landing on Oregon and Vegas would make a killing because BSU would win.

    But then that is just the opinion of the Vegas odds makers. What do they know anyway...
    Must be some question seeing as how TCU is ahead of Boise in the Coaches poll and will surely be ahead of them in the BCS again this week. Both teams play cupcakes, TCU is just playing cupcakes that have Icing and sprinkles.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    47,544
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    Must be some question seeing as how TCU is ahead of Boise in the Coaches poll and will surely be ahead of them in the BCS again this week. Both teams play cupcakes, TCU is just playing cupcakes that have Icing and sprinkles.
    TCU played and beat two top 25 teams, hell, they beat the #5 team in the nation by 40 points. TCU is legitimate. Plus, they beat quality teams in Baylor, Air Force, and SMU. If Oregon State had been scheduled and beaten by Auburn, that would be considered a quality win for them, but god forbid TCU or Boise State schedule them, because now they're a cupcake team.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    15,461
    I say if both Oregon and Auburn lose, it should be TCU and Boise State, with Boise State being my iffy of the two. Anyone who doubted TCU after yesterday just needs to be quiet. They DESTROYED the #5 team in the nation yesterday.

    With that said, I don't see Oregon losing the rest of the year!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsbruh
    Posts
    66,503
    I think TCU deserves it more than BSU, sadly. Poor Boise. It's hard to pick them over Boise, especially after the bowl game last year...but based purely on this season and this season alone, TCU deserves it significantly more IMO.

    I don't think a 2-loss SEC team should make it over either those two...and not sure how I feel about a one-loss Auburn team.
    this my sig

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lafayette, CA
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    The most deserving teams in order are...

    Oregon
    SEC Champion
    TCU
    Boise St
    So let me ask you this. If Florida or South Carolina wins the SEC they deserve to be in the national championship game? Anyways until they lose it's Oregon and Auburn.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,509
    I'm so tired of this Boise & TCU ****. Auburn has beaten Mississippi State on the road(top 25 team), Clemson, South Carolina (top 25 team), Arkansas (top 25 team; top 10 at time), LSU (top 10 team), and still have UGA and Bama on schedule. If Auburn wins out then they should be in Championship NO matter what, same for Oregon. Now if one of them loses, talk to me about TCU or Boise. Until then, no.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alcoa, Tn
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    TCU played and beat two top 25 teams, hell, they beat the #5 team in the nation by 40 points. TCU is legitimate. Plus, they beat quality teams in Baylor, Air Force, and SMU. If Oregon State had been scheduled and beaten by Auburn, that would be considered a quality win for them, but god forbid TCU or Boise State schedule them, because now they're a cupcake team.
    Hey I personally like TCU and think they are the 3rd best team in the Nation but I just cant look at Oregon St....a 4-4 .500 team as a quality win. Not when Auburn is beating teams like LSU, Arkansas and Miss St and Oregon is beating teams like Standford and USC.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alcoa, Tn
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Analyst View Post
    So let me ask you this. If Florida or South Carolina wins the SEC they deserve to be in the national championship game? Anyways until they lose it's Oregon and Auburn.
    I dont believe Florida or South Carolina will win the SEC though. I think it will ultimately come down to Auburn winning it or LSU if Auburn falls off the map in the next two weeks. However, a 2 loss SEC team is probably still a better team then most of the teams in the top 25 but thats another topic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •