Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bruins trade rumors

It getting close to trade time, nothing really new to report, but figured we should be hearing a lot of rumors soon, here's what the fourthperiod has to say

Bruins beginning to lay groundwork

TheFourthPeriod.com
    Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has about a month before he has to realistically pull the trigger on a trade, but that doesn't mean he hasn't started laying the foundation of future deals.

According to the Boston Globe, no trades are imminent, but Chiarelli could use this week's GM meetings as framework for future cap-clearing deals.

Forwards Marc Savard and Marco Sturm are expected to return to the lineup next month, which will force the Bruins into make a couple of moves to accommodate their salaries under the cap.

"(Savard's) starting to feel like he's in good shape," Chiarelli told the Globe. "There haven't been any lingering side effects (from post-concussion syndrome) that we had talked about earlier on in his rehab. He was in very good spirits. I wouldn't say he's chomping at the bit yet. But I think we're almost at that corner of the turnaround. Again, timetables are difficult. But I think he seemed in good shape and in good spirits. I wouldn't say he's close. But he's getting there."

It's believed the Bruins are actively shopping the likes of Michael Ryder and Blake Wheeler, while Sturm's name has also pop up in trade rumors.
    In PC we trust

vCash
    Too hard to tell what is going on...it's still too early but we should know more in a few weeks
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    Thefourthperiod.com

Bruins forward Michael Ryder has heard all the trade rumors and speculation surrounding his name, but the 30-year-old knows he can't control a possible move.

With Marc Savard and Marco Sturm set to return to the Bruins roster next month, Boston GM Peter Chiarelli will be forced to make a trade or two to free up enough cap space to accommodate their salaries.

Ryder is in the final year of his current contract and has a cap hit of $4 million.

"It's Peter's decision," Ryder told the Boston Globe. "It's pretty much out of everybody's hands. It's what they want to do. For me, it's just trying to play. Whatever happens, happens."

The Bruins are believed to be actively shopping Ryder, Blake Wheeler, Andrew Ference and Sturm.

Until a move is completed, though, head coach Claude Julien won't factor any potential deal into his every day lineup.

"Right now, I don't think there's any need for me to talk about who and what," Julien told the newspaper. "It's a matter of [management] making some tough decisions along the way. But we're not there yet, either. We just talked about Marc Savard. He has to go through a lot of other things. I don't think Sturmy is anywhere closer than Marc. Maybe Marc is closer than Sturmy, to be honest with you."

Sturm?
    In PC we trust

vCash
    I highly doubt we move Ference. He just resigned over the summer.

Booba Fett is back baby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Booba1019 View Post
    I highly doubt we move Ference. He just resigned over the summer.
    So did Wheeler.

vCash
    I just hope this isn't another disappointing deadline where all of these rumors come out about how the Bruins are going to make all these big trades and then nothing happens. I don't mind if a trade doesn't occur, but I would rather news reports don't get everybody psyched up when nothing happens in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    I just hope this isn't another disappointing deadline where all of these rumors come out about how the Bruins are going to make all these big trades and then nothing happens. I don't mind if a trade doesn't occur, but I would rather news reports don't get everybody psyched up when nothing happens in the end.
    It has to happen, Boston cannot fit the guys in because of cap so they have no choice but to do something. Granted it might not be something sexy like a major trade but at the very least some one is getting demoted

and when Boston signed Ference they didn't have Seid, so with that trade/signing Ference has become expendable
    In PC we trust

vCash
    Ference signed March 23rd...

We gained Seids on March 3rd...We resigned Dennis in June.

So we had Seids...we just didn't have him resigned...but I think we knew we had a good chance at it.

Anyways, I can see Ryder and Wheeler on the trade block for obvious reasons. Ference is tradable at the deadline because he is a veteran who doesn't have a giant cap hit and does try his hardest on the ice.
    Sturm is on the market because someone has to go and he still is attractive. If he still has his speed and drive to the net, he is a valuable 3rd liner/PK guy...Sturm only gets traded if he prooves he is healthy and will drop his NTC...which I am not sure how full/partial it is

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    Ference signed March 23rd...

We gained Seids on March 3rd...We resigned Dennis in June.

So we had Seids...we just didn't have him resigned...but I think we knew we had a good chance at it.

Anyways, I can see Ryder and Wheeler on the trade block for obvious reasons. Ference is tradable at the deadline because he is a veteran who doesn't have a giant cap hit and does try his hardest on the ice.
    Sturm is on the market because someone has to go and he still is attractive. If he still has his speed and drive to the net, he is a valuable 3rd liner/PK guy...Sturm only gets traded if he prooves he is healthy and will drop his NTC...which I am not sure how full/partial it is
    Sorry about the Ference signing I thought it was earliers than that, should have checked sorry

But I guess they knew what they had with Ference while Seid was still a question mark.

About Strum after Markovs latest injury I don't think Sturm is going anywhere, teams won't take a chance
    In PC we trust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    The difference here is this isn't some major trade-deadline deal to bring in some help. This is mostly about clearing cap, which has to happen.

So, while some of the rumors will probably amount to nothing, a trade should be coming, since the Bruins need to so we can bring Savard and Sturm back.

The question will be what the return is on a trade. Can't bring in anyone with a high cap, unless there's some major deals going on, but that doesn't seem to be the initial idea of a trade. Most likely the Bruins end up with prospects and picks, though someone with a low cap may be acquired as well.

vCash
    i dont see the bruins making a major deal. hopefully shed some cap thought. if ryder and ference leave for picks/prospects and maybe a filler 3rd/4th liner i'm happy.
    I don't like hockey. I'm just good at it. - Brett Hull

vCash
    There is no way a huge trade gets made...just tweaks to get under the cap. I am so jacked up for this team when Savard gets back. I love me some Sturm and am his player-poster comparison, but 2 knee injuries at his age makes me worry.

Horton-Krejci-Horton....amazing chemistry..don't **** with it
    Wheeler-Savard-Seguin....Seguins speed on the wing with Savvys playmaking and creativity is deadly
    Caron-Bergeron-Recchi...just another very good well rounded line.

Booba Fett is back baby.

vCash
    ^ Horton can be in two places at once!?!?! No wonder he's been lighting it up! Just kidding Booba

vCash
    I doubt a major trade will happen...just some salary dumps and maybe some prospects in return and maybe a draft pick here and there...

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    i really hope we don't trade ference.. he contiues to be our most responsible stay at home defenseman this season.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast