Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvacad View Post
    I will always think of it as just The Forum, before they sold out to Great Western Bank. Gave you're age away, somewhere near 27. lol That was over half my life ago.
    Yep, 27. I didn't start watching until about the '91 or '92 season.

vCash
    Ponikarovsky will be back tomorrow!!! Wow that was quick, and he'll be back on the 3rd line with Handzus and Simmonds. That was a fun line to watch the way they all use their size.

vCash
    ^ I'm glad, that will help, I liked the way he was hitting and digging in the corners and capable of putting the puck in the net.

vCash
    Looks like they may get Willie Mitchell back next week, that will help the D.

vCash
    That was a hell of a game last night, congrats to Clifford on his first NHL goal. I was watching on NHL Center Ice and they cut off the game at the end, did anybody see if he was one of the 3 stars?

Yes, getting Mitchell back will be huge. I still say that we need a proven scorer to be added, we just don't have that punch that we need.

vCash
    Here are the 3 stars, they should of given him one just for the goal and the fight!

Three star selections
    1st: JONATHAN QUICK
    2nd: MIIKKA KIPRUSOFF
    3rd: ROB SCUDERI

And I agree, need a proven scorer.

vCash
    Hard to argue with Quick and Kiprusoff, they both stood on their heads. And I like when Scuderi gets attention because he does so many little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, but Clifford had such a great, energetic game. I guess if there was a 4th star, it would have been his.

vCash
    Looks like they are talking about Marco Sturm again. I'm not all that excited about Sturm, he is 32 and has scored 20 or more goal in 7 of his 13 seasons, but never 30. I was hoping for someone a little younger and bigger scorer.
    Last edited by rjvacad; 12-11-2010 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    Its a done deal, and we didn't give anything up. It was a cap move by Boston. I was along the same line of thinking as you at first, but I also thought the same about Ponikoravsky when we aquired him. I trust Dean Lombardi and he has been after Sturm for a little while now, so there's something that he sees so I am excited about this.

vCash
    A couple other notes on the Sturm trade...

1. He is in the final year of his contract so he wont hamstring us next year when we try to extend Doughty and Johnson.

2. This still leaves us with $6 million + for the rest of the year, enough to still pickup another player at the deadline.

I'm really starting to like this move.

vCash
    I just hope his knee is fixed. Good to know they still have money, should be able to pick up someone by the deadline, 3/2/2011.

vCash
    They deserved to lose against the Wild, what 1 of 8 or 9 power plays? They have been pitiful with the PP lately.

vCash
    They definitely didn't deserve to win, but it would have been a 2-0 final if not for the 2 giveaways by Quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    They definitely didn't deserve to win, but it would have been a 2-0 final if not for the 2 giveaways by Quick.
    Yep, Quick gave them two empty net goals.

vCash
    At least we got a point out of it. The standings are a little misleading because most of the teams ahead of them have played a couple more games. Or in the case of Chicago, 4 more games.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast