Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread

Not much activity in this forum, unfortunately, so I thought I'd make a thread for the season for people to talk about games, players, trade rumors, or whatever they wanna talk about.

I just wanna start with that game Thursday against the Lightning. That was probably the most exciting game I've watched all year, even better than the first game against Vancouver. Good for Willie Mitchell fighting Downie after he made a run at Doughty.

The power play is starting to worry me, but other than that this team is playing extremely well. GO KINGS!

vCash
    Do you think this team is playing so well, that they can't keep this level of play up?

I like the Kings, don't get me wrong, but I almost feel their overachieving.

vCash
    I don't think that is necessarily true.

IMO they are finally playing to their potential.

They will have some losses this year but I think think we may make history in 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderyear View Post
    Do you think this team is playing so well, that they can't keep this level of play up?

I like the Kings, don't get me wrong, but I almost feel their overachieving.
    I actually think this team is a very good team. Barring injury, I think the Kings are Stanley Cup contenders. They have a good mix of good young players and veterans (congrats on 1,000 Ryan Smyth) and I think they can keep this up especially if they add a big name at the deadline.

vCash
    yeah, the game against tampa was great
    battle of the two best teams lol
    and congrats to Captain Canada!

vCash
    Oh yeah, this is no fluke
    Kings are definitely a top team this year
    I'm guessing they win they win the Pacific as well..

vCash
    This is probably the best kings team I have seen since the days of the great one. Lots of depth at all positions, great goalies, scoring on every line, solid D. BTW, it's nice to see some kings fans in hear...during last years playoffs, it felt like it was me against every nucks fan known to mankind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Kings760 View Post
    This is probably the best kings team I have seen since the days of the great one. Lots of depth at all positions, great goalies, scoring on every line, solid D. BTW, it's nice to see some kings fans in hear...during last years playoffs, it felt like it was me against every nucks fan known to mankind.
    I will be here. I spend most of my time on the Dodgers forum, but I'm so excited about this team that I'm trying to come in here more and get conversations going. Sorry for leaving you hanging against those Canucks fans.

I agree with you that this is the best Kings team since the early to mid 90s. Ponikarovsky and Mitchell are out for a few weeks but, with the depth of this team, we'll be fine. We'll probably see either Moeller or Loktianov and Muzzin back in the lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Kings760 View Post
    Ever see the Triple Crown Line play? That was one powerful line. I became a Kings fan in 1972.

On January 13, 1979, then Kings Head Coach Bob Berry (who now serves as a pro scout with the Kings) formed the line together for the first time. Simmer was elevated to the top line on the seventh game of an eight-game road trip, and the trio would go on to re-write numerous record books, as Dionne averaged 119 points, Taylor averaged 88 points and Simmer averaged 77 during their run together. Also, when the line was initially formed, the line recorded at least one point in 56 consecutive games.

Another highlight for the Triple Crown Line came during the 1980-81 season. The Line dominated the NHL that year, recording 146 goals and 182 assists, and during the 1981 NHL All-Star Game at the Forum in Inglewood, the members of the Triple Crown Line were uncharacteristically introduced as a unit during pre-game festivities.
    Last edited by rjvacad; 12-03-2010 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    Well after three straight losses, the Kings win against a good Bruins team in Boston on the second of back to back games. Good sign for such a young team that we can bounce back like that. We need Mitchell and Ponikarovsky back soon.

vCash
    Finally we break the losing streak. Not that beating the Panthers is a huge win, but let's keep it going against Detroit.

vCash
    I remember seeing highlights of the triple crown line and of that all star game into. I wish I was alive to see it. The Allison, Palffy, Deadmarsh line was fun to watch but probably doesn't compare to that Triple Crown Line.

vCash
    I have Marcel Dionne jersey and got to have him sign it for me, was awesome, he is the Kings all time scorer. That was when they played in the Forum. I remember how much the Forum actually rocked when the crowd got going, it would give you chills.
    Last edited by rjvacad; 12-04-2010 at 11:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvacad View Post
    I have Marcel Dionne jersey and got to have him sign it for me, was awesome, he is the Kings all time scorer. That was when they played in the Forum. I remember how much the Forum actually rocked when the crowd got going, it would give you chills.
    I was there game 6 againts Calgary in '93 when we knocked them out of the playoffs. I believe the Kings won 9-6 and that place was ROCKING. I was only 10 years old, but I'll never forget the electricity in that place. I miss the Great Western Forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    I was there game 6 againts Calgary in '93 when we knocked them out of the playoffs. I believe the Kings won 9-6 and that place was ROCKING. I was only 10 years old, but I'll never forget the electricity in that place. I miss the Great Western Forum.
    I will always think of it as just The Forum, before they sold out to Great Western Bank. Gave you're age away, somewhere near 27. lol That was over half my life ago.
    Last edited by rjvacad; 12-04-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast