Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Now Simon Gagne!

Richards, now Gagne, things are starting to look like the Kings are going to have a really good team. They need to sign Drew and if Penner comes back with a good year, look out NHL.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|LAK|home
    Last edited by rjvacad; 07-05-2011 at 11:34 AM.

vCash
    If he can stay healthy, great signing! Nice offseason...

vCash
    Great signing, and we still have some cap room although some of that will go to Doughty. I think we can still add a piece or two but even if we don't this team looks really good.

vCash
    Like JD said, health is the key, if healthy, I like this team a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvacad View Post
    Like JD said, health is the key, if healthy, I like this team a lot.
    For sure, if healthy this team is gonna be scary to the rest of the league!

vCash
    If they were smart they would let Penner ride a hot streak and dump him for some prospects. I'm neither a fan or a hater of LA, but as a Flames fan watching Penner play for Edmonton, I highly doubt his competition level from game to game and I would hate to see him choke in the playoffs and become a liability to the Kings. Sell him on a high point and continue to build is my opinion.

Aside from that the Kings look to have a top 3 team in the west.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    If they were smart they would let Penner ride a hot streak and dump him for some prospects. I'm neither a fan or a hater of LA, but as a Flames fan watching Penner play for Edmonton, I highly doubt his competition level from game to game and I would hate to see him choke in the playoffs and become a liability to the Kings. Sell him on a high point and continue to build is my opinion.

Aside from that the Kings look to have a top 3 team in the west.
    The Kings have alot of prospects now, so I wouldn't trade him on a hot streak or not. They just need him to have one of those 30 goal years he has had in the past and the Kings will be fine, maybe even win the west and I expect them to move past the 1st round of the playoffs.

vCash
    I hope you're right :P I have a feeling that by year end the Kings fans will be cursing Penner's name lol. He simply doesn't try if he doesn't feel like it. LA did lose a couple prospects in the Richards trade, couldn't hurt to trade Penner. I'd take a lesser skilled player who doesn't take no for an answer over a guy like Penner who has the talent to put up 40 goals but just doesn't try hard. I'd categorize Penner almost as having the same mentality as Kotalik, Kovalev, and to some extent Rick Nash. He's not the kind of guy I want on my team when my team is making a push to contend in the playoffs.

vCash
    I cant wait to see this Kings team play..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    I hope you're right :P I have a feeling that by year end the Kings fans will be cursing Penner's name lol. He simply doesn't try if he doesn't feel like it. LA did lose a couple prospects in the Richards trade, couldn't hurt to trade Penner. I'd take a lesser skilled player who doesn't take no for an answer over a guy like Penner who has the talent to put up 40 goals but just doesn't try hard. I'd categorize Penner almost as having the same mentality as Kotalik, Kovalev, and to some extent Rick Nash. He's not the kind of guy I want on my team when my team is making a push to contend in the playoffs.
    You could be right, I never saw that much of Penner before coming to La, but I am hoping that Richards has a big leadership impact on the team and they all work hard every game. If he does and they do, this team is going to be good. As far as Nash goes, every time I saw him play I was impressed and would take him on my team.

vCash
    I still haven't seen all that much of Penner, but he kind of reminds me of Jason Allison. It's not that he isn't trying, it's just that he's so big and doesn't move very fast so he has the appearance of "dogging it."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    I still haven't seen all that much of Penner, but he kind of reminds me of Jason Allison. It's not that he isn't trying, it's just that he's so big and doesn't move very fast so he has the appearance of "dogging it."
    Thinking back on Allison, I agree with you.