Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Guess it wasn't racism after all...

Remember a couple years ago when Auburn hired Gene Chizik instead of Turner Gill and everybody said it was racist because Chizik's record at Iowa State was horrible while Turner Gill had a good record at Buffalo?

Well now Chizik has Auburn undefeated while Gill and Kansas are one of the worst BCS teams in the country. Just goes to show you some people play the racist card WAY too much and too early...

Thoughts on their coaching decision?

vCash
    Still think Chizik is not a very good coach. I'm very happy that he left and we now have our coach of the future. Take Gus Malzahn and Cam Newton away from that team and it has at least a couple of losses. Auburn's defense isn't very and that's supposed to be Chizik's speclialty. Though, it looks like Chizik was the right decision over Turner Gill.

vCash
    when a coach's wife's race is even a discussion, there's an issue. there was absolutely racial elements to that hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Remember a couple years ago when Auburn hired Gene Chizik instead of Turner Gill and everybody said it was racist because Chizik's record at Iowa State was horrible while Turner Gill had a good record at Buffalo?

Well now Chizik has Auburn undefeated while Gill and Kansas are one of the worst BCS teams in the country. Just goes to show you some people play the racist card WAY too much and too early...

Thoughts on their coaching decision?
    First off, that was a couple years ago. This is Gill's 1st year and he is stuck with a school that has very little football tradition over the last 40 years(1 major bowl appearance in that time) and is without question one of the top basketball programs in history. Auburn has no basketball tradition to speak of but has been a football power for most of their history. If Gill is given the opportunity to recruit his own players and develop them, Kansas will become competitive.

vCash
    I'm getting super irritated of racism in sports...especially football. "more black head coaches and referees" even when the players as a whole are like 95% black..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I'm getting super irritated of racism in sports...especially football. "more black head coaches and referees" even when the players as a whole are like 95% black..
    This percentage is so far off it's ridiculous! Even the NBA, which is a definite huge black majority, doesn't come close to 95%.

vCash
    I typed this in earlier but then it didn't save.

Simply put just because something worked out doesn't mean it wasn't racism at the start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    This percentage is so far off it's ridiculous! Even the NBA, which is a definite huge black majority, doesn't come close to 95%.
    dude, i was obviously exaggerating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I typed this in earlier but then it didn't save.

Simply put just because something worked out doesn't mean it wasn't racism at the start.
    College athletic directors can't afford to be racist, there's too much money involved.

If Auburn is so racist, explain how damn near their whole team is black...

Is it entirely possible that Chizik had an amazing defense his first go round in Auburn, but at Iowa State his team was severely outclassed by other Big-12 teams and that's why he failed.

Conversely, Gill made Buffalo good true, but not great, and he was playing teams in he MAC with comparable talent. Look at what he's doing in Chizik's exact situation, he's sucking.

And kansas was in ok to good shape from a talent and production standpoint when he took over. Now they blow.

I hope my team is never afraid to hire the better coach because he'll get labeled a racist

vCash
    Also for the record, chizik, despite his crap in Iowa State still has a better record than Gill.

Gill in fact had 1 winning season in Buffalo, out of 4, suggesting that year was the abberation and the losing was the norm.

i mean if Gill's resume was hands down better I'd say ok maybe, but it's arguably worse. I mean if u had a coach who had (and will have) 1 winning season in 5 you'd fire him right?

vCash
    Also for the record, chizik, despite his crap in Iowa State still has a better record than Gill.

Gill in fact had 1 winning season in Buffalo, out of 4, suggesting that year was the abberation and the losing was the norm.

i mean if Gill's resume was hands down better I'd say ok maybe, but it's arguably worse. I mean if u had a coach who had (and will have) 1 winning season in 5 you'd fire him right?

I think you aren't giving any recognition to just how bad Buffalo has been over the last 10 years. In the 3 or 4 years before Gill took over, their highest win total was 2, and this year they have 2. Under Gill they won 5 games twice and 8 games once. Clearly he raised the bar for one of the most inept programs in the nation while he was there.

vCash
    College athletic directors can't afford to be racist, there's too much money involved.

If Auburn is so racist, explain how damn near their whole team is black...

Is it entirely possible that Chizik had an amazing defense his first go round in Auburn, but at Iowa State his team was severely outclassed by other Big-12 teams and that's why he failed.

Conversely, Gill made Buffalo good true, but not great, and he was playing teams in he MAC with comparable talent. Look at what he's doing in Chizik's exact situation, he's sucking.

And kansas was in ok to good shape from a talent and production standpoint when he took over. Now they blow.

I hope my team is never afraid to hire the better coach because he'll get labeled a racist
    Paul Rhoads has pretty much that same exact "outclassed" team and is on the verge on taking Iowa State to back to back bowl games.
    Last edited by gocubs2118; 11-02-2010 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    I still dont think he's that good of a coach. Take Cam Newton off this team and Auburn is a middle of the road SEC team (See Florida)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    yea thats ok, but the minute i say we need more white players, i'm the racist
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    yea thats ok, but the minute i say we need more white players, i'm the racist
    Exactly. the second a white person says something to that extent, they are considered racist. Thats not right, but its just how it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast