Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 531
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hampton, Va.
    Posts
    5,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Forte22 View Post
    Tickets are ridiculously expensive.....My Bro and I (hes an Irish fan too) were thinking about going to the ND game at Michigan State last year, but we decided not to because we want to see our 1st ND game in South Bend...I dont think anything could beat that.
    seeing nd at sb is special. you need to be there to see the band go into the stadium and see the players make the walk to the stadium. great stuff.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    36,921
    vCash
    1500
    I am excited for tailgating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by Forte22 View Post
    Anyone been to an Irish game? I havent....yet.....though I am strongly considering it this year....



    Ive been to South Bend/ND a few times in August, and it is an AMAZING Campus....anyone ever tried Brunos? I Love that place
    Quote Originally Posted by Forte22 View Post
    Tickets are ridiculously expensive.....My Bro and I (hes an Irish fan too) were thinking about going to the ND game at Michigan State last year, but we decided not to because we want to see our 1st ND game in South Bend...I dont think anything could beat that.
    I went to my first game in 8th grade which was '93 and the Irish smoked Pitt. I've been to probably 15 total since and the details are pretty hazy but I'll always remember that first game. I remember they announced that FSU had beat Miami to stay undefeated and keep alive the 1 vs 2 showdown a few weeks later and the crowd just erupted.

    Prices have doubled in the last decade. My Dad still has a ticket hanging in his office from 2002 and the price is $43. Now it's $80 for regular games and $90 or something for SC and UM games. But personally I think it's not that bad of a price. Trying to get a Bears ticket in Chicago you'd be lucky to pay $100 - $120. You get to tailgate on Campus and the atmosphere is a lot cooler than most sporting events.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    18,171
    vCash
    653
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...otre-dame.html

    We are continuing our Preseason College Football Countdown, ranking every team at the Football Bowl Subdivision level from 120 down to 1.

    Matt Murschel compiled the rankings based on several factors including: returning letterwinners, returning starters, 2010 performance, coaching staff changes, strength of schedule and strength of the conference.

    Today at No. 16: Notre Dame



    Brian Kelly vows to shave head if Notre Dame wins a BCS bowl game.

    Coach: Brian Kelly (8-5, second season)

    2010 record: 8-5

    Look back: When Brian Kelly took over the Notre Dame program, he stressed that he was going to change the culture around the program. With only two 10-win seasons in the last decade, the Fighting Irish were lacking that swagger that they had held decades earlier. A rough1-4 start to the season didn’t help his cause with two of those losses by three points or less. Losses to Navy and Tulsa didn’t derail the team which finished with eight wins for the first time since 2006.

    Offensive starters lost/returning: 2/9

    Defensive starters lost/returning: 3/8

    Key losses: RB Armando Allen, RB Robert Hughes, TE Kyle Rudolph, NT Ian Williams

    Top returnees: QB Dayne Crist, RB Cierre Wood, WR Michael Floyd, LB Manti Te’O

    Strengths: Incumbent Dayne Crist was injured in Week 9 of the season against Tulsa and backup Tommy Rees filled in guiding the Irish to four straight wins to finish the season including a 33-17 victory over Miami in the Sun Bowl. A healthy Crist means there could be a quarterback controversy in South Bend. … Running back Cierre Wood led the team in rushing with 603 yards and his 5.1 yards per carry was the best by a running back since Julius Jones in 2003. … The defense saw so much improvement in 2010, giving up 20.2 points per game, the lowest number in over a decade. Linebacker Manti Te’O led the team in tackles last season with 133 including 8.5 for a loss. His presence in the middle will anchor the defense.

    Weaknesses: Michael Floyd spent most of the spring battling off-the-field issues stemming from a DUI. He was suspended from the team by Kelly and wasn’t allowed back on the team until this summer. His addition to the offense could be key to just how far ND goes this season. … The Irish lost CB Darrin Walls, LBs Kerry Neal and Brian Smith, as well as NT Ian Williams. The quartet combined for 171 total tackles, four sacks, and four INTs. Replacing that sort of output will be key for defensive coordinator Bob Diaco.

    Outlook: Notre Dame plays three of its first five games on the road to start the 2011 season with the Irish playing its first-ever night game at the Big House in Michigan as well as Pittsburgh and Purdue. Notre Dame plays three ACC opponents sandwiched by USC and Stanford, to finish out the season. With the return of the core of last year’s team as well as the incoming talent, Notre Dame could continue to see success under Brian Kelly this season.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    18,171
    vCash
    653
    Always good to see the Irish ranked even if it's only preseason.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Home of the LW Champ.. Toms River, NJ!
    Posts
    6,213
    vCash
    4200
    Yea ok, Robert Hughes is a key loss for us .

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Yea ok, Robert Hughes is a key loss for us .
    I guess the guy only watched the SC game last year.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Depth wise he def is. Leadership wise he def is. Overall not so much.

    Our biggest loss is by far Ian Williams. Kyle Rudolph was hurt quite a bit, and we have plenty of depth at TE. At NT we have big Nix who we aren't sure can play more then 15-20 snaps, and then some high upside but still not sure guys.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hampton, Va.
    Posts
    5,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Depth wise he def is. Leadership wise he def is. Overall not so much.

    Our biggest loss is by far Ian Williams. Kyle Rudolph was hurt quite a bit, and we have plenty of depth at TE. At NT we have big Nix who we aren't sure can play more then 15-20 snaps, and then some high upside but still not sure guys.
    agreed on hughes. as far as nix, i've been reading how players that graduated are very high on him. like you said though.....hopefully he trims up some and can handle more snaps cuz he's too talented to not be on the field.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    I always thought Hughes got a raw deal because of the horrible O-line situation ND had for the majority of his career. Every RB benefits from a sold line in front of him, but when you get no push up front you pretty much have to go with an Armando Allen type "scat" back to dance around and make people miss at the line of scrimmage. When you can get a block at the line a "bruiser" like Hughes can punish LB's and DB's for extra yardage down field as witnessed in the SC and Miami games.

    I'd be more worried about the loss of Ian Williams if the defense hadn't stepped up so big without him at the end of the season. Cwyner (sp?) and Haffis Williams are undersized, for the 3-4, but are athletic upperclassman that should be able to spell Nix especially in passing situations.

    What I really don't understand is why ND didn't bring in another NT in this years recruiting class? I remember checking rivals/scout for the top NT and ND hadn't even offered any of the top guys. Which is fine if they land a big time 5 star guy this year, but what if they don't? Then you'll have a 2 year gap at probably the most important position in the 3-4 defense.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Home of the LW Champ.. Toms River, NJ!
    Posts
    6,213
    vCash
    4200
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I always thought Hughes got a raw deal because of the horrible O-line situation ND had for the majority of his career. Every RB benefits from a sold line in front of him, but when you get no push up front you pretty much have to go with an Armando Allen type "scat" back to dance around and make people miss at the line of scrimmage. When you can get a block at the line a "bruiser" like Hughes can punish LB's and DB's for extra yardage down field as witnessed in the SC and Miami games.

    I'd be more worried about the loss of Ian Williams if the defense hadn't stepped up so big without him at the end of the season. Cwyner (sp?) and Haffis Williams are undersized, for the 3-4, but are athletic upperclassman that should be able to spell Nix especially in passing situations.

    What I really don't understand is why ND didn't bring in another NT in this years recruiting class? I remember checking rivals/scout for the top NT and ND hadn't even offered any of the top guys. Which is fine if they land a big time 5 star guy this year, but what if they don't? Then you'll have a 2 year gap at probably the most important position in the 3-4 defense.
    That's why they're recruiting Jarron Jones I believe.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    they wanted to space a redshirt nix, out from a 5 star recruit. While they didn't go hard after a NT last year it's because of nix and also the NT's weren't that good last year recruit wise. This year there's more top tier talent there and on the Oline.

    Jones i believe we are in the first position to grab. He's a good one, a bit raw though

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    Like I said my worry is that if you don't land Jarron Jones or a stud NT this year then that gap starts to get big if you can't develop anybody in between. It's not as crucial to say an SEC school who can go grab a 340 monster out of Juco if their recruits can't cut it. Also Nix could jump to the NFL after 2012 (hypothetically) and you would be real thin. I know I'm worrying too much but it just surprised me that ND didn't offer any of the top guys. There's never a lot of great 3-4 NT prospects out of HS but there were 5 or 6 guys IIRC that were 300+ and signed with other programs that run that defense.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,806
    vCash
    1500
    Hurry up football season!
    Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.






  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Home of the LW Champ.. Toms River, NJ!
    Posts
    6,213
    vCash
    4200
    IDK if he projects as our NT, but we picked up 4/5 star recruit Sheldon Day.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •