Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    vCash
    sometimes you need to be lucky. Notre Dame did not play well today.
    Notre Dame was down 20-6 to start the 4th quarter. after a TD the kicker missed the point after. ND scored another TD, and a 2 point conversion to tie the game. then even in OT Wood fumbled the ball in the end zone. all Pitt had to do was kick a field goal for the win, but they missed. ND was able to win in OT to go to 9-0.
    unbelievable.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Really awful and lucky win. They'll be moving back to 4 barring upsets. That said, a win is a win.

Also, I don't want to see Rees at all the rest of the season unless it's an injury or a huge lead.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post

Also, I don't want to see Rees at all the rest of the season unless it's an injury or a huge lead.
    I have to agree. there was no reason for Rees to even be in the game. Golson was moving the ball well, ND just wasn't able to capitalize with touchdowns.
    Golson is still improving and sometimes does make mistakes, but he can be so good at making something happen all by himself when nothing is there.

vCash

The Official Notre Dame Thread

I think Golson was rattled wasn't he? They said something on the radio. Like his helmet knocked off. Might have been testing him for another concussion.

vCash
    I wonder if there were more players who had the flu or felt ill besides Nix. The entire defense looked sluggish for most of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I think Golson was rattled wasn't he? They said something on the radio. Like his helmet knocked off. Might have been testing him for another concussion.
    I think he was the first series Rees took over. Then the next series Rees was still in and you could see ND players consoling Golson saying, "it's ok" and tapping him on the shoulder. Looked as if Golson wanted in and Kelly was rolling with Rees.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    there was a play in the 2nd quarter where Golson had his helmet come off. because of the new rule anytime a players helmet comes off he has to miss the next play. so at that point Golson had to come out for 1 play, but after hat was right back in there.
    then with under a minute to go in the 1st half Rees was in. I think Brian Kelly likes him better for these situations where they need a quick drive. he was able to move the ball for a field goal attempt, but then the kicker Brindza missed a 43 yard field goal attempt.
    but to start the 2nd half I don't think there was any reason to have Rees to be starting then.
    Golson can have interceptions just like Rees can, but Rees can not run where Golson himself can run well. not just running, but bying time scrambling. there was one play he was scrambling and then found DaVaris Daniels deep.

vCash

The Official Notre Dame Thread

Well I expected ND to move back to 4 in the BCS regardless of how they won. Oregon beating a ranked opponent was going to give them the pts needed to jump the Irish. ND just needs to keep winning and see what happens.

vCash
    if all 4 undefeated teams win out I can't see ND getting into the title game.
    the next 2 games for ND against BC and Wake Forest aren't going to help, and now even beating USC isn't going to be a big help.
    Alabama, Kansas State, and Oregon still play games where they could lose.

vCash
    This made me feel better:

Huge blowout victory in Ireland to start the season. Purdue is next, but attention really starts to turn to the next week's game in Spartan Stadium against the #10 team in the country. The Irish struggle with Purdue and need a last-minute drive to win by a FG.

Huge blowout victory in Chicago to get to 5-0. The hype train is really starting to roll now. The game of the season -- in Norman against OU -- is two weeks away. Everyone is talking about it. Very few are concerned with 4-4 BYU, who just got rolled at home by Oregon State. "Their offense sucks, it will be a shutout," was the general consensus. The Irish play their worst half of the season (to date) and need a dominating second-half performance to squeak by, 17-14.

The Irish go into Norman and -- against all prognostications -- physically beat up the Sooners. "11-0 heading into the Coliseum! Will we get into the BCSNCG????" dominates the post-game discussion. Everyone assumes we will destroy Pitt, BC and Wake. Well, we all saw what happened Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if all 4 undefeated teams win out I can't see ND getting into the title game.
    the next 2 games for ND against BC and Wake Forest aren't going to help, and now even beating USC isn't going to be a big help.
    Alabama, Kansas State, and Oregon still play games where they could lose.
    I agree. The only way they have a chance is with the human polls and i can't picture a scenerio where ND could move up without one of those teams losing.

vCash
    I can't see the top 3 losing, we actually need two of them to lose.

Alabama sched: Texas A&M (15), WCarolina (seriously?), Auburn
    Kansas St sched: @ TCU, @ Baylor, Texas (17)
    Oregon sched: @ Cal, Stanford (14), Oregon St (11)

Alabama has 3 home games, two of which are against cream-puffs - how did they get 8 home games this year? They will have to win the SEC championship game against Georgia (likely)
    Kansas St looks to finish undefeated
    Oregon has a tough road, but if they win, they will have the points to jump over KSU

It is possible for ND to have a shot at a title game, but the ball would have to bounce their way a lot...Alabama coming back against LSU, puts a hurtin' on the chances...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I can't see the top 3 losing, we actually need two of them to lose.

Alabama sched: Texas A&M (15), WCarolina (seriously?), Auburn
    Kansas St sched: @ TCU, @ Baylor, Texas (17)
    Oregon sched: @ Cal, Stanford (14), Oregon St (11)

Alabama has 3 home games, two of which are against cream-puffs - how did they get 8 home games this year? They will have to win the SEC championship game against Georgia (likely)
    Kansas St looks to finish undefeated
    Oregon has a tough road, but if they win, they will have the points to jump over KSU

It is possible for ND to have a shot at a title game, but the ball would have to bounce their way a lot...Alabama coming back against LSU, puts a hurtin' on the chances...
    i coudle asily see any one of those 3 teams lose:

Alabama: chance for a let down against texas a&m. texas a&m isn;'t awful and they are ina similair situation were after oklahoma. auburn is also a rivalry game and it would make their seaosn to beat bama. plus the SEC title game

KSU: Baylor can score normally, klein might not play against TCU and texas is still a tough matchup.

Oregon: oregon hasnt beaten anyone any good this year and have a tough strech of stanford, oregon state and the PAC 12 champ game. both those teams are going to be out for blood and oregons defense looked abysmal against USC.

I actually think its more likely they all lose than they all win out
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    ND needs Oregon or Alabama to lose plain and simple. I think there's a chance that ND could leap KSU in the rankings if they struggle at all but stay undefeated. Also if Texas loses to TCU it sort of makes that game less meaningful to voters before KSU plays them. ND will need to win the rest of their games convincingly also. No more triple OT thrillers with unranked opponents.

They need some help but it is possible.

vCash
    i really dont see oreogn making it undefeated. KSU and bama are a differnet story, but im really think roegon is going to dwon with back to back ranked big time rivals coming up. Oergon ahs cost stanford big time the last 2 years, so you know they want that game badly to return the favor and in state rivals are always tough games.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast