Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I'm thinking they'll be ranked, but they still have some issues on defense when they give up 565 yards to Air Force.
    i'd agree if we were comparing defenses cuz air force's defense couldn't match up. but their offense is very potent. and most of those yards came against the 2nd and 3rd string players after we went up 49-16.

i'm pretty darn happy becuz we got the W, but i don't think our defense is anything to be concerned about. just ask oklahoma how tough it is to defend the triple option.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    I don't really even care if they are ranked right now. If they beat SC then they'll be ranked. If they win out and beat Stanford they might have a shot at a BCS game. But they aren't playing for the national title so rankings are pretty meaningless right now as far as I'm concerned. In about a month they'll mean a lot more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I don't really even care if they are ranked right now. If they beat SC then they'll be ranked. If they win out and beat Stanford they might have a shot at a BCS game. But they aren't playing for the national title so rankings are pretty meaningless right now as far as I'm concerned. In about a month they'll mean a lot more.
    i agree wholeheartedly.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    UConn's NCAAW Basketball coach on Notre Dame. Honestly, I lost respect for the guy after reading this. The bold are his quotes. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...football-issue

NEW YORK -- UConn coach Geno Auriemma believes the Big East conference's realignment issues could have been solved years ago with one simple move -- Notre Dame's football team joining the league.

"They've been in our league 17 years, so how long are we going to date before we just decide this ain't working. And I'm not happy about it," Auriemma said at the conference's annual women's basketball media day Thursday. "That's not the opinion of the University of Connecticut, the Big East Conference. ... That's just Geno Auriemma's opinion."

The Irish, whose women's basketball team is picked first in the conference's preseason poll, have had all of their sports in the Big East with the exception of football, which has remained independent.

Last month, Syracuse and Pittsburgh announced they were leaving the Big East to join the Atlantic Coast Conference. Commissioner John Marinatto said the Big East is trying to become a 12-team football league, and reiterated Thursday that the two schools, which are contractually bound to the league for the next two seasons, will not be allowed out early.

"If Notre Dame had come in as a football and basketball school when they came in, we wouldn't have a problem. Miami wouldn't have left. Virginia Tech wouldn't have left. Boston College wouldn't have left. We probably wouldn't have any of these issues, would we?" Auriemma said.

The conference's plan to get to 12 members includes Navy, Air Force and Boise State as football-only members and Central Florida, Houston and SMU for all sports, though that has not been made public by the league.

The remaining football members are Connecticut, Cincinnati, South Florida, Louisville, West Virginia and Rutgers.

A Notre Dame spokesman declined to comment on Auriemma's remarks.

"We've got one school that holds the future of our league in the palm of their hand and they're not really that concerned about it," Auriemma said. "They're looking out for their best interest and I don't blame them. But join us in football and then look out for your best interest. I applaud that. Every school has a right to do that. I just don't like the way we've gone about it."

While the Big East was built on basketball, Auriemma knows that expansion and conference realignment has always been driven by football.

"It doesn't matter what we think because every decision being made is being made from a football standpoint," he said.

"But if you know, that you as a school, have the ability to put a whole bunch of schools at ease and have the Catholic mentality of, 'We're here to serve and help . . . " he said.

vCash
    He's not wrong. If we joined them, the dominoes wouldn't have fallen. I don't blame him for being upset.

vCash
    It's not ND's obligation though and it's a horrible move for ND football. Instead of crying about the Big East losing all its' members, why not attempt to keep the teams or try to get better teams. Or how about also blame all the realignment changes from these big teams. He's just using ND as a scapegoat imo. I realize the agreement is pretty nice for ND, but it's not like ND doesn't do anything for the Big East in the other sports.

vCash
    He never said it was ND's obligation and that he doesn't blame them for looking out for themselves. They are making the attempt to get better schools. You really just sound bitter because he's talking **** about something you love. That doesn't mean what he's saying is untrue.

vCash
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, I suppose.

vCash
    Good article on the PLETHORA of recruits visiting for tonight's game

http://www.irishsportsreport.com/app...BALL/111029989

Prior to Friday's news, 12 members of CBS Sports Network recruiting analyst Tom Lemming's top 100 were scheduled to make visits.

Three — defensive lineman Jarron Jones (13), defensive back Tee Shepard (35) and wide receiver Deontay Greenberry (74) — are already committed to ND. Two — defensive lineman Arik Armstead (32) and wide receiver Jordan Payton (81) — were committed to USC but have since rescinded those pledges. One — offensive tackle John Theus (6) — is committed to Georgia.

Six others — safety/running back Shaq Thompson (11), offensive tackle Zach Banner (12), running back Keith Marshall (24), offensive tackle Jordan Diamond (41), running back Byron Marshall (48) and outside linebacker Ifeadi Odenigbo (49) — are uncommitted. Plus #1 Gunner Kiel.

vCash
    Someone made a twitter following all the recruits tweets tonight as well.

http://twitter.com/#!/@Jake_Brown/usc-game-visitors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Good article on the PLETHORA of recruits visiting for tonight's game

http://www.irishsportsreport.com/app...BALL/111029989
    This could be a HUGE win for ND. On and off the field.

vCash
    Just about to get started. Hopefully these recruits get a good show today.

vCash
    Wow check out the new helmets! They look like real gold

vCash
    Well that is a crap start.

vCash
    TD Gray. Too bad Crist couldn't handle that snap.

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast