Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forte22 View Post
    I think Kelly has this team in the right direction, the USF game was simply a growing pain that this team is going through.
    i woldn't call it a growing pain. they flat out played like crap. the defense only allowed one offensive TD, that's it.

the offense shot itself in the foot in the red zone three times that lead to TO's.

i think some of the players were too busy reading the newspaper clippings and not coming into this game focused. the sad thing is, they dang near pulled it out.

i think usf is a good/solid team, but they didn't do anything (other than protect the football) to really win the game. ND did everything it could to lose it.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    i woldn't call it a growing pain. they flat out played like crap. the defense only allowed one offensive TD, that's it.

the offense shot itself in the foot in the red zone three times that lead to TO's.

i think some of the players were too busy reading the newspaper clippings and not coming into this game focused. the sad thing is, they dang near pulled it out.

i think usf is a good/solid team, but they didn't do anything (other than protect the football) to really win the game. ND did everything it could to lose it.
    True. I mean growing pain as in what you said, as in they are learning to stop reading the newspaper clippings and actually show up to play.
    Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.

vCash
    With the decent chances of Texas/OU going to the Pac-12, has anyone else read or heard the Irish potentially moving to the SEC? I've read a few articles 2 weeks ago with the notion of ND joining the SEC. Ideally, I want Notre Dame to stay independent. However, if it became a necessity for ND to join a conference, I'd be open to the idea of the SEC. I really don't think the Big Ten is anything special and I don't see them being THAT good. Notre Dame is Notre Dame, they could virtually go to any conference they wanted to. Or at least as how I see it. Might as well be the best conference if they have to join a conference. Maybe I'm just rambling here, but any thoughts?
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 09-07-2011 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    jerry, i'd agree with you if rees came in and laid an egg, but instead the offense looked more fluid with rees in there. crist just isn't making the proper reads and it's leading to problems in stalled drives or turnovers.

read the article below:

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2011/09/0...daynes-throws/

it gives a good/solid point of view on way crist had to be pulled.
    I actually already read that exact article. I just think is sucks pulling a kid after one half in the opener. Especially since the whole team was playing bad. But I have more issue with Crist not playing that second half than I do this week. I think now Kelly has to stick with Rees or they both are going to be second guessing every throw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    With the decent chances of Texas/OU going to the Pac-12, has anyone else read or heard the Irish potentially moving to the SEC? I've read a few articles 2 weeks ago with the notion of ND joining the SEC. Ideally, I want Notre Dame to stay independent. However, if it became a necessity for ND to join a conference, I'd be open to the idea of the SEC. I really don't think the Big Ten is anything special and I don't see them being THAT good. Notre Dame is Notre Dame, they could virtually go to any conference they wanted to. Or at least as how I see it. Might as well be the best conference if they have to join a conference. Maybe I'm just rambling here, but any thoughts?
    I was thinking today that it would be cool if Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma and USC started their own conference. Probably get BYU and then who knows? I haven't put enough time into this idea obviously.

vCash
    I would certainly prefer Notre Dame to stay independent. However, if they're handcuffed to join a conference, I'd prefer the one that would be the best conference, but more importantly, a conference that helps out the most with recruiting. Even with some of the additions, I still see the Big Ten as inferior to SEC and probably the Pac 12 now. I only bring up the Big Ten because they've tried repeatedly for Notre Dame to join and it makes the most sense geologically. I guess I pretty much repeated what I said earlier.

This would all be dependent on OU and Texas though. Interesting idea though, starting their own kind of super conference. Maybe something comparable to the Original Six in the NHL. Have these great universities with a long line of history. Would be tough to persuade the Alabamas and Michigan to leave their conferences. Would be sweet though.

vCash
    I heard a rumor today about ND and Texas going to the Big Ten? Who knows.

However, if they're handcuffed to join a conference, I'd prefer the one that would be the best conference, but more importantly, a conference that helps out the most with recruiting.
    My idea is to get teams all around the country. So you grab USC, Cal or UCLA if possible. Pitt, Rutgers, maybe S. Florida from the Big East. Maybe BC, Duke, UNC, Wake or Miami if you can get them from the ACC. I've heard that Arkansas isn't happy in the SEC. Then Missouri, Kansas, OK St, or pretty much anybody from the Big 12 because the conference won't exist anymore. So recruiting opens up nationwide and the TV contracts would be huge.

vCash
    Would we still be on NBC every week if we joined SEC or another conference??
    Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.

vCash
    ND defense was pathetic on that last drive. The play before the TD was just awful.

vCash
    Brian kelly and the irish defense should be ashamed of themselves. The irish shouldn't even bother having a team anymore. Another long year another losing season with it's student athletes!

F the irish and its horrible football team.

vCash
    I think I'm just going to be a fairweather ND fan now. I simply do not care enough to even care anymore. Wake me up when there is a relevant win, or relevant win streak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Same ******* **** different year. It amazes me how they are this consistently disappointing. I'm really at a loss of words.

vCash
    Disappointing loss for ND. Just a halfway decent effort defensively in the 4th quarter and they win with ease.

vCash
    Well first off anybody who didn't think ND was going to have QB issues this year is an idiot. Rees makes some nice plays and is fearless blah, blah, blah..... His first pick was bad, his second into a crowd of blue jerseys was awful and his phantom pass/fumble at the goal line was pathetic.

The defense, especially the db's, in the 2nd half was just a sad sight. Robinson is a great runner but to let him get 350+ yards on 11 completions, half of which were bad under thrown passes, is more pathetic than the offense.

Well I guess I'm going to watch the NFL now because CFB is obviously a waste of my time.

vCash
    I can't even speak right now. Another BCS hopeful season is gone. This team was arguably as talented as the 2005 team too. I see them for the first time in South Bend next week...and I hoped they'd be pushing the top 10 at that point. 0-2. 0 in ****ing 2. And the defense, who I had supreme confidence in, managed to let Robinson go 80 yards in 28 seconds. Unreal

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast