Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If it looks like Notre Dame’s defense is bigger than seasons past, it’s because it is. Consider that the projected starting 2011 defense, even with one less defensive lineman, is 205 pounds heavier than the 2006 defense. (Numbers courtesy of JRT)

2011 (3-4 alignment) 2006 (4-3 alignment)
    Louis Nix, 345 Trevor Laws, 283
    Ethan Johnson, 300 Derek Landri, 277
    Kapron Lewis-Moore, 295 Victor Abiamiri, 270
    Darius Fleming, 250 Chris Frome, 262
    Prince Shembo, 250 Joe Brockington, 220
    Manti Te’o 255 Maurice Crum, 220
    Carlo Calabrese, 245 Travis Thomas, 209
    Zeke Motta, 215 Chinedum Ndukwe 210
    Harrison Smith, 214 Tommy Zbikowski, 210
    Robert Blanton, 196 Ambrose Wooden, 193
    Gary Gray, 195 Mike Richardson, 188

Total: 2,755 lbs. Total: 2,550 lbs.

If you’re looking for a reason to believe that the Irish can play dominant defense, here it is. Three NFL sized defensive linemen? Check. Big, strong, physical linebackers? Yep. In the past, it was the front-seven of the Irish defense that didn’t physically stack up. Not anymore.
    http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notr...ruck-gold.html

This was always a thing when it came to Weis. The players graduating, going into the draft ALWAYS were too light or not strong enough. It's nice to see this. I was skeptical going into last season but now I'm excited.

vCash
    South Florida Bulls @ Notre Dame - 9/03
    Notre Dame @ Michigan -9/10
    Michigan State @ Notre Dame 9/17
    Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh 9/24
    Notre Dame @ Purdue 10/1
    Air Force @ Notre Dame 10/08
    USC @ Notre Dame 10/22
    Navy @ Notre Dame 10/29
    Notre Dame @ Wake Forest 11/5
    Maryland Terrapins @ Notre Dame11/12
    Boston College @ Notre Dame 11/19
    Notre Dame @ Stanford Cardinal 11/26

What's your prediction for the 2011 season?
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 07-19-2011 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    We have 5 home games next year?

vCash
    No, just an operator error. BC actually plays in South Bend.

I say 10-2. Honestly, it seems to be a fairly easy schedule.

South Florida Bulls @ Notre Dame - 9/03 W
    Notre Dame @ Michigan -9/10 W
    Michigan State @ Notre Dame 9/17 W
    Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh 9/24 W
    Notre Dame @ Purdue 10/1 W
    Air Force @ Notre Dame 10/08 W
    USC @ Notre Dame 10/22 W
    Navy @ Notre Dame 10/29. L
    Notre Dame @ Wake Forest 11/5 W
    Notre Dame @ Maryland Terrapins 11/12 W
    Boston College @ Notre Dame 11/19 W
    Notre Dame @ Stanford Cardinal 11/26 L

vCash
    I'm a ND fan first ( I like Ole Miss as well because I have some family ties to the school)....but I bleed gold & blue. I am really excited for this season, I like the direction Kelly is going in!

I honestly can see a 10-2/11-1 kind of year.

Who do you guys want to see at QB?
    I hope its Crist, he was starting to figure it out before he got hurt
    Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.

vCash
    If we get out of the Michigan MSU gauntlet we will be 11-1 or 12-0 if not we can easily drop down to 9-3

I do think we beat navy though

vCash
    It's not that I think Navy is the superior team, but their style of play does scare me on offense. Kelly did do very well recruiting on the DL though with some top prospects.

vCash
    Aaron Lynch will shut down all 3 options when he plays Navy.

vCash
    I don't believe I'm saying this but I'm worried about the offense. After a decade of worrying whether we would be able to stop anybody on defense; Purdue, Navy, Syracuse, you name it, it's now the least of my worries.

The schedule starts off tougher than most people realize. South Florida is no pushover they always win 8 or 9 games and will be running on adrenaline against ND. UM is never a given (last 2 years as example) but I think the defense improvement should be a big factor for ND in this years game. MSU should be interesting, hopefully the Irish play with a chip on their shoulder. So we will have to get good QB play right from the start. There isn't really going to be much of a tune up like most programs get. Crist has never really played to his potential and Rees' capabilities are limited. That is my worry.

vCash
    We're gonna beat USF by at least 3 scores.. cmon now.

vCash
    USF is mediocre but they always have some solid NFL talent on the roster (unlike some programs). 3 scores sure but if you're talking 3 TD's the offense will have to come out firing on all cylinders. I hope you're right though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I don't believe I'm saying this but I'm worried about the offense. After a decade of worrying whether we would be able to stop anybody on defense; Purdue, Navy, Syracuse, you name it, it's now the least of my worries.

The schedule starts off tougher than most people realize. South Florida is no pushover they always win 8 or 9 games and will be running on adrenaline against ND. UM is never a given (last 2 years as example) but I think the defense improvement should be a big factor for ND in this years game. MSU should be interesting, hopefully the Irish play with a chip on their shoulder. So we will have to get good QB play right from the start. There isn't really going to be much of a tune up like most programs get. Crist has never really played to his potential and Rees' capabilities are limited. That is my worry.
    I think Rees will do much better if he gets the nod. The spread offense doesn't necessarily require 50 yard bombs and considering he was a freshmen last year, I can only expect him to get better. That being said, I think it's Crist's spot to lose.

I do hope that we just completely destroy MSU after that BS ending last year. Michigan was a heartbreaker too, but at least it wasn't off of some ridiculous rule.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 07-19-2011 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    I'm excited to see what Cierre Wood will do in the run game. He had a great game in the Sun Bowl and I think that will spill over this season...I Love those cool, crisp fall Saturday afternoons having Tom Hammond blaring on my TV, Is it fall yet?

vCash
    The other reason I dont like Rees to much, is he looks like Rex Grossman Kinda....

vCash
    The offense is some worry, but the run game should be improved barring injury. Crist is a much better QB then Rees. Crist did throw for over 300 a couple times in a row. The defense is senior led. That's great news. Plus year 2 in the Kelly offense should be much improved. The reason the offense is a concern is because it was tamed so down because Rees couldn't do much. Now with Crist and packages for Golsen and Hendrix, I'm not to worried. Floyd is still there, TJ, we are stacked at defense, and the Oline is good.

USF remember is coached by Skip who will be supercharged coming to ND. USF isnt' a pushover at all.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast