Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rolling Stone reports that Urban Meyer may have covered up Aaron Hernandez incidents

In the new issue of Rolling Stone, contributing editor Paul Solotaroff delivers a detailed investigation into Aaron Hernandez's life, tracing his path from affable high school football star to deeply troubled NFL player to murder suspect. Solotaroff conducted interviews with family friends, high school teammates and NFL sources to help explain why the potential NFL great was ensnared by drugs, guns and a life of violence. Here are five revelations about Hernandez from "The Gangster in the Huddle":

Five Sports Stars Accused of Murder

Hernandez was a heavy user of angel dust, and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.

He surrounded himself with a cohort of gangsters, and cut himself off from his family and teammates.

Hernandez had so infuriated his head coach, Bill Belichick, with missed practices and thug-life stunts, that he was one misstep from being cut.

Both his parents, Dennis and Terri, had criminal records, as did much of his extended family.

Terri allegedly cheated on Dennis before his death with a violent drug dealer named Jeffrey Cummings, then married Cummings after Dennis died and moved him into the house she shared with Aaron.

In college his coach (then-University of Florida head coach Urban Meyer) may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.

Rolling Stone

For some reason, I'm not really all that stunned in hearing this. Also find it ironic that he supposedly got a Twitter within the past few hours lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Rolling Stone

For some reason, I'm not really all that stunned in hearing this. Also find it ironic that he supposedly got a Twitter within the past few hours lol.
    If true this is pretty bad news for Ohio State.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Wouldn't at all be surprised, obviously. These college coaches care about nothing but winning.

However, I'm gonna need to hear more than just a blurb on a list from Rolling Stone to really start talking about it.

vCash
    now thats how you build a championship college program!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    You can take this with a grain of salt since it's a Florida fan/blog, but I'm a big fan of Hutchins and at the very least it's worth a read. It's long, so I'm not gonna quote it, but as I said I was initially skeptical of some of this, and I still certainly think there is good reason to remain so.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/8/...rs-urban-meyer

vCash
    **** Rolling Stone