Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 2957 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 195724572857290729472955295629572958295929673007305734573957 ... LastLast
Results 44,341 to 44,355 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

^^^ We simply don't get enough posts for IGT's made for specific games. That is why we went with the weekly threads.

I feel like the weekly threads have been working out a lot better ever since we started that. I am terrible at making them, and mine are boring as hell, so if you want to pick up the next weekly thread and do it, let me know.

I am not positive but a win tonightwill put us in the 4th seed.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Flames@Blackhawks: 2/2/10 (Hawks go for 6 straight)

Calgary Flames @ Chicago Blackhawks

Date: March 2nd
    Time: 7:00 Central
    Place: United Center

Goals Leader: Sharp- 33 Assists Leader: Toews - 38 GAA:Crawford- 2.13

........................... ............................

Goals Leader: Iginla- 27 Assists Leader: Morrison- 34 GAA:Kiprusoff- 2.51

........................... ...........................

Full Preview:
    FLAMES (33-23-9) at BLACKHAWKS (34-23-6)

TV -- SNET-West (HD),CSN-CH (HD)

Last 10 -- Calgary 6-2-2; Chicago 7-1-2.

Season series -- Calgary has taken two of three meetings with the Hawks this season, including the most recent meeting between the two teams, a 3-1 win for the Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome on Feb. 7.

Big story -- As the West playoff race remains tight, two teams that have shot up the standings in recent weeks will face off in a game that could have enormous postseason implications.

Team Scope:

Flames -- The term "hot" seems redundant when a team called the Flames is involved, but few teams can match the blistering pace Calgary has set in the second half. The Flames looked to be out of the playoffs at midseason, but after replacing GM Darryl Sutter with Jay Feaster, Calgary has done nothing but win and shot up the standings dramatically, culminating in a 6-0 win at St. Louis on Tuesday night.

The victory, which has catapulted the Flames up to fifth in the West standings, was the third shutout in five starts for goalie Miikka Kiprusoff -- a run that includes the first ever shutout in an outdoor game at the 2011 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. Kiprusoff's recent stellar play proved pivotal for most of Tuesday, as the Flames nursed a 1-0 lead into the third period before blowing the game open. That breakout period came in large part thanks to Alex Tanguay, who had three points on the night, but several other Flames have contributed in Calgary of late. Olli Jokinen has 13 points in his last 11 games, Anton Babchuk has eight points in his last 10 and David Moss' power-play goal Tuesday gave him a goal in three straight outings.

Blackhawks -- One of the few teams as hot as the Flames is Chicago. After an inconsistent season that raised the possibility that the Hawks could miss out on a chance to defend their Cup, they've won five straight, lifting them from the outside of the top eight to a tie for sixth in the West. During the current winning streak Chicago has won three times on the road, including Monday night when the Hawks doubled up the Wild 4-2 at the Xcel Energy Center.

Captain and the reigning Conn Smythe winner Jonathan Toews, named as the NHL's First Star of the Month for February, has been leading the charge of an offense that also has gotten production from other big guns like Patrick Sharp, who has nine points in the last six games, and Marian Hossa, who has five points in his last four.

Who's hot -- Toews has 11 points in his current six-game point streak. ... Tanguay's big night in St. Louis Tuesday gave him a five-game point streak during which he has 8 points.

Injury report -- Calgary defenseman Adam Pardy (shoulder) and forwards Daymond Langkow (neck) and Raitis Ivanans (concussion) are on injured reserve. … The Blackhawks announced Monday that defenseman Jordan Hendry will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL. Chicago could also be without Fernando Pisani, who is listed as questionable and has been fighting a concussion recently.

Stat pack -- Could Calgary finally be on the verge of breaking its Chicago hex? After losing eight straight to the Hawks in the regular season and dropping a playoff series against Chicago in 2009, few teams struggled against a single opponent like the Flames did before the current campaign. If Calgary can pull off a victory against Chicago Wednesday, however, the Flames will win the season series against the Hawks, something they haven't done in eight years.

Puck drop -- Chicago should have a new face in its lineup Wednesday -- defenseman Chris Campoli, acquired from Ottawa to bulk up the blue line in Hendry's absence Monday, should be making his Hawks debut after getting his work visa.

"The one thing we all liked about Chris is that he's not just a rental player," GM Stan Bowman said after acquiring the 26-year-old on Monday. "He's a young guy. We have his rights beyond just this season. He fits in to the near term this season as well as next."
    Last edited by blams; 03-02-2011 at 01:25 PM.

We need game threads here and there. They're better.

I'll be in for the 3rd period BTW. Hopefully.

I think the Hawks win this one 3-2

I agree, the weekly ones haven't been bad at all. The activity around here is picking up a bit, so that is really good to see

^^^ Brandon, I moved your thread into here.

As I said before, we went with game by game threads earlier this year, and it bombed. We had no discussion going on and there were usually only a page of posts. The weekly thread has worked much better and has allowed ongoing conversation in between games.

No its cool. I'll just post game threads in here. It'll work out still. Although I will say I believe game thread activity will continue to increase as the postseason nears (bringing in the the bandwagoners)

Good for Niemi, good for the Sharks. I'm perfectly happy with Crawford and I think he's better than Niemi with a higher ceiling.
    GIFSoup

It's a Big Sexy block party!! Apparently Big Baby didn't get his invitation...

Pretty much the same, good for him
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Glad to see this isn't the case for now. They were looking like they didn't have a hot streak in them for a while there.

Games of Interest on March 2nd:
    Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks (Go Ducks)
    Minnesota Wild @ New York Islanders (Go Islanders)

Frolik! **** ya.

Congrats to Frolik, should be a HUGE confidence boost for him. Also Campoli is really sold, he just makes the right moves in his own zone. I like how whn he doesn't ave apassing lane he gets it out of the zone by chipping it out, he had 2 or 3 really good plays by doing that. If Campoli continues to play like he is doing and what he did in Ottawa this is a huge pick up for the Hawks

Johnny!! MVP MVP MVP!!!

This is looking ****ing good. 4-2 and its not even really that close.