20 South Carolina .2431
    21 Mississippi State .1959
    22 Miami (FL) .1799
    23 Virginia Tech .1367
    24 Nevada .0865
    25 Baylor .0403

Soon...

vCash
    I really think Oregon should be 1 and Auburn 2....at least for right now. Boise St is never gonna get in. Im gonna laugh IF Auburn loses and Boise thinks they have it on lock and TCU beats Utah and jumps them. Rule #1 PLAY DECENT TEAMS!!!

vCash
    Oregon can't seem to get any respect from the computers. As long as they are in the 1st or 2nd spot they are in good shape. Not sure if they control their own fate though.

vCash
    Don't worry about Auburn. I can't see how they go undefeated with games remaining against Ole Miss, Georgia, Alabama and either Florida or South Carolina. Especially with how they play with that defense allowing points and the offense revolving around Cam Newton. I can't imagine them beating Alabama who I honestly feel is better on both sides of the ball.

Whats gonna be interesting is if Alabama wins out how much they will jump up in the rankings since they have 3 or 4 ranked opponents left on the schedule. Especially if Auburn is #1 when they play each other at the end of the season. There was a guy on the radio today talking about how if Alabama wins out and has wins over ranked teams like Auburn, LSU and South Carolina/Florida they could possibly jump Boise State in the BCS rankings.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 10-24-2010 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    It's weird. I think the computers had Oregon at 7th or 8th last week. The computers don't take margin of victory into account though, if I am not mistaken...so that's one flaw in the computer system obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    I really think Oregon should be 1 and Auburn 2....at least for right now. Boise St is never gonna get in. Im gonna laugh IF Auburn loses and Boise thinks they have it on lock and TCU beats Utah and jumps them. Rule #1 PLAY DECENT TEAMS!!!
    Rule #2. Pull your head out. You apparently have no concept of the workings of college football. You have shown you don't know how scheduling works. You have demonstrated that you don't understand the requirements of conference play. You have also indicated that you have no insight as far as recent changes in conference re-alignment. This post above also indicates that you are unaware of the current rankings of other teams for the top 25. Even funnier, for the Colley computer rankings, if BSU played Nevada this weekend and TCU played Utah, BSU's win would earn more points toward the rankings than TCU would. By the way, Nevada is ranked again, and Hawaii (whom BSU plays in 2 weeks), is just on the outside of the top 25 and may also be ranked when BSU plays them. Wouldn't that be great if BSU beats 4 top 25 teams this season? We will all feel a lot better if they do so we can put them in the MNC game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    ZOMG JUGGERNAUTS!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    It's weird. I think the computers had Oregon at 7th or 8th last week. The computers don't take margin of victory into account though, if I am not mistaken...so that's one flaw in the computer system obviously.
    You are correct. That is one requirement for the computer determinations. they are not allowed to figure in margin of victory. This is a rule handed down to them by the BCS.
    ZOMG JUGGERNAUTS!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Don't worry about Auburn. I can't see how they go undefeated with games remaining against Ole Miss, Georgia, Alabama and either Florida or South Carolina. Especially with how they play with that defense allowing points and the offense revolving around Cam Newton. I can't imagine them beating Alabama who I honestly feel is better on both sides of the ball.

Whats gonna be interesting is if Alabama wins out how much they will jump up in the rankings since they have 3 or 4 ranked opponents left on the schedule. Especially if Auburn is #1 when they play each other at the end of the season. There was a guy on the radio today talking about how if Alabama wins out and has wins over ranked teams like Auburn, LSU and South Carolina/Florida they could possibly jump Boise State in the BCS rankings.
    If Alabama wins out, they should jump BSU. BSU really needs the perfect storm to end up in the NC game.
    ZOMG JUGGERNAUTS!!!!!!

vCash
    not really surprising. aubrun beating LSU was going to give them some major points, and it shows here
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    ya and what happens if utah beats tcu? they are undefeated too ya know

but obviously everybody will continue to focus on bsu and tcu and ignore utah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucsfan View Post
    ya and what happens if utah beats tcu? they are undefeated too ya know

but obviously everybody will continue to focus on bsu and tcu and ignore utah
    The thing is that if Utah wins, they might not be in the discussion because they might've started too low in the rankings, and also, TCU winning would mean a little more because the game is in Utah, and TCU beating Utah on the road would be a bigger win than any win Boise has this year (because of JMU and the fact that they played VT in a neutral location).

Soon...

vCash
    3 Boise State .8846
    4 TCU .8833
    With just .0013 points difference I can't see how Boise State stays ahead of TCU if they both go undefeated. Especially when TCU plays a top 10 ranked Utah team here in a couple weeks. I mean Auburn jumped from 4 to 1 with a win over unbeaten #6 LSU. Boise State has some of their better conference games ahead but none are ranked at this point. When you consider that Hawaii, Idaho, Fresno State and Nevada are those tough opponents and they all pretty much play each other from here out maybe at best one will be ranked and even then they won't be ranked after losing to Boise State.

vCash
    I agree that there is no way Auburn wins out. They are a one man team and if Newton has an off game, they are in huge trouble. Not to metion, their defense is suspect at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    With just .0013 points difference I can't see how Boise State stays ahead of TCU if they both go undefeated. Especially when TCU plays a top 10 ranked Utah team here in a couple weeks. I mean Auburn jumped from 4 to 1 with a win over unbeaten #6 LSU. Boise State has some of their better conference games ahead but none are ranked at this point. When you consider that Hawaii, Idaho, Fresno State and Nevada are those tough opponents and they all pretty much play each other from here out maybe at best one will be ranked and even then they won't be ranked after losing to Boise State.
    ^this

if TCU and BSU are both undefeated going into their last set of rankings, TCU needs to get the nod because of their SOS.

vCash
    since style points dont really matter anymore you have to put auburn at 1 over oregon. but MSU being behind Boise and TCU is asinine. neither of them have played one opponent that holds a candle to Michigan or Wisconsin, hell Illinois is better than any opponent either of them have faced.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast