Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Panthers face Tough Test as Stars come to Sunrise

Tonight, the Panthers will take on a red-hot Dallas Stars team. The Stars are 4-1 coming into this game and have beaten tough opponents in the Islanders, Red Wings, and Blues. They are coming off a loss to the Lightning on Tuesday. Through 5 games this season, the Stars offense has put 20 goals in the back of the net, so another solid outing will be needed by star netminder Tomas Vokoun. If the Panthers offense can click much like they did against the Lightning last Saturday, this should be a very entertaining offensive battle. The Panthers seem to have the edge on defence as they have looked very solid through 4 games, and Dmitry Kulikov is playing with more maturity than a 20 year old should. His near full season last year seemed to have given him the confidence of a veteren and will only continue to improve as the season goes along. This should be an interesting game but if the Cats can play to their potential they should leave the ice tonight with a third consecutive victory and one of the best starts through 5 games this team has had in a long time.

vCash
    Post anything game related here, it starts at 7:30 PM ET.

vCash
    Keaton Ellerby in the lineup tonight, I like to see the young guys getting the time

vCash
    Didn't really get to see much of the game tonight 'cause the Flyers were on, and I'm a Flyers fan first. At least they got a goal, I hope that means they didn't lay down quietly, if anyone got to really see it tell me how they looked

vCash
    The Panthers looked really good to start the game. Much like they did on Saturday night. They were keeping up with the Stars for much of the 1st period. When Dallas knocked one in with just 3 minutes to go in the period, it wasn't all that terrible. However, the 2nd goal with 30 seconds left in the 1st definitely brought the moral down. From that point on, they were sloppy on the breakout at times and they just didn't seem to have the same rhythm. Despite the sloppiness, they never really let up. Dallas is just too darn hot right now.

We could have easily scored 2-4 goals more if Lehtonen wasn't as hot as he was. We got robbed often! The persistence paid off with a few minutes to go in the game, but it was too little too late. I'm happy with their performance though. Yeah, there was some sloppy plays in the neutral zone, but I would be a bit flustered too being down 3-0 and 4-0!!

vCash
    Looked like the Panthers of old to me. Sloppy play, not giving 100% etc. We can definatly do better