Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Do0msday View Post
    1.) Joba was completely misused time-after-time and that's not Eilands fault.

2.) AJ still has the stuff, but in his case it's mental. You can't really blame Eiland for not being able to get through to AJ when I doubt even a shrink could.

3.) Javy couldn't handle the pressure in his first stint. Hell, Eiland wasn't even on the team at the time. Javy struggled under Mel Stottlemyre.

4.) Ian Kennedy was very young and the fans should look in the mirror if they want anyone to blame for what he did. He started out great, but he said ONE thing and the fans went freaking crazy after him (when he said he didn't think he did that bad). After that fans wanted his blood. Stupid, stupid fans. Kennedy only worked with Eiland for about 40 innings. That's way too small of a sample size. Besides, why should anyone complain when he was used to get Curtis Granderson?

5.) You're seriously going to complain about Wang? Every Yankee fan knows that Wang's downfall was that inter-league game vs. the Astros when he hurt his foot rounding the bases. Ever since then he wound up over compensating for his hurt foot, which lead to shoulder problems, which lead to them not keeping him. You can't blame Eiland for Wang getting hurt.

This is just a thread where people like to complain...
    How many threads do we have in this forum that no one complains?

Any pitching coach can impart the best training and advice, but at the end of the day, they're not the one who goes on the mound and pitches. Or, in the case of Wang, I doubt it's even Dave Eiland's responsibility to teach him how to properly run the base paths, or round the bases.

vCash
    Who's complaining? Dave Duncan is one of the top pitching coaches in baseball and is available if there is a team willing to pay top dollar for his services. The Yankees make it their business to sign the best players so why not the best coaches? Duncan can not only help AJ but maybe Joba as well and some of our relievers. If you guys are happy with Eiland that's fine with me, I just thought it would make an interesting debate.

As for Wang...His shoulder injury was the cause of going back and forth from the pen to the rotation and not being properly stretched out and nothing to do with him running the bases IMO. Simply put, the Yanks did not protect their investment and should have left him in the minor until he was 100% ready. Probably not Eiland fault entirely, but there is always a fall guy!

vCash
    Duncan isn't leaving TLR and he's pissed at us about Shelly. I would love a great pitching coach, i don't think Eiland is that good but i'm not sure there are any out there just to go get.

vCash
    You guys are ridiculous. Of course you sign this guy if you can. I doubt you can... but that is not the point.

He won't impact CC and Pettite. But he will probably have a huge impact on Hughes, AJ, Joba, Nova, and for future pitchers. He can save us a ton of money. Sign the scrubs of the world and make them pitch well.

He clearly has proven himself a number of times. He has dealt with guys with good stuff. What has Eiland done? CC is CC, he is not better than he ever was. AJ is worse. Andy is a vet. Hughe's secondary stuff is worse than I have ever seen it. His fastball is much better. Joba is now way worse than he ever was, etc.

vCash
    If Eiland is gone as mentioned in the other post, then maybe I wasn't that far off.

vCash
    Sorry guys...according to *****, Duncan reached a 2 year agreement with the Cards.

vCash
    Duncan will be the pitching coach of STL next season, so this thread has seemingly run it's course.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...7a4a78c22.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12