Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

ALCS Yankees V. Rangers the debate begin

My theory, since Lee will only pitch game 3 and 7 the Yankees need to win this in 6

we get 2 wins from C.C game 1 & 4 and hopefully get another two out of Andy (game 2) Hughes (game 3) or AJ (game 5)

But after watching Lee tonight I dont like our chances vs him in game 7, I would be happy with him vs. C.C on full rest or even with C.C on short rest but not sure about C.C on twice over short rest....i would not throw anyone else im just saying i wouldnt like our chances

vCash
    This is the one team I do not want to play.

vCash
    happy playing the Rangers

vCash
    I suspect the rotation will be as follows:

CC
    Hughes (better on road than home)

Pettite (who better to have going if we're down 0-2)
    AJ (unless we're 0-3, then CC)
    CC

Hughes
    Pettite (and anyone else needed)

I think we should at least split Texas. I'd like to take 2 of 3 at home, but with Lee in game 3, and AJ in game 4, that makes me a bit nervous. Figure game 5 is a lock for CC.

I do think the pivotal games here (if this is the rotation) will be the Hughes games. We can really use a 2-0 edge coming home, simply because things don't look favorable in games 3 and 4. Similarly, we need game 6, so we don't have to deal with game 5.

Now this is not to be defeatist. I do believe we can win the Lee games, even if we are unable to beat Lee himself. But I also recognize the odds of winning them are worse than otherwise.

One way or another this will be an interesting series.

vCash
    I bet we will beat Lee once in the series.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    I think the Yanks will go the same rotation they used in the ALDS, with the addition of Burnett as the #4.

CC/Pettitte/Hughes/AJ/CC, etc. I think the Yanks will bank on Pettitte going game 2 over Hughes. I know Hughes' stats at home aren't that great (and he's had success in Texas before), but I'd rather stick to what's been working. If CC and Andy step it up again and Hughes gets the nod game 3...I think that would be a ton of weight off of Hughes' shoulders which could help secure a win (which would then help AJ out).

We shouldn't count our chickens though. The Rangers are a great team and they did that while not even having all of their offense clicking. If Hamilton can get his swing fixed it's just another weapon we'll have to face. Anything can happen, but facing Lee in game 3 as opposed to game 1 is a LOT better for us...especially since he really hasn't pitched on short rest. We may only see him 1 time, 2 at the most. That's a lot better than him going game 1, 3, and 7, even if the latter is a few innings of relief work.
    ^This is a REAL Nets fan^

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime."

- Babe Ruth

vCash
    We don't lose to Texas people. It just doesn't happen and it won't happen.

If Cliff Lee was pitching games 1 and 4 I'd be worried but he's not. His impact on this series can be tiny if we take care of business. Hamilton looks hurt to me, and I don't mean sore and coming off an injury but looks like he's re-injured himself. We went up against Vlad last year and he wasn't much of a factor.

Maybe I'm over confident and borderline cocky but I don't really fear those guys. I trust our core and I trust Mo to get this thing done in 5-6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nr19 View Post

If Cliff Lee was pitching games 1 and 4 I'd be worried but he's not. His impact on this series can be tiny if we take care of business. Hamilton looks hurt to me, and I don't mean sore and coming off an injury but looks like he's re-injured himself. We went up against Vlad last year and he wasn't much of a factor.

Maybe I'm over confident and borderline cocky but I don't really fear those guys. I trust our core and I trust Mo to get this thing done in 5-6.
    And the Rangers don't win playoff series. The Red Sox cant come back from an 0-3 deficit. Don't ever say something cant happen because that's when we'll be watching the Rangers vs Phillies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    I bet we will beat Lee once in the series.
    Then the Yankees bats better pickup. And fast!!!

vCash
    i am going to be realistic and give Lee the benefit of the doubt and say Yanks in 5, but if Hughes or Pettite(whoever is pitching game 3) go pound for pound with him, we can get to Texas' bullpen. (Lets not forget, it was in Texas where Hughes pitched his almost no-hitter in 07 before he pulled his hammy. so i say pitch him in game 2)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
    Then the Yankees bats better pickup. And fast!!!
    what the hell are you talking about? Our hitters demolished the Minny pitching!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nr19 View Post

There is a fine line between confident and just being stupid and you are jumping all over it.

Cliff Lee will pitch games 3 and 7. You don't think that's significant? What if CC and Andy lose game 1 and 2? Then what? You are going to face Cliff Lee and could very well go down 0-3. What if they go to game 7? Are you still happy that Lee didn't pitch games 1 and 4?

Hamilton doesn't look the same, but Nelson Cruz, Michael Young, Ian Kinsler and Vladdy bring MORE than enough firepower in their bats.

Going up against Vladd last year has NOTHING to do with this year. If you want to look at it that way, then Cliff Lee should have sucked against the Rays because the Rays were able to hit him all season long. How can you say that Vladd last year not doing well against us has anything to do with this year?

You can find the bad in every team. The Yankees? Tex needs cortisone shots to play, CC looked bad in his only start, Arod hasn't done anything, and the Rangers own the head-to-head record this year, with a 4-1 record in Texas.

Also, don't underestimate Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson. Wilson was dominant against Tampa, and I know we lit him up all season, but again that means nothing now.

A healthy Pettite and Hughes and match Lewis and Wilson in the post-season, but their bullpen is lights out. Sure we have Mo, but their bridge to Feliz is much better than ours.

vCash
    I know the Yankees aren't loved here in Texas, and for the most part I will stay out of the back and forth banter. Just came to say hope we see a hell of a series, and think we will.

vCash
    Its gonna be a 4 man rotation, CC probably on pitches games 1 and 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    I know the Yankees aren't loved here in Texas, and for the most part I will stay out of the back and forth banter. Just came to say hope we see a hell of a series, and think we will.
    The Yankees aren't loved anywhere by NY. But what can you say? Everybody loves to hate the best team.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast