Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What was the most important game in your favorite mlb team's history?

Saw a similar thread in the NBA forum and it brought out some interesting facts and links so I thought I'd get it started here too.

For me... I'd have to say it is one of two games... I can't quite decide.

Either Game 6 of the 1992 NLCS... where Sid Bream slides safely against the Pirates... See it here

---or---

Game 6 of the 1995 World Series... Braves win... See it here

vCash
    ^
    I guess for every single person it would have to be the game where their team won the world series right? Whats more important than that?

Now some teams are kinda screwed for history, like i would have been if it wasnt for 2010.
    Last edited by KingPosey; 06-26-2011 at 01:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    ^
    I guess for every single person it would have to be the game where there team won the world series right? Whats more important than that?

Now some teams are kinda screwed for history, like i would have been if it wasnt for 2010.
    I don't know, I guess the WS win in 95 for the Braves validated all those NL East titles. But, at the same time, that big win in the 1992 NLCS put them on the map... after having sucked for so long, the Braves were finally becoming a force to contend with and all the "America's Team" talk on TBS didn't sound so lame while they sat in last place, season after season. That game gave people a reason to watch them other than just loyalty.... and so the braves franchise made a little more dough and could afford a little higher payroll. and the WS and 14 NL East titles ensued.

vCash
    as a 19 year old brewers fan, i wasn't around when they made it to the world series in 1982. but in 2008 when the brew crew made the playoffs and that last week where braun had a bunch of game winners was just awesome
    [CENTER]
    AARON RODGERS

*Super Bowl XLV Champion
    *Super Bowl XLV MVP
    *2011 NFL MVP

vCash
    I'd have to place my vote on the last game of the season against the Padres. I've always had this sinking feeling that if we didn't win that game, they would have steam rolled over us on the one game play off.

But...I'd like to go back a few months before that. It was Daren Ford's first game. He stole two bases and scored on a wild pitch which won us the game, 1-0. Although it doesn't seem important, it made the difference when the season ended

vCash
    Kirk Gibson

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    95 when we played the Yankees in the playoffs.

vCash
    ^
    I guess for every single person it would have to be the game where there team won the world series right? Whats more important than that?

Unless you're a Cubs fan...

I'd say for me its probably Game 6 in the 2003 NLCS. At least in my history of watching the team.

As far as favorite game goes its probably Wood vs. Clemens in '03, or the comeback against Milwaukee in '08.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    For me it was game 4 of the 2004 ALCS, but maybe game 7 of the 2003 ALCS was more important because in my eyes it was the final straw before we broke "the curse."
    "You don't choose to be a Liverpool fan. You get chosen."
    Kenny Dalglish

vCash
    It's a 3 way tie for me.

Robbie Alomar hitting the homer off ECK in the '92 ALCS. Which Jay fan Doesnt Remember that.

World Series Game #6 in '92.

and of course...

JOLTIN JOE CARTER GAME 6 in '93!

Boy do I miss those days.
    Chris Spielman #54

If at 1st you don't suceed
    give up you're a born loser!

vCash
    Here are the 2 biggest (Phillies fan):

The biggest is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p5h6...eature=related

And Number 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1Ij...eature=related

and here is one the great human beings and men in sports history:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfz9l2a4L88
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpJisfYNKA
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    White Sox---

Since it was win or no playoffs, I'd have to say Game 163 vs the Twins in 2008.

The playoff run in 2005 was 11-1, so no individual game turned out to be as important.

Although Game 2 of the 2005 ALCS may have been since the Sox would have gone down 0-2 at home.

Hmmm...close call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Add the '93 team in there clinching against the Braves and you and I can agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    ^

I don't agree with you on the bolded. Your Giants have one of the most famous sound bytes in baseball history (ok they weren't in San Fran at the time but still)...you know "The Giants win the pennant, The Giants win the pennat" sound byte.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaustinSali08 View Post
    For me it was game 4 of the 2004 ALCS, but maybe game 7 of the 2003 ALCS was more important because in my eyes it was the final straw before we broke "the curse."
    I'm with you here on game 4 of the 2004 ALCS.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast