anyone else picking this up? i think it looks really solid.
anyone else picking this up? i think it looks really solid.
Yes. I am renting it from Gamefly. It does look really good. Co-op vastly improved then that of Fable II and just overall a better more robust Fable game then Fable II was. I was actually disappointed in Fable II but this game looks promising.
I'll try to post some of the videos/articles I have been keeping tabs of. But it does look like a good game to me.
EDIT: Basically some key notes on Fable III features or improvements from Fable II.
The Links will take you to video clips showcasing off the different features.
- Free-er Co-op: I was really looking forward to the Co-op in Fable II but when I played it I quickly knew I didn't like it. Fable III's Co-op is changed for the better. No longer are you tethered together or sharing one screen when playing Co-op. In Fable III you can go anywhere as long as you stay in the same area or zone. (like Borderlands for example)
- Co-op Character: The other major problem with Fable II co-op was when you joined someone to play co-op you had to choose from a preset henchmen. So you really weren't you or your character but rather a default looking character to lend a helping hand. In Fable III you will use your own character in Co-op. Use your equipment and even have your dog. You can even marry each other. (Man and Woman, Woman and Woman, Man and Man/Same-sex marriage will be allowed in Fable III). If players married someone from the Xbox Live friends list, then the two characters could have children together even. And you can adopt as well. And there’s social diseases. Those who are not interested in love can opt to have more business-like relationships with other players such as a business partnership. Co-op Relationships
- No Menus: Citing the distaste of lists, the game lacks any semblance of a traditional 2D menu. Upon hitting the start button the player is transported to The Sanctuary. The Sanctuary is inhabited by the player character's personal butler, Jasper, who makes in-game suggestions and advice. Changing clothes is now accomplished by using a changing room that features all of the wardrobe possibilities. Items such as weapons are also in wardrobe rooms. Magic is now cast by gauntlets kept in the Sanctuary instead of changing them through the HUD, and shops contain their inventories on the shelves instead of in purchase screens. This is also where you can view the new 3D Map.
A second video clip showcasing The Sanctuary.
- The Map: Fable III has a new 3D Map system. I'll let the video explain all the benefits of the new map system; like Fast Travel.
- Combat System: The one button system returns but is more fluid when changing between weapons, Melee/Ranged/Magic. Combining Attacks works better then ever before. You can combine Spells. During the course of battle there will be more cinematic moments with slow motion attacks and Finishing Moves. Flourish is back as well. You can see most of what I just mentioned in action in this Combat Video and in this Combat Demo.
- Weapons: Weapons change and morph to reflect what kind of player you are. Evil or Good. Depending on the skill level and experience, the player's melee and ranged weapons will change with use, as well as the player's magic-casting gauntlets. The example is if a players slaughters innocents and civilians the weapon will darken and drip blood, but will glow if used against evil. The blade will also lengthen and widen if the player uses advanced attacks and defensive blocks. You can change your weapon and start over with a new weapon by placing your weapon in your Sanctuary. You can save and pick and choose which one you want to use at any time. Peter Molyneux on the Weapons in Fable III
- Touch and other Expressions: Throughout the story you use the Expression Touch system that is similar to the previous games but better. Treat someone nice, threaten them, fart in their face it's all there but there is a new feature called Dynamic Touch. Molyneux gave some examples of this new feature like if a child is trapped in a burning building. The player can go into the house and comfort the child with Expression Touch before using Dynamic Touch to carry the child to safety. Another example is being able to use Expression Touch to talk and flirt with a character, then using Dynamic Touch to shake their hand, then embrace, and then leading to intimacy. Players will be able to use Dynamic and Expression Touch on another player in co-op even. Giving them the ability to marry and have or adopt children. Expressions System Demo - Stop video at 4:00 mark
- Story Campaign: The first half of the singleplayer story is getting enough followers to overthrow the tyrant king, who is actually your older brother, then once you complete that task you become the king yourself and the second half of the story is what you choose to do as king. The player will have complete power over the game's world when he/she becomes king or queen. Citizens of Albion can be punished for doing things good or bad, and can be dealt with in any way the player chooses. For example citizens who don't pay their taxes can be dealt with by being thrown into a dungeon or being slaughtered by an army dispatched by the player. How do you rule the world? Do you choose to go to War? Another country named Aurora will threaten Albion. How do you handle crime, poverty, and taxation? How you treat the world and citizens will change the world around you. Fable III introduces location-morphing. If the player taxes a region heavily, the people will become visibly poorer, their buildings will start to fall into disrepair and the player will encounter hostility from them if he passes through the area. Albion will grow to reflect the player's decisions or lack thereof.
- More Cinematic Cutscenes: Throughout the story there will be more cinematic scenes before or after key moments or just before a fight drawing you into the action and just making the game more entertaining.
- Player Orbs: Your friends player orbs can still be seen but I think even in towns now. So if you have a friend online playing in single player and your in the same area he is in, you'll each see eachothers player orb floating around.
- Import Saved Game from Fable II: And the game world will have subtle changes based on your game save.
Last edited by WIPurplePride; 10-22-2010 at 04:39 AM.
I saw a few ads for it and it looks fun.
Yup, one of my fav series on the Xbox. The one thing I hope they do is make the game run smoother and less glitchy than 2.
PS3 PSN ID= newdude
Looks really fun, although I never played Fable 2. Might pick that one up soon, but do I need to play the original Fable to understand 2?
Philadelphia PhilliesPhiladelphia EaglesPhiladelphia SixersPhiladelphia Flyers
Last edited by WIPurplePride; 10-22-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Yeah I'll be getting this. I loved the first 2, wish they'd make the storylines longer though (beat the 2nd one in 4 days).
Portland Trail Blazers | New Orleans Saints
Updated my first post with the notes of improvements and features in Fable III
Last edited by WIPurplePride; 10-22-2010 at 04:32 AM.
never played, you think I need to play the first 2 to get it, if so probably not worth it to me.
Commercial looks cool
Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all
The story is basically all new. If you played the first two you'll see some things that you'll recognise tie ins and such but if you didn't play them you don't have to to understand whats going on because it's all new story pretty much.
Last edited by WIPurplePride; 10-22-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Can't wait for this. I loved playing Fable II. I just hope it isn't as buggy as the second one was
Playing Fable is probably the only nerdy thing I do besides posting on an online message board I loved the first two, hope the gameplay is longer in this one though, I'll definitely buy it.
Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011
I love Fable and am absolutely pumped about this one over any other game this year.
The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone
I played the 2nd one not too long ago, I thought it was ok. The biggest complaint that I had was how it felt too easy. However, I may pick this one up in the future.