Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vince Young vs Tim Tebow?

I heard on ESPN them talking about Vince Young and Tim Tebow and who is the better college player.

Regardless of your thoughts on them as a person, who do you think was a better college QB?

Tebow pretty easily, IMO. More passing yards, touchdowns, fewer interceptions, higher passer rating, and more rushing TD's. As well as a Heisman and two national titles.

Give me Vince Young. It's close, but I feel like Young could do it on his own moreso than Tebow.

In the pros, give me Tebow because he is more likely to listen.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Its hard to compare the two because Tebow had much better offensive players around him ( A. Hernandez, P. Harvin), while Vince Young seemed to be a one man wrecking crew in his last year at Texas.

Basing this solely on individual performance's I want to say Tebow since he was a TD machine, but I have to give the nod to Vince for his insane National Championship Performance.

If we are talking whole college careers its a no-brainer Tebow wins every time over Vince.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

Tim Tebow imo.

One thing to consider is Tebow played in the SEC while Young played in the Big 12. Tebow easily faced tougher competition over his career and still was able to have a better college career.

Should've added a poll
    Sorry, we're at capacity.

^Yeah I know I thought of that after I posted it :/

Easily Tim Tebow IMO.

Marcus Mariota

Tebow easily. He accomplished more against tougher opposition.

I hate everything about the Gators but it's Tim Tebow easily. Tebow is one of the greatest CFB players.
    DUKE.

I say Tebow because I'm a homer.

Sucks he never won another championship. If he did, it would have been a slam dunk IMO.
    this my sig

timmy jesus
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

I might be the one guy taking Vince (as a college player).

Remember that Young only played 3 years in college when comparing (and only was on the field for 2 seasons). I think if I'm running the spread and I get to pick between the two I take Young. His passing stats his Junior year are comparable to any single season of Tebow's and his rushing stats are arguably better. I just think Young is a more dangerous player.

As pro's the jury is still out on Tebow, while Young has shown flashes of potential it doesn't seem like he's going to have much of a career. If Tebow can get behind a great o-line w/ a solid running game then I think he could succeed. But he's never going to be a guy to throw the ball 40 times a game like some of the top QB's.

Gotta go with the seasoned Tim Tebow for this one.
    Vernon Butler-Javon Hargrave Crew Members: Raidaz4life, LA Bums

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I might be the one guy taking Vince (as a college player).

Remember that Young only played 3 years in college when comparing (and only was on the field for 2 seasons). I think if I'm running the spread and I get to pick between the two I take Young. His passing stats his Junior year are comparable to any single season of Tebow's and his rushing stats are arguably better. I just think Young is a more dangerous player.

As pro's the jury is still out on Tebow, while Young has shown flashes of potential it doesn't seem like he's going to have much of a career. If Tebow can get behind a great o-line w/ a solid running game then I think he could succeed. But he's never going to be a guy to throw the ball 40 times a game like some of the top QB's.
    I would take Vince as well.

Neither one is a prolific passer so the ability to run the ball is important. I think VY is a bigger homerun threat on the ground. VY was a career 6.8 YpC rusher. Tebow was a career 4.3 YpC rusher.

Tebow:
    GP QB RAT Comp% Yds TD INT RSH YDS TD
    55 176.0 67.1 9286 88 15 2947 57
    Davey O'Brien Award: 2007
    Heisman Memorial Trophy: 2007
    Maxwell Award: 2007, 2008
    Campbell Trophy: 2009

Young:
    153.8 63.2 4,191 32 17 1,991 23
    Davey O'Brien Award: 2005
    Maxwell Award: 2005

Tebow was consistently a better passer (higher rating, more proficient, and a much better td/int ratio).
    Young's rushing average was better mostly because Tebow was Florida's short yardage back.

The Verdict: Tebow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast