Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

5 55.56%
  • Seattle Seahawks

4 44.44%
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week #6: Dallas Cowboys (4-1) at Seattle Seahawks (3-1)

WEEK 5

October 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM EST

Dallas Cowboys

at

Seattle Seahawks

vCash
    Well we've had it rolling for a month now. Can we keep it going? I'm not sure. I do like our chances here though. The way our offense runs the football and keeps our defense off of the field as much as possible, I feel like we can hang with any team. I actually like the 'Boys in this matchup more than I liked their matchup against the Saints because the 'Hawks don't have the same offensive firepower as the Saints do.

PREDICTION: Cowboys, 24-21.

Cowboys roll to 5-1 behind another 100 yard game from Murray (even against this stellar D) and a big game from Romo with over 300 yards again. We will need a monster game from Dez, and I think he can deliver against Sherman. He ain't no sorry receiver like Crabtree!

vCash
    i could see the defense struggling in this game. Havnt hear anything about carter or mcclain playing or not. ill wait till then for a prediction

vCash
    Jerry mentioned in radio talk show that McClain has vastly healed since Sunday and is more closer to playing Sunday tan Carter is.

We need to keep Wilson contained and maintain the edges. We need to hit him every chance we get, especially when they try to run the option.

I believe our guys will be ready and our Oline will push their line and get to the second level. If they can do that and put hats on LBers as well. We will have a good day on the ground.

In passing keep things at a fast pace with hitting flats and crossing routes. I'd also look at how Washington attacked with a quick pace. It forces their guys to stay on the field, especially the Dline.

vCash
    As long as Dwayne doesn't fumble the opening kick-off we'll be off to a better start than 2012's game.

vCash
    This is the biggest test of the season by far. Not only are the Hawks the defending Super Bowl Champions, but they are clearly playing as favorites to at least represent the NFC in the big ship this year as well. Even with a 4-1 start, our Cowboys are still trying to prove themselves as legitimate playoff contenders.

Realistically, u have to consider us heavy underdogs in this one. The Hawks have been pretty good for a few seasons now, and are getting better and better as their QB gets better and better. Overall, there is no weakness in this team we're playing this weekend. They are solid all across the board. From coaching and playcalling, down to the 53rd man on the roster and performance on the field, u gotta give credit where it's due.

But in the words of the great Herm Edwards ... "You play to win the game! That's why u play the game!" ..this is any given Sunday in real life fellas, and this game has potential to show the nation just how serious the Cowboys are.

Now, my hopes, if Dallas can go toe to toe with this team, win lose or draw ... And match they're physicality, they're aggression, and they're big plays ..that will be enough to show me, that we have the ability and talent, to win the Super Bowl ... Which I truly believe in my heart we do..but they have to prove it on the field. If they get physically beat up like they did the last time we faced ..we still have a little ways to go before we start thinkin bout any jewelry.

I believe we will win this game, because that's how my "Epic Homer" heart works. I believe we will win everytime they step on the field no matter who they playin. Trust me, even in the Quincy Carter or Dave Campo days ... I always feel like Dallas will win. That'll never change. Now will I be surprised or shock if we lose, or get blasted? No. Cuz I also realize, as it stands today, the Hawks are supposed to win. They are, as of right now, the "better team".

And I can sit here and throw out all these "ifs" to make a case for us to come out victorious. "If Demarco does this and the offensive line does that ... If Tony does this and Dez does that ... If the defense does this and the special teams does that" ...of course "if" Dallas brings they're A+ game, they have a chance of winning the game. But honestly, I'm more interested in "if" we bring our C- or D+ game ..do we still have a chance of winning? Cuz if we do, then that tells me, we got something special goin this season, and the league should be put on notice. The Cowboys are Fareal.

I predict we win a slow, sloppy game, 21-17. Don't know why, but I feel this will be a defensive, ground and pound game. Can't wait to see how it unfolds!

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!!!

vCash
    I feel better about this game then the saints game.. I think we match up well against them... Seattle probally is the best team in the league right now though.

I think we win this.

27-17.

I think we have the longest win streak in the nfl right now to.

vCash
    ok now I wanted to wait to post me prediction until i got further news of who's in and who's out so i'll post my keys to victory for the boys in probably the game that will tell us all we need to know about the Cowboys.

Offensively- Run the ball of course, control the tempo and the clock. Also we have to trust our backup running backs. Both Randle and Dunbar... hell a part of me wants the boys to activate Ryan Williams since he is another powerful back and will definitely be fresh and ready to run with a purpose but don't see that happening.
    Another thing the Cowboys will have to do is utilize all THREE tight ends. We have Mr. Reliable Jason Witten across the middle for short 5-7 yrs dump offs as usual but the key will be Hanna. Use his speed and size against the Seahawks linebackers and Safeties. Seattle knows about Dez and T-Will also Murray and Witten so why not use Hanna more. All year he's been in to block as well which is why i believe he can be the Cowboys biggest X-Factor.

Defensively- I just hope they dont revert back to the way they played against SF. Reason I say that is because against SF they played more zone to try and stop Kap from running the ball and well we seen how that ended up. We do need to contain Russell Wilson and not allow him to beat us with his legs so I think the Cowboys should draw up more blitzes this sunday in order to disrupt Wilson and try and force some turnovers. I would also consider putting Scandrick on Harvin all day as well. The numbers don't tell you his but Harvin torched the Redskins for 3 TD's luckily for Washington they were all called back. If McClain plays sunday then that will help us "contain" Marshawn Lynch. Holding Seattle to Field Goals will be the key defensively because IMO they will get the ball down the field. So Red zone defense has to be superb.

As nervous as this game may be I am just as excited to see what we have here this Year in Dallas.

vCash

I don't see us winning this game.

Like Houston they can stick with us offensively on the run game. They can run the ball and eat the clock. Unlike Houston they have a capable quarterback who can beat you in multiple ways unlike Fitzpatrick who is pure trash.

Their defensive pass rush isn't as formidable as the one we out played in Houston buttttt that secondary is still top notch. It's clear we're not letting Romo air it out like we used to and with their secondary they can stack that box.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see us pull this off. It's by no means impossible. But putting my fanhood aside I don't see a W. (I'd rather be pleasantly surprised, than bitterly disappointed.)

vCash
    Seattle obviously has an excellent defense. They're fast, quick, smart, and strong. One thing they are not though is big on the d-line. At least not compared to Dallas o-line. The Cowboys need to take advantage of this matchup. I would love to see them use Cluts and and just continue to lean on that d-line all game long. Wear them out! Then in the second half kill them with the play action.

Logic says the Cowboys should lose this game but if by some chance they win... A win makes them legit! No more of this talk about how they haven't played anyone.

vCash

No, predictions for me again. Key matchup is Cowboys offensive line vs. Seahawks defensive line. Seattle defenders will go after Murray all game long, and try to force Romo to make some tough throws. Also for the, Cowboys, just try to have some fun out there. I know that's easier said than done but you simply can't play scared at Seattle. Like how Romo said after the Saints game in post-game interview, "Instead of saying to ourselves oh no... were playing against Drew Brees and the Saints, instead we just went out there and play." Im paraphrasing a little what Romo said but you get the point. I'm ready for the challenge though!
    Last edited by Romo2TheOscars; 10-08-2014 at 08:46 AM.

vCash
    Seattle 24 Dallas 16.

Sorry I dont see us running for 150 and throwing for 250 on them. They can also score the ball, if you think they are a one dimensional run team, you are mistaken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx View Post
    ok now I wanted to wait to post me prediction until i got further news of who's in and who's out

so i'll post my keys to victory for the boys in probably the game that will tell us all we need to know about the Cowboys.

Offensively- Run the ball of course, control the tempo and the clock. Also we have to trust our backup running backs. Both Randle and Dunbar... hell a part of me wants the boys to activate Ryan Williams since he is another powerful back and will definitely be fresh and ready to run with a purpose but don't see that happening.
    Another thing the Cowboys will have to do is utilize all THREE tight ends. We have Mr. Reliable Jason Witten across the middle for short 5-7 yrs dump offs as usual but the key will be Hanna. Use his speed and size against the Seahawks linebackers and Safeties. Seattle knows about Dez and T-Will also Murray and Witten so why not use Hanna more. All year he's been in to block as well which is why i believe he can be the Cowboys biggest X-Factor.

Defensively- I just hope they dont revert back to the way they played against SF. Reason I say that is because against SF they played more zone to try and stop Kap from running the ball and well we seen how that ended up. We do need to contain Russell Wilson and not allow him to beat us with his legs so I think the Cowboys should draw up more blitzes this sunday in order to disrupt Wilson and try and force some turnovers. I would also consider putting Scandrick on Harvin all day as well. The numbers don't tell you his but Harvin torched the Redskins for 3 TD's luckily for Washington they were all called back. If McClain plays sunday then that will help us "contain" Marshawn Lynch. Holding Seattle to Field Goals will be the key defensively because IMO they will get the ball down the field. So Red zone defense has to be superb.

As nervous as this game may be I am just as excited to see what we have here this Year in Dallas.
    The d struggled early against SF but shut them out in the second half

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    The d struggled early against SF but shut them out in the second half
    yes you're right but same concept applies when reverting to zone on a running QB.

Also Sea is better than San Francisco and Wilson is definitely better than Kap

vCash
    I also don't see us winning this game.
    So, I am sorry, but I had to vote Seattle.
    That being said, I do hope and believe this team can put up a good fight and make Seattle earn the W.
    And who knows, we might even surprise everyone and steal the W.
    But in order for that to happen we need everybody to be 110% ready - from the first snap to the last!

Looking forward to this game, and honestly I am not even going to be mad if they lose.
    There is no shame in losing a road game against the best team in the league.
    As long as the Cowboys give 100%, I can live with it.

Let's go steal the W

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast