Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Supplements for a rook

Hey, I'm a 6'2" 180 lb guy and over the summer I started running and lifting weights, something I hadn't done in a few years and decided it was time to change. I shed myself of the flab that comes with complacency and have a strong foundation of muscle. However, like I said, I'm a skinny guy and I've always been that way.

I've never taken any sort of supplements and I have no idea where to even begin, but I'd like to get back to 200, which is what I think is my ideal weight. Any ideas on how to get into the supplement area of working out? I appreciate all thoughts.

vCash
    I've used Muscle Milk for about a year now and it has worked really well for me. I mix it with skim milk instead of water. I drink it about an hour before I lift, I drink another right after I lift, and I drink one right before bed. It is high in calories so be careful. I workout twice (90 minutes of cardio in the morning and 90 minutes of lifting in the afternoon) a day so I burn a lot of calories.

I am about to switch though. I am going to try XPI Myotein starting next week. I've heard and read great stuff about it.

I also recommend Jack3d for a pre-weight training drink. I drink it about 30 minutes before I lift. The stuff is great. It will make you want to punch somebody in the face! But you will get a great 'pump' out of it. Don't use it before a cardio workout though. You'll dehydrate quickly.

Hope that helps.

vCash
    We have a supplement thread for these types of questions, have you checked in there yet?
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    If your looking to gain weight mass builders and creatine can certainly help you out. Check out GNC or any of those shops for them. Or like Stamina said check the supplement thread, I've used several mass gainers my favorite is monster mass

http://www.cytosport.com/products/mo...k/monster-mass
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Brian View Post
    I've used Muscle Milk for about a year now and it has worked really well for me. I mix it with skim milk instead of water. I drink it about an hour before I lift, I drink another right after I lift, and I drink one right before bed. It is high in calories so be careful. I workout twice (90 minutes of cardio in the morning and 90 minutes of lifting in the afternoon) a day so I burn a lot of calories.

I am about to switch though. I am going to try XPI Myotein starting next week. I've heard and read great stuff about it.

I also recommend Jack3d for a pre-weight training drink. I drink it about 30 minutes before I lift. The stuff is great. It will make you want to punch somebody in the face! But you will get a great 'pump' out of it. Don't use it before a cardio workout though. You'll dehydrate quickly.

Hope that helps.
    90 min of cardio each day? Why so much?
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]