Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I checked out Tame Impala. They sound pretty good. Would not oppose them on my ipod. Haven't had a ton of time recently but I will definitely check out the other ones as well.
    Niice. They have a great sound, are great live as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    Niice. They have a great sound, are great live as well.
    Yeah they have a very interesting and unique sound that's pretty cool.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    Props on the Thursday mention. Solid and underrated band.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    I missed this post. I saw Beach House open for Vampire Weekend in San Diego last fall. They were great, Teen Dream is definitely a great album. Lover of Mine probably my favorite track
    I iz jealous

Really though, Beach House is quickly ascending my list of favorite bands. I'm addicted.

There's also a pretty solid chance that I'm madly in love with Victoria Legrand.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0iiY...layer_embedded
    30 second snippets of each track from the Strokes new album.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    I iz jealous

Really though, Beach House is quickly ascending my list of favorite bands. I'm addicted.

There's also a pretty solid chance that I'm madly in love with Victoria Legrand.
    She cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Elements View Post
    I think I'm going to wait for the whole thing, beside Under Cover of Darkness of course. 30 second snippets would just make me more anxious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elements View Post
    Says no longer available but their B side single "You're So Right" was released today.

3 weeks til it drops though! I'm pumped.

vCash
    Anyone into singer/songwriters here? I am looking for some more to add to my ipod. Male or female. I have a ton already but if you know any lesser known ones I would appreciate it.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Anyone into singer/songwriters here? I am looking for some more to add to my ipod. Male or female. I have a ton already but if you know any lesser known ones I would appreciate it.
    Ben Harper is my hero.

Matt Costa, Zach Gill, Mason Jennings, Iron and Wine

all well-known to some extent but those guys are my favourites. Not sure if you're into Ben Harper, but his first two albums are just incredible (Pleasure and Pain, Welcome to the Cruel World)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Ben Harper is my hero.

Matt Costa, Zach Gill, Mason Jennings, Iron and Wine

all well-known to some extent but those guys are my favourites. Not sure if you're into Ben Harper, but his first two albums are just incredible (Pleasure and Pain, Welcome to the Cruel World)
    I like Ben Harper. I have heard Matt Costa and Iron and Wine. I will have to check out the others. Thanks man!
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    First TV on the Radio single from their new album dropped a few days ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9erHKnztSA

I get lost in it, it needs to be heard on some great speakers or headphones.

Its ashame that they're still fairly unknown. I'm a huge alternative rock fan, a huge fan of the Arcade Fire, My Morning Jacket, Belle and Sebastian, The Airborne Toxic Event, Phoenix, etc. if you like any of those I really recommend you check TVOTR, its a little darker but really complex and beautiful. Let me know if you want other recommendations of other songs from them.

vCash
    I like Ben Harper. I have heard Matt Costa and Iron and Wine. I will have to check out the others. Thanks man!
    No problem. BTW, Matt Costa's new album is pretty weak if you ask me, for the good stuff I'd listen to his first album (Songs we Sing), first EP, and to a lesser extent his second album (Unfamiliar Faces)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    No problem. BTW, Matt Costa's new album is pretty weak if you ask me, for the good stuff I'd listen to his first album (Songs we Sing), first EP, and to a lesser extent his second album (Unfamiliar Faces)
    Right on. I know like 3 songs of his and none are off his new album lol so I probably wont check out his new album in that case but I will look up more of his stuff.

I hate it when I like an artist but I only have like a couple songs of theirs and look up more of their music and realize I am an idiot for not having more. For instance for a long time I only had one song by Jon McLaughlin until recently I realized how much I loved the song and I was like wow I wonder if his other stuff is good and now I have all his music. I don't know why I do stuff like that. I should just get everything or at least most albums from artists I like.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Right on. I know like 3 songs of his and none are off his new album lol so I probably wont check out his new album in that case but I will look up more of his stuff.

I hate it when I like an artist but I only have like a couple songs of theirs and look up more of their music and realize I am an idiot for not having more. For instance for a long time I only had one song by Jon McLaughlin until recently I realized how much I loved the song and I was like wow I wonder if his other stuff is good and now I have all his music. I don't know why I do stuff like that. I should just get everything or at least most albums from artists I like.
    Haha, I know exactly what you mean. That's why I just download discography torrents. It's probably slowed down my computer way more than necessary but I've got tons of awesome music. Some recommendations for Matt Costa if you just download single songs: Astair, Desire's only fling, Behind the moon, Songs we sing, Whiskey and wine, Trying to lose my mind, Acting like a fool.

That post also gave me a new artist to check out as I don't even know who Jon McLaughlin is. Thanks!

vCash
    Adeles new album is awesome if anyone hasn't given it a spin, I'd suggest giving it a listen.

Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast