Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Thread for non-rap music

I am kind of tired of coming into the music forum and seeing a page full of rap threads that I cant discuss because I personally hate rap music. I love to talk music and would love to talk music on PSD so I am just making a thread for any music topics not related to rap. Discuss anything you want in here. Country, Alternative, Indie, Classical, Rock, Metal, Jazz, Polka, Orchestral, and so on. Anything but rap and hip hop. Let's just discuss stuff.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'll start it off I guess. I am really excited for some new albums coming soon. Plain White T's has one soon. My Chemical Romance as well. Taylor Swift. Lot's of good stuff coming out soon. What other awesome albums do you guys know about coming soon?
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'm not big on the Plain White T's, I like some of MCR's stuff. Taylor Swift is one of a few artists in the "current music on the radio" group that I can actually tolerate.

vCash
    Taylor Swift, Sugarland
    Darius Ruckers new album came out a little while ago and its great!

vCash
    Yeah Eminems song "Not Afraid" is awesome!

vCash
    Like the idea of this thread! Some non rap stuff that I've been liking recently is the entire The Suburbs album by Arcade Fire, a couple songs off the new Belle and Sebastian CD, some Mumford & Sons, some Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and some Ratatat off of LP4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgersuck View Post
    Like the idea of this thread! Some non rap stuff that I've been liking recently is the entire The Suburbs album by Arcade Fire, a couple songs off the new Belle and Sebastian CD, some Mumford & Sons, some Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and some Ratatat off of LP4
    I've been meaning to check out the Arcade Fire stuff (heard some good things about it).

And I gave Sigh No More a listen, but I really couldn't get into it, and I heard a ton of positives about it.

vCash
    The Suburbs is a great album, but I still think Funeral was The Arcade Fire's best.

Lately I've been listening to The Flaming Lips, Electric Wizard, My Bloody Valentine, Dark Tranquility, and Sufjan Stevens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    I've been meaning to check out the Arcade Fire stuff (heard some good things about it).

And I gave Sigh No More a listen, but I really couldn't get into it, and I heard a ton of positives about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingThroughMe View Post
    The Suburbs is a great album, but I still think Funeral was The Arcade Fire's best.
    Lately I've been listening to The Flaming Lips, Electric Wizard, My Bloody Valentine, Dark Tranquility, and Sufjan Stevens.
    Kyle916, definetly check out Arcade Fire they have some of the most amazing, powerful music I've ever heard. I would recommend the entire Funeral album, and The Suburbs.

Definetly agree that Funeral is their best album, it is my second favorite album ever after The Room is on Fire by The Strokes.

cynomatic is offline spɹoʍ ɯopuɐɹ ǝɯos pɐǝɹ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgersuck View Post
    I have really diggin Mumford & Sons ...Im addicted to this track right now

Bedouin Soundclash - Mountain Top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9B41I5zxOg

vCash
    I had a random Phoenix song from like 2001 and then they got really popular in the last year or two, couldn't believe it was the same band. I love MGMT but I didn't like Congratulations. My friend loved it. I like Passion Pit but I don't think they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by cynomatic View Post
    I have really diggin Mumford & Sons ...Im addicted to this track right now

Bedouin Soundclash - Mountain Top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9B41I5zxOg
    Mumford & Sons are cool. Another nice band is the Avett Brothers. Slight Figure of Speech is my favorite song

vCash
    I love Guns N' Roses.
    DUKE.

vCash
    Radiohead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Radiohead
    I approve. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgDPkqiXrjc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    I love Guns N' Roses.
    yeah, so about 5 weeks ago, I got hammered, and apparently ordered every single GnR CD ever released. I don't remember it at all, but according to my girlfriend, after I was done ordering all of them, I was doing the snake dance that Axel does in my kitchen, apparently very proud of my purchase. When I opened my email Sunday, I basically said, "wtf?".

And this is why you shouldn't purchase when drunk.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast