Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Softball

vCash
    What balls do you guys hit.

I prefer the Evil brand myself.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Yes the salvo and synergy were recommended by you. I then did more research and said screw it and bought them both. Dont' regret it at all. Both legit

Bdawk knows his stuff so listen to him.

He may or may not know nelly as well

vCash
    that's how I was thinking of wrapping my bats this year bdawk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Yes the salvo and synergy were recommended by you. I then did more research and said screw it and bought them both. Dont' regret it at all. Both legit

Bdawk knows his stuff so listen to him.

He may or may not know nelly as well
    Speaking of Nelly, I will most definitly be playing with him again this year in the Lou. Have done it twice now, nboth good times. They always have a women's division too, those are some bad *****es. Hit the ball 340 and chew tobacco. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    that's how I was thinking of wrapping my bats this year bdawk
    I love it. How do you grip it, the bat that is, do you have your hand down the knob any? I like to grip it witnin the palm where my pinky and almost next finger is off the handle. It breaks the wrist better and I generate more torque. It has paid off.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

vCash
    I run a team here in santa rosa. Play on a coed team as well. Our city is super strict so basically the best bat we use is the red and black connexion's. We went undefeated in fall ball and won the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. About to start summer ball in a few months. yayayay
    <<<<Home of the Giants
    SF Giants -
    Heat -
    49ers - x5
    Sharks -
    Texas A&M (CFB) - Johnny "football" Manziel!!!!
    Seton Hall (CBB) - One day........I miss Dehere
    Current favorite players - D Wade, Patrick Willis, Buster Posey.
    All time fave's - Glen Rice/ZO, Barry Bonds, Jerry Rice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Speaking of Nelly, I will most definitly be playing with him again this year in the Lou. Have done it twice now, nboth good times. They always have a women's division too, those are some bad *****es. Hit the ball 340 and chew tobacco. Unreal.

I love it. How do you grip it, the bat that is, do you have your hand down the knob any? I like to grip it witnin the palm where my pinky and almost next finger is off the handle. It breaks the wrist better and I generate more torque. It has paid off.
    Nice I actually play with a girl who's older possibly a closet lesbian (with kids and a drinking problem) who dips. I used to chew (3 weeks not chewing now) and she would always bum dip off me on teh field (she didn't like putting it in her back pocket)

Yes that's how I pretty much do it. If i'm trying to whip to left field I usually drop two fingers off, if going to right i sometimes only do pinky off.

Also it depends on how much i've hit lately, as I get a bruise in my palm sometimes, so I switch from 1-2 fingers to move around the bruise.

vCash
    Start looking at taking everything opposite field, especially if you are already comfortable away from the plate. Wait for outside pitches, step back with right leg (assuming you are right handed) and then a forward step with the left. this will actually turn you towards the first base dugout almost and you will start hitting lasers tha way. In terms of hitting for power, pulling the ball, you have to get the know through quickly, i've seen your pics, no reason you aren;t crushing the ball. Watch a few you tube clips on Helmer and those guys, that should help.

PST is awful, god awful. Easton Series are always nice. Of course Miken is legit, and the Mutant is pretty piss poor, IMO.

Didn't i convince you on those purchases, can't rememebr what we discussed. Verdict?

I wrap over the stock, but I have big hands and like a nice size handle. i My son actually does my tape jobs, look up the mattingly series bats and notice the grooves on the handle, he does that for me, as well as a nice knob on the bottom. Kid is a pro, epople all over the league pay him to wrap their's during tournaments and stuff.

As a pitcher I beg you to stand up in the box towrds me. It will be a long night for you.

300 bucks will get you anything you want. I can get you some great deals with a good amount of knowledge on the subject, hopefully BMD would vouge for me here.

I'll own you BDawk!

As for good/cheap bats, go to http://hocksports.com/

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I was hoping this thread would pick up with the Spring time coming up.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I'll own you BDawk!

As for good/cheap bats, go to http://hocksports.com/
    If you stood up in the box, the way you suggested it to Stamina, you would have no chance.

vCash
    Is the middle open?

Thoughts?

As a pitcher I look at it this way, I have a glove, hit it at me. Now, in rec ball, with some hillbilly out there on the mound tanked out of his mind, no way. Since I play mostly competitive ball, I say hit middle every chance you can. we use a 5th infielder and only 3 outfielders though, so even if you squeeze one by me, there is a guy playing middle behind me to make the play.

Anywho, just curious what others thought.

vCash
    Is the middle open?

Thoughts?

As a pitcher I look at it this way, I have a glove, hit it at me. Now, in rec ball, with some hillbilly out there on the mound tanked out of his mind, no way. Since I play mostly competitive ball, I say hit middle every chance you can. we use a 5th infielder and only 3 outfielders though, so even if you squeeze one by me, there is a guy playing middle behind me to make the play.

Anywho, just curious what others thought.

I don't think Stamina plays in as competitve leagues as what we do. I've been playing for a long time, I adjust to pitchers well. I was just messing with ya anyways about owning you...

In our tourneys the middle is open, and we play the same way, 5 and 3. League ball though the middle is off limits. Too many shaved bats around here.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I pitch, I don't mind if you hit it at me.

But most people yell sorry pitch when they do.

I do the same when I hit it at the pitcher (except once, and we'll leave it at that)

vCash
    ^Yea, unless they did it first or are being to cocky...

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    First game last night, won 23-6 and 17-4. 5-5, 2 HR's, 2 doubles, and a single, along with 2 walks. Beast mode early *****es!!!!

vCash
    Keep it going dude.

Friday I went 4-4 2 hrs 2 singles in game 1 and 3-5 1 hr and 2 triples

Sunday 4-6 in 2 games(all doubles) and a few crazy catches. We play year round here though, but those seasons just started.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast