Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Softball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Anybody got tips for a better swing?

Because of my size and strength, I swing a 34 by32 bat (it's really a 30 weight but with the wrapping on the handle makes it a 32).

I cannot pull my arms in close to swing because they are too big, therefore I stand far away from the plate and swing wide. I make solid contact, but do not put the ball over the fence like i used to.

Just stand up in the box(towards the pitcher) take a high step where you almost throw your leg over the plate, and swing down on the ball. It creates a top spin and you'll get long line drive homers.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by young_soldier View Post
    I just started to play softball and I want your opinion on a couple of bats.

The Worth PST series, the Easton Stealth series, the Miken Freak series and the Worth Mutant.

Thanks!

The Mutant is a real good bat. I like the Freaks, but I just don't generate the same pop with it. I launch a lot of laser beams off the wall with it though.

The Worth Mayhem is a beast of a bat. I suggest that if your going for distance.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Does anyone use anything but stock grips. I usually cut the grips off and just put tape on it.
    I use a knob grip on mine. I get a better feel for the handle that way and and don't have the bump in my hand, Helps out a lot if you keep your bottom fingers off the bat like myself.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E-A-G-L-E-S View Post
    Anybody here from hampton roads? I need a new team. We won the championship in the fall league but they just argue with one another, even after wins. I am competitive, but they are just ridiculous.
    You'll get that pretty much with any team, but especially the competitive teams.

I've been playing/managing my softball team for the past 4 years or so. Started out being just a close group of guys wanting something to do and then it turned into being more competitive. The more competitive you get the more people will complain and argue. So I guess I'd tell you if you like being on a winning team stick it out. If you can't stand them then more than likely you won't be on such a good team.

I bought a demarini raw a couple years ago. Double wall. The first year it was great had a lot of pop to it. I'm more of a gap hitter, but I was hitting some out, so it worked great for me. Almost the whole team used it that year and it lost a lot of pop. Last year I noticed it was starting to get dented

I'm looking to buy a bat this year. My buddy can get a real good discount at Sports Authority. Any suggestions?

vCash
    The best bats are online. The Worth Resmondo(spelling may be wrong) is hot as hell right out of the wrapper. Same with Worth Mayhem Folk or O'Connell editions.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I enjoy PSD but I don't think of it as a good source for info on softball; however, goto www.softballfans.com

PS: Don't buy any bat from Sports Authority...Very few good bats are found at a store like that, plus you are paying full MSRP. For a good price, goto softballfans and get a great bat.

It is the PSD of Softball....trust me.

vCash
    i play in a few leagues but i have a question about bats. we are not allowed to use composite bats in one of the leagues so im having a real hard time finding a bat worth buying. any suggestions? right now we have an older F3 and a yr old White Steel both Demarini.

vCash
    what the hell no composite bats?

What are the rules? Do you have any link you can show me, I can help you find a bat.

vCash
    I heard all composite bats will be banned within the next two years.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I play league ball. Some tournament ball and then play in the Smokey Mountain Classic (Even though we're always 2 and BBQ haha). Its fun but Ive been playing for almost 10 years now. It seems to get more dramatic every year like you're playing with a bunch of women who are PMSing.

vCash
    ^It;s worse when you play coed and you ARE playing with women that are PMS'ing.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Playing beer league softball this year. Any recommendation for the amount we should spend on a bat?

vCash
    A good cheaper bat is an Easton Salvo. I got that over the offseason and broke it in, seems very good. THat will be my back up and my wifes bat (it's light)

I got easton Synergy

The salvo is 200

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Anybody got tips for a better swing?

Because of my size and strength, I swing a 34 by32 bat (it's really a 30 weight but with the wrapping on the handle makes it a 32).

I cannot pull my arms in close to swing because they are too big, therefore I stand far away from the plate and swing wide. I make solid contact, but do not put the ball over the fence like i used to.
    Start looking at taking everything opposite field, especially if you are already comfortable away from the plate. Wait for outside pitches, step back with right leg (assuming you are right handed) and then a forward step with the left. this will actually turn you towards the first base dugout almost and you will start hitting lasers tha way. In terms of hitting for power, pulling the ball, you have to get the know through quickly, i've seen your pics, no reason you aren;t crushing the ball. Watch a few you tube clips on Helmer and those guys, that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by young_soldier View Post
    I just started to play softball and I want your opinion on a couple of bats.

The Worth PST series, the Easton Stealth series, the Miken Freak series and the Worth Mutant.

Thanks!
    PST is awful, god awful. Easton Series are always nice. Of course Miken is legit, and the Mutant is pretty piss poor, IMO.

I have the Freak, I like it quite a bit

I just bought Easton the SRV4 Synergy Speed and a light 27 oz SRV5 Salvo, mostly for the wife and for other people on my team to use

They come in today.
    Didn't i convince you on those purchases, can't rememebr what we discussed. Verdict?

Does anyone use anything but stock grips. I usually cut the grips off and just put tape on it.
    I wrap over the stock, but I have big hands and like a nice size handle. i My son actually does my tape jobs, look up the mattingly series bats and notice the grooves on the handle, he does that for me, as well as a nice knob on the bottom. Kid is a pro, epople all over the league pay him to wrap their's during tournaments and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Just stand up in the box(towards the pitcher) take a high step where you almost throw your leg over the plate, and swing down on the ball. It creates a top spin and you'll get long line drive homers.
    As a pitcher I beg you to stand up in the box towrds me. It will be a long night for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Playing beer league softball this year. Any recommendation for the amount we should spend on a bat?
    300 bucks will get you anything you want. I can get you some great deals with a good amount of knowledge on the subject, hopefully BMD would vouge for me here.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Salvo

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast