Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hi I'm the new guy and I'm trying to get mad bulky

Whats up I'm Tommy I'm new to this forum and I look forward to contributing along with seeking advice. I'm 23 yrs old, 5'11-6'0ish, weigh 167 lbs and ideally I'd like to gain anywhere from 20 to 30 lbs of muscle.i work out 4 times a week my diet is pretty clean. Basically I'd like to know how much i should be eating to reach my goal of gaining 20 to 30 lbs of muscle? Is it possible to reach this goal by the end of the winter? I'd like to gain actual muscle not water weight or fat. Also i have some stubborn little fat around my midsection that id like to get rid of , is there a way to get rid of it while bulking up? Thanks Fellas

vCash
    Putting on that type of muscle naturally is going to be very, very difficult...especially in the type of deadline you are giving yourself.

What i'd personally recommend is dirty bulking over the winter. You will put on a lot of muscle, as well as a lot of fat. Then when you hit the desired weight you want to be at, cut the fat. Easiest way to put on muscle mass IMO.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Sup Tony,

Putting on 20-30 lbs of muscle is a realistic goal. However, putting on 20-30 lbs of muscle by winter is NOT realistic. The only way thins can be accomplished is by taking illegal supplements.

Your diet should consist of a balance of proteins and carbs. Protein of course for the muscles and carbs for mass. As Hugh already mentioned, some dirty bulking won't kill ya.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Sup Tony,

Putting on 20-30 lbs of muscle is a realistic goal. However, putting on 20-30 lbs of muscle by winter is NOT realistic. The only way thins can be accomplished is by taking illegal supplements.

Your diet should consist of a balance of proteins and carbs. Protein of course for the muscles and carbs for mass. As Hugh already mentioned, some dirty bulking won't kill ya.
    I'm pretty sure his name is Tommy
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Oh my bad

vCash
    Thanks guys. how long realistically would u say that it would take to put on that type of muscle?

vCash
    You could do that by the end of the winter... Or maybe a bit later.

Depends on your body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownkid1 View Post
    Thanks guys. how long realistically would u say that it would take to put on that type of muscle?
    realistically, 2 to 3 years if you do it the right way (no cheating)

vCash
    realistically, 2 to 3 years if you do it the right way (no cheating)
    Would I be better off doing a clean bulk over a dirty bulk then?

vCash
    Would I be better off doing a clean bulk over a dirty bulk then?
    If you want the mass quickly, then dirty bulk. The only issue with this is you stomach will pudge out. If you're self conscious about your stomach like I am, you will think twice about going this route.

vCash
    If you want the mass quickly, then dirty bulk. The only issue with this is you stomach will pudge out. If you're self conscious about your stomach like I am, you will think twice about going this route.
    That helps thanks bro

vCash
    That helps thanks bro
    No problem, so what's your game plan in terms of exercises/days in the gym/cardio/rest time?

vCash
    No problem, so what's your game plan in terms of exercises/days in the gym/cardio/rest time?
    I'll be hittin the weights anywhere from 4 to 5 times a week but that was kinda my other question how much cardio should I be doing now that I'm trying to mass up and should i be lifting heavier with less reps?

vCash
    I'll be hittin the weights anywhere from 4 to 5 times a week but that was kinda my other question how much cardio should I be doing now that I'm trying to mass up and should i be lifting heavier with less reps?
    Cardio at this point would just be to maintain the body fat percentage. Stick to the half hour rule on cardio. 4 to 5 days a week is fine, keep the reps between 6-8 per set and 4 sets of each workout.

vCash
    sounds good cant wait to get this started. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast