Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Coughlin

vCash

Tom Coughlin

If we don't make the playoffs for the 2 straight season (possibly a 3rd), do you see the Giants firing Coughlin at seasons ends?

For one with all the injuries that's occured this season, you really can't fault him, but at the same time we have been bad since the 2012 season. We basically had a turnover in every single game we play dating back to last season. We're not fundamental for the most part and it might sound corny but I feel like we lost our magic. We've been shut out 4 times in the last 2 seasons which is pathetic to say the least, when we lose, it's by double digits and haven't been competive. This teams for the most part isn't motivated enough and quite frankly I have the sense Coughlin simply can't motivate these guys anymore.

Do you think it's time for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash

Tom Coughlin

He won't be fired he will "retire". I hate to say it but we look like a poorly coached team. Change might be the only way to go at this point

vCash
    For the record I love Coughlin and I don't want him gone but we might not have a choice.

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Injuries destroyed the season and I agree we look poorly coached he won't be fired he will retire. I think we should get a new defensive Cor (Rex Ryan ) we need a new coach, draft and FA need to Address OL wr pass rush lb and one Saftey. Team is fixable lots of talent
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Man I'd kill to have Rex as our DC
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

Me to lol

vCash

Tom Coughlin

I fear the contingency plan if Coughlin leaves. There were some dark times between Parcells and Coughlin.

vCash

Tom Coughlin

There may be some dark years ahead. The way it's going the end of the Eli era is shaping up to be rocky at best. This team needs a lot of help. Much more then most of us realized

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Rex is the best D caller in the game but I just cant see him coming to the giants

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    There may be some dark years ahead. The way it's going the end of the Eli era is shaping up to be rocky at best. This team needs a lot of help. Much more then most of us realized
    I disagree my man, I actually think we're in better shape than we were 2 years ago. Finally it seems (although it is still early to tell for this draft class) like Reese was able to draft some decent (or actually pretty good) players. After classes with guys like Austin (2011, 2nd round), Wilson (2012, 1st), Hosley (2012, 3rd) and Sintim (2009, 2nd) it seems like we finally had some success with at least 2 very good players in 2013 (Pugh & Hankins, Moore & Taylor remain to be seen, rest sucks) and a so-far great 2014 draft class.

So at least we now seem to have a core of young players that will be Giants for at least about 2-3 years to come without needing expensive contract extensions that hopefully are able to improve further and become quality Giants.

Without having done a really deep analysis I'd say we are about 1 good OL-man, 1 solid DL-man, 1 good safety, some much-needed confidence and a dose of healthiness away from being a playoff-worthy team actually. That is if we are able to extend JPP & Rolle (on a lower contract that he has now though), which I hope we can

vCash
    Hopefully Rolle's market isn't too big at 32 years old and we can bring him back at a reasonable price. And JPP is playing very well but only 3.5 sacks thru half the season so if he keeps that pace that number will hopefully bring down the contract some. I don't think this team can afford to let him walk even though I question what will happen once he gets paid and whether or not he can stay healthy.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I disagree my man, I actually think we're in better shape than we were 2 years ago. Finally it seems (although it is still early to tell for this draft class) like Reese was able to draft some decent (or actually pretty good) players. After classes with guys like Austin (2011, 2nd round), Wilson (2012, 1st), Hosley (2012, 3rd) and Sintim (2009, 2nd) it seems like we finally had some success with at least 2 very good players in 2013 (Pugh & Hankins, Moore & Taylor remain to be seen, rest sucks) and a so-far great 2014 draft class.

So at least we now seem to have a core of young players that will be Giants for at least about 2-3 years to come without needing expensive contract extensions that hopefully are able to improve further and become quality Giants.

Without having done a really deep analysis I'd say we are about 1 good OL-man, 1 solid DL-man, 1 good safety, some much-needed confidence and a dose of healthiness away from being a playoff-worthy team actually. That is if we are able to extend JPP & Rolle (on a lower contract that he has now though), which I hope we can
    I get what you are saying man but that's a lot of ifs

vCash
    We might be headed for some dark days (I doubt it thou) but the only positive I can say if Coughlin is (forced to retire) or fired, than that would mean the whole coaching staff would be gone. Guys like Quinn & Fewell, who should of been gone years ago.

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Need pass rush OL, S LB WR if Cruz can't come back the way he was. I think beckham is a superstar in the making, but we need another guy. We need to fire perry and maybe it's time for Tom to go. I think cowher will be hired.

vCash
    I love Rolle but my gut tells me he won't be back, I can't see the Giants offering him a decent contract giving the facts he will be 32 going on 33. Plus I can see us drafting a safety in the 1st round to replace Rolle. Probably Landon Collins

Cruz is the biggest issue, if he loses his explosiveness we might have to address the WR position again. I can't see Cruz being affective without his explosiveness imo. Yes he's a good route runner but his quick burst/acceleration is what made him great and dangerous, without that idk if Cruz will be good anymore.

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast