3 75.00%
  • Tie

0 0%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 12: Cowboys 24, Giants 21

WEEK 12

vCash
    I wanna see this DLine beat Romo up. This run defense can hold Murray in check, but I worry about their 40 headed WR/TE's. We are gonna need all hands on deck for this game. McBride has done an admirable job of filling in, but when Romo gets a glimpse of Dez vs. McBride, we know who's winning that battle. We need to stick Prince on Dez all game and I think stick T2 on Witten.

This defense has been phenomenal this past month, but this is the biggest test for them since them since the loss to Chicago. Tons of weapons with a capable QB. Key on defense is to get pressure, because they have the weapons to kill us on one on one matchups if Romo gets time.

On offense, it's the same old story. Better execution needed, better playcalling needed, better OLine play needed. Last week we saw more of the deep ball, but we are going to need more than just 2 passes completed over 20 yards. Cruz has been an absolute handful for the Cowboys the last few matchups. I expect us to do a lot of what we did last game, putting him in motion and getting him favorable matchups in the slot. I hope we look at Hakeem some more this game too, but again it all starts with pass protection. If the protection is there, I have no doubt that Eli and these wides can take advantage of this poor Cowboys secondary. But that's a huge if.

The running game has seen a huge boost from Andre Brown, I really hope to see him continue running the way he has. Jacobs was great last game too, he showed some phenomenal patience on a few runs. We were able to gash this defense in week 1 throwing the ball, but we were getting tons of plays downfield that game, which has just disappeared from this offense since that Week 1 game. I don't know if it's absolutely necessary that we take a ton of deep shots, but a few huge completions would definitely open up the field.

We gotta also keep the weather in mind. This is going to be the coldest Giants game to date, and I'm sure the wind will play a factor. So the run game will be as important as ever.

We need to be on our game in every facet. This is our season on the line, let's keep the dream alive.

vCash

Week 12: Dallas Cowboys (5-5) at New York Giants (4-6) Sunday 4:25 pm EST on FOX

Lets ****ing go. Win this one and I'll start to believe. Gotta play like the seasons on the line every week because it is.

vCash
    This game is all about the D-Line and run game.

We have to get pressure on Romo so he doesn't have time in the pocket to hit guys like Dez, Williams and Witten. Guys like JPP, who said blood will be spilled need to step up and put pressure on the QB.

Also if the Saints-Cowboys game was any indication, we need to pound the living daylights out of them with the run. Dallas could not stop the run at all. I'm sure Dallas has ironed out some issues over their Bye, but if we can beat them on the ground that will open up our own 3 headed monster of Cruz-Nicks-Randle.

Sproles, Ingram, and Thomas tore Dallas a new one. We need Brandon Jacobs to pound the inside and rough up some linebackers early so that Andre Brown can exploit Dallas on the same plays with his speed and downhill running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    I wanna see this DLine beat Romo up. This run defense can hold Murray in check, but I worry about their 40 headed WR/TE's. We are gonna need all hands on deck for this game. McBride has done an admirable job of filling in, but when Romo gets a glimpse of Dez vs. McBride, we know who's winning that battle. We need to stick Prince on Dez all game and I think stick T2 on Witten.

This defense has been phenomenal this past month, but this is the biggest test for them since them since the loss to Chicago. Tons of weapons with a capable QB. Key on defense is to get pressure, because they have the weapons to kill us on one on one matchups if Romo gets time.

On offense, it's the same old story. Better execution needed, better playcalling needed, better OLine play needed. Last week we saw more of the deep ball, but we are going to need more than just 2 passes completed over 20 yards. Cruz has been an absolute handful for the Cowboys the last few matchups. I expect us to do a lot of what we did last game, putting him in motion and getting him favorable matchups in the slot. I hope we look at Hakeem some more this game too, but again it all starts with pass protection. If the protection is there, I have no doubt that Eli and these wides can take advantage of this poor Cowboys secondary. But that's a huge if.

The running game has seen a huge boost from Andre Brown, I really hope to see him continue running the way he has. Jacobs was great last game too, he showed some phenomenal patience on a few runs. We were able to gash this defense in week 1 throwing the ball, but we were getting tons of plays downfield that game, which has just disappeared from this offense since that Week 1 game. I don't know if it's absolutely necessary that we take a ton of deep shots, but a few huge completions would definitely open up the field.

We gotta also keep the weather in mind. This is going to be the coldest Giants game to date, and I'm sure the wind will play a factor. So the run game will be as important as ever.

We need to be on our game in every facet. This is our season on the line, let's keep the dream alive.
    Well said, my friend.

I would say that the biggest X-Factor for the Giants will be the injury to Sean Lee. That is huge. The guy is a playmaker. He is good against the run and the pass. The Giants need to exploit that hole in the defense by running Brown and BJ. No Lee, no Ratliff and a hobbled Ware should mean big yardage in the run game.

I believe that Morris Claiborne might be out as well.
    Last edited by eeek78; 11-19-2013 at 07:34 AM.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    Would anyone else like to see a little damontre moore on the d line? The guy has a non stop motor and I think he'd be alot more affective than kiwi. Kiwi seems dead to me.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    This game is all about the D-Line and run game.

We have to get pressure on Romo so he doesn't have time in the pocket to hit guys like Dez, Williams and Witten. Guys like JPP, who said blood will be spilled need to step up and put pressure on the QB.

Also if the Saints-Cowboys game was any indication, we need to pound the living daylights out of them with the run. Dallas could not stop the run at all. I'm sure Dallas has ironed out some issues over their Bye, but if we can beat them on the ground that will open up our own 3 headed monster of Cruz-Nicks-Randle.

Sproles, Ingram, and Thomas tore Dallas a new one. We need [Brandon Jacobs to pound the inside and rough up some linebackers early so that Andre Browncan exploit Dallas on the same plays with his speed and downhill running.
    I feel very good about the defense going into this game...Beason has been reborn again here with the Giants(that damn Reese)...the Giants D is starting to look like the Giants of old.

I don't get it....we definitely have a 3 headed monster in Nicks-Cruz-Randle but we're not utilizing them like we should. With Lee being out we should attack their secondary with crossing patterns and quick slants all night long.....much like the first game.

With that being said ....I don't understand why ....like in the first game we went away from that on the final drive, instead we pass the ball to Da'rel Scott for a pick 6(until somebody stop it keep going to it)????

We have to make a decision on who the 4th wr will be and stick with it..Jernigan or Murphy. But our red zone guns should be N-C-R.

As far as the running game goes, we ccan't ignore the fact that AB has been hurt most of the season and is not fully in top game shape....and we got BJ off his couch after being inactive for over a year...and he's old. So we want to be cautious of not over working these guys and get Hillis in the mix. Really, what's the point of running a guy in the ground causing him to miss the next 4 games because he had to many carries(BJ in the Bears game) AB carries must be limited to15-18...30 carries is ridiculous.

With all that being said, if the play calling is garbage ...Hillis and Jacobs can't run screen plays....or shotgun draw plays...on 3rd down AB struggles with PP...put in Hillis or Conner....more play action, more quick slants, ...not with Murphy or Jernigan but with Nicks- Cruz-Randle....the 3 headed monster.

Finally.....we have to be good on ST. That #17 is explosive returning kicks

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Not even worried about the D. I think Rob Ryan set a perfect example; just take Dez out of the game anyway you can. Let em have Witten on the quick ins and outs all day and just hope McBride and T2 can handle their other WRs.

This game is all on our offense. It hasn't exactly looked dominant against some pretty mediocre teams. They need to get their **** together. Can't put up less than 30 and expect a win here. Pass game needs to be wide open and the oline needs to help Eli.

But I've been waiting for that all season and don't expect it now. Hate to say it, but our struggling offense against the Cowboys coming off a bye week (although they've been ****** off byes lately).....I don't like our chances.

We'll see.

vCash
    This is as close to a must win game as you can get at this point in the season.

I think Eli could have a breakout game.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Not even worried about the D. I think Rob Ryan set a perfect example; just take Dez out of the game anyway you can. Let em have Witten on the quick ins and outs all day and just hope McBride and T2 can handle their other WRs.

This game is all on our offense. It hasn't exactly looked dominant against some pretty mediocre teams. They need to get their **** together. Can't put up less than 30 and expect a win here. Pass game needs to be wide open and the oline needs to help Eli.

But I've been waiting for that all season and don't expect it now. Hate to say it, but our struggling offense against the Cowboys coming off a bye week (although they've been ****** off byes lately).....I don't like our chances.

We'll see.

Amazingly enough, I would feel better about this game if it was played in Dallas rather than NY/NJ. The Giants have layed some pretty big eggs at Giants/Metlife Stadium. I still think that the Giants will win this game. I think the key will be the momentum. If the Giants can get on the board early and force a 3 and out with a sack and get the crowed pumped, I think we will see the best game of the season. If we have a TO early and it causes us to fall behind I say we get demoralized and lose the game.

No Sean Lee for the Cowboys. Miles Austin may play, but is not 100%. Same with Ware. Morris Claiborne is hurt as well. I say Metlife will be as loud as it has all year.

My prediction: 35-10 Giants.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    Need to get the crowd and defense into it early. I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Not gonna matter if this offense can't get their **** together. 3rd down fails and red zone failures will kill defense and crowd motivation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men:27442084
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Not gonna matter if this offense can't get their **** together. 3rd down fails and red zone failures will kill defense and crowd motivation.
    C'mon, G, we need your optimism! This game could be the turnaround that we need to get this fanbase pumped up. I am crossing my fingers that Hakeem is involved early and gets motivated. That could be what the offense needs for the rest of the season.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    C'mon, G, we need your optimism! This game could be the turnaround that we need to get this fanbase pumped up. I am crossing my fingers that Hakeem is involved early and gets motivated. That could be what the offense needs for the rest of the season.
    Haha. I'm optimistic that our D can get to Romo and contain the passing game. I'm just not sold that this offense can do what they need to do in this game. I keep waiting for the pass game to explode the way it did the first 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to happen. Dallas D seems pretty rough, so I'd like to believe this is a big week for the offense.

vCash
    I wouldn't bet on an Eli explosion this week. Coldest game of the year with heavy winds is the forecast. Let's see some Andre Brown domination.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast