Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Halak/price

vCash
    I know I don't live in the past, the Montreal Canadiens HAVE THE TOP RECORD IN THE NHL.

Price > Halak in 2010-2011!
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

French Canadian Eugenie Bouchard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    I know I don't live in the past, the Montreal Canadiens HAVE THE TOP RECORD IN THE NHL.

Price > Halak in 2010-2011!
    Don't live in the past? Look at your avatar. Anyway as much of a Habs fan as I am, St. Louis has the league's best record at 6-1-2 [Habs are 7-3-1] but the Habs are tied with the most points [11 games to 9]. Price has played okay so far this year but Halak has been lights out in St. Lou and leads Price in every stat [sv%, wins, SOs, GAA].

vCash
    Halak, that is all.

vCash
    Halak is playing out of his mind but Montreal has a lot bigger problems than goaltending so this debate is pointless. You cannot win with Hamrlik, Spacek and Gill on the ice as much as they are. 3 of the worst god damn d-men in the league. Easily 3 of the slowest and immobile.

vCash
    Yeah, your right
    the Blues have a young, fast d-core
    so it is tough to compare how the goalies are doing, and its still to early to say who "won" the trade

vCash
    Price has been playing stellar! Halak may have a better record and stats but Hamrlik and Spacek have got to go! The othernight against Ottawa, the winning goal was due to a penalty by Spacek. Gill is no rocket either. How many times has Hamrlik got a penalty for delay of game for shooting the puck over the glass in his own zone.

Besides, Price's #'s are good too. I really don't see what the crying is about. If i had 2 million dollars and Habsfan87 had 3 million dollars, does it mean that I'm poor because someone else has more money than I do? No. My point being, Just because Halak's numbers are better, doesn't mean that Price is playing bad. Price has been holding Montreal in alot of games. There were 2 games this year where Montreal was shutout 3-0. You can't blame goaltending when your forwards aren't scoring.

St Louis is also leading the league for the least amount of shots against per game. I think it says more about their defense than it does about their goaltending. (not trying to knock Halak because he is a great goaltender.)

vCash
    You all must be Leafs fans (the previous 3 posters except hawks4life) we finally have a decent product on the ice with a GREAT record out of the gate, yet you continue to bash the Montreal Canadiens. Go back to the Leafs forum.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

French Canadian Eugenie Bouchard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    You all must be Leafs fans (the previous 3 posters except hawks4life) we finally have a decent product on the ice with a GREAT record out of the gate, yet you continue to bash the Montreal Canadiens. Go back to the Leafs forum.
    I don't think 9-5-1 constitutes a "great" record but it's good. I'm happy with the record but not happy with the play overall. This team is talented enough to get away with being inconsistent and still pull off some wins but I think it's time you take the blue, red and white goggles off and realize that this team has some major holes, particularly secondary scoring and defenseman who have more turnovers than a bakery. This team gives up way too many odd man rushes due to stupid pinches at stupid times If they don't fix those problems, it will eventually bite them in the *****. Price can't bail the pylons out for 82 games. If you can't see this, then you don't watch very closely.....or you're blind.

vCash
    And I am starting to think you are blind considering I have basically said the same things as hawks4life (i.e. Price has been stellar, Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill stink, etc) yet according to you, I am bashing the Habs and he is not.

vCash
    ^ Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say that Gill stinks. I do agree that Gill is slow as hell but I think he is well aware of his lack of speed (unlike Hamrlik) and plays back so he doesn't really get caught pinching in. He is also great at clearing the front of net (an area where they need improvement in). That being said, he does have the odd blunder by giving away the puck in his own zone. Not saying he's the greatest but he does have attributes that are assets to the team.

Hamrlik and Spacek, on the otherhand, are terrible! I would much rather see O'Byrne or Weber up with the club than these two clowns wasting space on the bench. What a waste of money. They should have threw at least one of them in the Halak trade just for the hell of it.

Speaking of Halak, did any one see his outstanding performance tonight? 4 goals on 11 shots. I guess it goes to show that every dog will have his day.. lol!

Look, I know I came off a little abrasive earlier on this thread. For that, I apologize. But I just want to say... Before the Halak trade, I was all for Halak. I used to get mad when they started Price and Halak sat on the bench. Halak would play a great game and then JM would start Price for the next 3 games and we would lose 2 of the 3. In the off season, I was hoping that Price was the one to go. But when Halak was the one that was traded, I stuck by my team's decision because that's what fans do. There's no use in crying over spilled milk, right? There's nothing that can be done now, so there's no use bashing your own team for it. Now, it seems that Price is playing pretty good right now, so let's all go out and cheer the kid on.

ps- for the record, I don't think that One Nut Kruk is team bashing. There's nothing wrong with being realistic and giving a little constructive criticism.

vCash

Aflac gets chased out of the net as the Blues lose 8-1!!! LOL

Halak better than Price my arse. And screw all the fans chanting his name at the Bell Center the other night! Bunch of hypocrites as 90% of Habs fans are. Im a huge Habs fan but because of the stupid media we have in this city we will never win a cup again. Look at all the top teams, they went through a rebuilding stage. Something we just dont accept here! what we DO accept is 8th place and get in the playoffs! It's too bad all we have is a great goalie, great D in PK, and great forwards in MC and BG and TP.

vCash
    And I have watched all of Aflac's games and he hasnt made one brilliant save so far as Price has done many times for the Habs this year! He has just done his job, which is good, but the team in general has been playing great in front of him. Stats have alot to do on the team's efforts as a whole and not just the goalie! Price >>>>>> Aflac!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    ^ Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say that Gill stinks. I do agree that Gill is slow as hell but I think he is well aware of his lack of speed (unlike Hamrlik) and plays back so he doesn't really get caught pinching in. He is also great at clearing the front of net (an area where they need improvement in). That being said, he does have the odd blunder by giving away the puck in his own zone. Not saying he's the greatest but he does have attributes that are assets to the team.

Hamrlik and Spacek, on the otherhand, are terrible! I would much rather see O'Byrne or Weber up with the club than these two clowns wasting space on the bench. What a waste of money. They should have threw at least one of them in the Halak trade just for the hell of it.

Speaking of Halak, did any one see his outstanding performance tonight? 4 goals on 11 shots. I guess it goes to show that every dog will have his day.. lol!

Look, I know I came off a little abrasive earlier on this thread. For that, I apologize. But I just want to say... Before the Halak trade, I was all for Halak. I used to get mad when they started Price and Halak sat on the bench. Halak would play a great game and then JM would start Price for the next 3 games and we would lose 2 of the 3. In the off season, I was hoping that Price was the one to go. But when Halak was the one that was traded, I stuck by my team's decision because that's what fans do. There's no use in crying over spilled milk, right? There's nothing that can be done now, so there's no use bashing your own team for it. Now, it seems that Price is playing pretty good right now, so let's all go out and cheer the kid on.

ps- for the record, I don't think that One Nut Kruk is team bashing. There's nothing wrong with being realistic and giving a little constructive criticism.
    I agree, Gill has some value. He's big, good penalty killer, clears the front, etc. It's not like you can have 6 studs back there and he fills a need and you're right, at least he knows he's slow and doesn't pinch often. But Hamrlik still thinks this is 1994 or something. Quit pinching in 10 times a game idiot. And thanks for pointing out the constructive criticism. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me after a bad game and I may go off, but for the most part, I try and stay even keel and post my thoughts on what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by montrealdolfan View Post
    And I have watched all of Aflac's games and he hasnt made one brilliant save so far as Price has done many times for the Habs this year! He has just done his job, which is good, but the team in general has been playing great in front of him. Stats have alot to do on the team's efforts as a whole and not just the goalie! Price >>>>>> Aflac!!
    Well, we haven't been watching the same St.Louis Blues then because I have seen "Aflac" make some incredible saves. Yes, St.Louis has a very, very good D and a very good team in general but you don't win that many in a row with giving up that few a goals without making some brilliant saves. Give your head a shake, as if he hasn't made one brilliant save. And I'm sure you've watched every single minute of the Blues action too.

vCash
    Lol! As for the fans chanting Halak's name... Price going to end up leaving in 2 years, put up awesome numbers, (maybe even win a cup), and Habs fans will have no one to blame but themselves because they brought it on themselves. Shame on Montreal! Don't forget why a superstar like Daniel Briere decided to play in Philadelphia (of all places!) because the pressure is to great in Montreal. Here we are 1st place in our division and we are still getting booed! Just like montrealdolfan said...We will never win a cup again until our team can feel like a home team in our own building!
    Last edited by hawks4life; 11-11-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: more to add

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by montrealdolfan View Post
    I don't know what you are watching...Halak has made sportcenter here in the states a couple of times with his saves already.

Also, something to ponder is that a lot of times when a goalie makes a "brilliant" save, it is because he got out of position to start with.

Halak is looking great in St. Louis right now. His save percentage is outstanding, and that stat has a lot to do with the goalie.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast