Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Halak/price

vCash
    I watched Schultz play jr in Calgary

He is a very good player with heart and is solid
    he could be Boyd next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    Hey I ain't gonna lie, Price has looked stellar. But we have seen this before and then all of a sudden things tend to crumble down the long stretch. If Price can play like this on a consistent basis then we have nothing to worry about.

The only reason I tend to show my bitterness towards the Halak trade was Gauthier had all summer to recieve offers and what did he do, jumps on the first phone call because St.Louis contacted about him numerous times during the trade deadline and throughout the playoffs. I just feel we could have gotten a little more in return then the over-rated Lars Eller and no name Schultz.

Had our GM done a better job of handling the situation and "actually" looked at other offers then the first proposal handed by St.Louis, who knows what we could have gotten for Halak. Eller has been nothing but another project in the making and I don't see him lasting long with his play so far, he seems lazy and unorganized on the ice.

In no way do I hold any hatred towards Carey Price, I just feel Gauthier is a fool letting Halak go the way he did without even letting the rest of the league know whether or not Price or Halak are on the market.

Obviously its over and done with, but I'm not a fan of the trade to this day and probably for the rest of my life...
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
    Halak - 1-0-0, .967 SV %, .98 GAA

Price - 1-1-0, .919 SV %, 2.52 GAA

Halak was the obvious choice. Gautier dropped the ball on this one and it will come back to haunt the Habs.

Price would be 0-2 if it weren't for some incredibly lucky breaks for the Habs offense, which obviously can't be counted on to be replicated every game.

This is coming from a former Price fan... Just sayin'.
    Ha HA! You guys are obviously from one from the East so I'll have to explain something.... 'No Name Schultz?' well, Maybe you should do a little research. First of all, Ian Schultz played on last years Calgary Hitmen team. You know, the team that went all the way to the Memorial Cup. He was also one of their top scorers with 55pts. Second of all, he and ryan White played on the same line and had great Chemistry...so if you look a little deeper, you might see a little more than meets the eye. Thirdly, are you really going to judge a player that's only 20 years old?!?!?! Are you guys idiots?!?!? These guys a very strong prospects and all you guys do is look at the present situation. You know why Detroit is always good??? Because they always build from their farm team and develop players internally.

I can't even belive that someone would compare goaltenders after 2 games. How stupid is that??? As carey Price would say... 'chill out!'... Have a little patience. Price will do fine and we got 2 great prospects in return. I really like Halak too but there's no sense looking at the past. You have to look at the future otherwise you're always going to be at the bottom looking up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    Ha HA! You guys are obviously from one from the East so I'll have to explain something.... 'No Name Schultz?' well, Maybe you should do a little research. First of all, Ian Schultz played on last years Calgary Hitmen team. You know, the team that went all the way to the Memorial Cup. He was also one of their top scorers with 55pts. Second of all, he and ryan White played on the same line and had great Chemistry...so if you look a little deeper, you might see a little more than meets the eye. Thirdly, are you really going to judge a player that's only 20 years old?!?!?! Are you guys idiots?!?!? These guys a very strong prospects and all you guys do is look at the present situation. You know why Detroit is always good??? Because they always build from their farm team and develop players internally.

I can't even belive that someone would compare goaltenders after 2 games. How stupid is that??? As carey Price would say... 'chill out!'... Have a little patience. Price will do fine and we got 2 great prospects in return. I really like Halak too but there's no sense looking at the past. You have to look at the future otherwise you're always going to be at the bottom looking up!
    OMG YOUR A GENIUS. Wow, give yourself a pat on the back for writing an entire article on once again a no-name NHL status of a player. Please, feel very proud of yourself to berade me or anyone else on your common knowledge of Schultz, great post idiot its always a highly guarded rewarded pointing out the shortcomings of others isnt it mr know it all cocky goof.

vCash
    Whoa there Habsfan87. Who's getting personal now? You posted a controversial thread based almost entirely on emotion. You should expect some debate and back and forth. Just because others don't agree with you, doesn't make them cocky goofs or idiots. The facts show that Price is looking like the guy who led us to the #1 seed in the East a few years back. The reality of the prospects is, you have to wait more than 5 games to make a judgment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    OMG YOUR A GENIUS. Wow, give yourself a pat on the back for writing an entire article on once again a no-name NHL status of a player. Please, feel very proud of yourself to berade me or anyone else on your common knowledge of Schultz, great post idiot its always a highly guarded rewarded pointing out the shortcomings of others isnt it mr know it all cocky goof.
    Well, if you are such a big Halak fan, why don't you start cheering for the Blues. I'm sure no one will really miss your boos and jeers in the Bell Centre. Who'd you think they were going to get with 20+ goaltenders on the free agent list. Sorry dude, Goaltenders weren't really a hot commodity this year. Did you see how the Stanley Cup champs just walked away from their goaltender. Then turned around and signed Turco for a little over a million. It was great trade IMO.

You obviously have no idea who Ian Schultz if are saying that he is a nobody. He is a player who has great upcoming and that's what teams are looking for. A way to stay ahead of the game. have you seen the Calgary Flames lately. The Florida Panthers skated rings around them. You know why? because they're Old. They have no Future! They sold their prospects for an overrated defenseman (Bouwmeester) and traded on of the best upcoming d-man (Phaneuf) for a bunch of has-beens.

vCash
    Hey! How about that? Carey Price with a Shutout!

vCash
    On the same night as Halak posts one as well, on the Penguins no less. How about that!
    Perfection.

vCash
    On the same night as Halak posts one as well, on the Penguins no less. How about that!
    Yeah, what's your point? Carey Price is OUR goalie now. And he's playing extremely well. I don't think anybody ever said Halak stinks. But hey, it's your perogative if you have such a hard on for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Yeah, what's your point? Carey Price is OUR goalie now. And he's playing extremely well. I don't think anybody ever said Halak stinks. But hey, it's your perogative if you have such a hard on for him.
    No, I'm behind Price and he is playing well. I've been behind him the entire time, I'm just still not behind the front office.

My last post was just in regards to Hawks4Life coming in here and trying to stir the proverbial **** pot. No need for it.
    Perfection.

vCash
    Sure have a funny way of showing your support

HELL YES!

The Price is WRONG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Sure have a funny way of showing your support
    Right, referring to Price being the wrong selection by the front office. I never said Price sucks. Stop trying to be clever and manufacturing an argument by cherry picking one comment.
    Perfection.

vCash
    I'll wager that Tragically Hip is wrong, not management by keeping Price over Halak.

vCash
    You know what guys?!?!..Whatever! For those of you that are cheering on your team..Good on ya's! For those of you that are nothing but critical of every move that management makes...Get lost! We don't need you as fans. Here we are, Tied for first in the Eastern Conference and there's people criticizing management for the off season moves.

I'm tired of explaining to people what the value to prospects are. All I can say is that I've seen my team win 2 Stanley Cups. The first, in 86 (when some of you weren't even born) was a team full of youth and prospects. Patrick Roy was even a rookie!

I wanted to see Halak stay as much as anyone, but unlike you morons, I got over it quickly and looked forward to see what the team can bring this year. Price is on fire! So is Halak! Big Deal! It really has no effect on us. If Halak was in net against Jersey, would it have made a difference? NO!!!! We didn't score a goal! How is that Price's fault! So get over it and Start cheering for your team like real fans rather than criticizing them every chance you get. GO HABS!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Right, referring to Price being the wrong selection by the front office. I never said Price sucks. Stop trying to be clever and manufacturing an argument by cherry picking one comment.
    But the deed is done. We should stop being negative. This team is tops in the East. Lets rally behind them, not dwell on last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    But the deed is done. We should stop being negative. This team is tops in the East. Lets rally behind them, not dwell on last year.
    Thank You!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast