Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halak/price

vCash

Halak/price

Jaroslav, all I can say is from the bottom of my heart to the top, I miss you and always miss you for my entire life. I still can't believe what we did to you and for what they did I have completely lost faith in the entire organization. I only hope for the best for you, as I am and always will be a fan of your extrordinary carear. As for Price, thanks for losing our home opener to our biggest rivals and give me a break with the save he made at the last 2 minutes, it was shot directly at him with about 85% of the rest of the net open. I can only cringe and hide under a rock for so long, if we lose to Pittsburgh tonight its gonna be a long, long, loooooong season fellow Hab fans. If I don't recall, didn't Price let in 5-6 goals both games against the Pens last year? Should be a great game!

vCash

Talking

It was a good game!

vCash
    Price!!!!!!!!!! Love that guy

vCash
    Oh please, he finally decides to play one good game and bandwagon jumpers are aboard, they were lucky to win that game, Pittsburgh was all over them the first two periods!

vCash
    We are not bandwagon jumpers, just Canadian fans who will support who is ever playing with our sweater. We accept Price for who is, not who he isn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KIWIMANA View Post
    We are not bandwagon jumpers, just Canadian fans who will support who is ever playing with our sweater. We accept Price for who is, not who he isn't.
    This

vCash
    Halak - 1-0-0, .967 SV %, .98 GAA

Price - 1-1-0, .919 SV %, 2.52 GAA

Halak was the obvious choice. Gautier dropped the ball on this one and it will come back to haunt the Habs.

Price would be 0-2 if it weren't for some incredibly lucky breaks for the Habs offense, which obviously can't be counted on to be replicated every game.

This is coming from a former Price fan... Just sayin'.
    Perfection.

vCash
    Yes, Halak was the obvious choice based on 2 games. Good call.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. That's the way it's gonna roll for Price. All because of narrow minded fans that think Halak is great because of a 2 month stretch of aberrational play.

Time will tell if it was the right move but I firmly believe that NHL execs know a hell of a lot more than any of us. Price is still basically a baby. People forget that. And a goalie at that.

We'll see how Halak does when the Blues start playing some tougher Western Conference teams. He could have sat in a friggin rocking chair against the Ducks.

Price has been very good thus far and the haters are still out in full force. He has lots to prove but wait more than 2 games to start calling for his head....right now, you haters just sound moronic.

vCash
    any haters should get in net and try play while they get crapped on my there own fans!
    Like come on!
    Price haters...come on man

vCash
    I'm no bandwagon jumper. You know that "HabsFan." Price has looked good in both games. We were outplayed in both and didn't deserve to win, but we were in both because of Price. Deal with it.

vCash
    Another great performance just saying

vCash
    Hey I ain't gonna lie, Price has looked stellar. But we have seen this before and then all of a sudden things tend to crumble down the long stretch. If Price can play like this on a consistent basis then we have nothing to worry about.

The only reason I tend to show my bitterness towards the Halak trade was Gauthier had all summer to recieve offers and what did he do, jumps on the first phone call because St.Louis contacted about him numerous times during the trade deadline and throughout the playoffs. I just feel we could have gotten a little more in return then the over-rated Lars Eller and no name Schultz.

Had our GM done a better job of handling the situation and "actually" looked at other offers then the first proposal handed by St.Louis, who knows what we could have gotten for Halak. Eller has been nothing but another project in the making and I don't see him lasting long with his play so far, he seems lazy and unorganized on the ice.

In no way do I hold any hatred towards Carey Price, I just feel Gauthier is a fool letting Halak go the way he did without even letting the rest of the league know whether or not Price or Halak are on the market.

Obviously its over and done with, but I'm not a fan of the trade to this day and probably for the rest of my life...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by herritt280 View Post
    Another great performance just saying
    He did look good again last night.

I by no means think Price is garbage, I do think that Halak will be the better, more consistent goalie however.

Price made a couple beautiful saves, the one that comes to mind first is the glove save/tip on Stamkos.

Price had no chance on the game winner, but it may not have gotten to that point had the ref not called a BS slashing penalty on P.K..
    Perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    Hey I ain't gonna lie, Price has looked stellar. But we have seen this before and then all of a sudden things tend to crumble down the long stretch. If Price can play like this on a consistent basis then we have nothing to worry about.

The only reason I tend to show my bitterness towards the Halak trade was Gauthier had all summer to recieve offers and what did he do, jumps on the first phone call because St.Louis contacted about him numerous times during the trade deadline and throughout the playoffs. I just feel we could have gotten a little more in return then the over-rated Lars Eller and no name Schultz.

Had our GM done a better job of handling the situation and "actually" looked at other offers then the first proposal handed by St.Louis, who knows what we could have gotten for Halak. Eller has been nothing but another project in the making and I don't see him lasting long with his play so far, he seems lazy and unorganized on the ice.

In no way do I hold any hatred towards Carey Price, I just feel Gauthier is a fool letting Halak go the way he did without even letting the rest of the league know whether or not Price or Halak are on the market.

Obviously its over and done with, but I'm not a fan of the trade to this day and probably for the rest of my life...
    We absolutely could have. I remember after the trade went down some GM went on record stating how unhappy he was because he didn't even get a call about Halak and he spoke about how he would have given up more than the Blues did.

I'll try to find it later...

"What surprised me the most about this whole thing is that (the Canadiens) didn't take their time to move Halak," McGuire said.

"I don't know why you had to trade him eight days before the NHL entry draft. I wasn't shocked he was traded, what shocked me was he was traded eight days before the entry draft, before everybody could get hot and heavy, having his name filtered out there. There were no rumours at all ... I mean there was nothing. There was never even an attempt to create a marketplace for him.

"If the Canadiens think that was the best deal they could have got for Jaroslav Halak, I would beg to differ, and I would argue that with them because I know of some teams that were absolutely shocked that he was traded and they didn't even get a call."

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz12MMSSLxQ
    Last edited by TragicallyHip; 10-14-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    Perfection.

vCash
    There is no doubt that it was a little strange that he didn't take his time but we must be watching different games because Eller has looked alright for a 21 year old Danish rookie thus far.

As for "no name" Schultz, he's more of a project but he's the kind of tough, rugged winger this team needs. There is no doubt in my mind he will be with this club at some point either this year or next hammering guys with body checks and fists. Get used to him sticking up for his teammates fighting Lucic, Kassian, etc. over the next number of years.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast