vCash

Slight issue, help?

So my current routine is as follows

Monday - back/shoulders
    Tuesday - chest
    Wednesday - off
    Thursday - arms
    Friday - ????

I dont do my legs anymore (aside from doing my calfs mixed in) because my job requires me to use my legs a lot and I get sore just from that. So I have the extra day on Friday to use, weekends dont work for me because of my work schedule. What do you think is my best bet to do on Fridays? Maybe switch monday to just exclusively back and then do shoulders friday? Advice is much appreciated!
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    Monday- Back
    Tuesday-Chest
    Wednesday- Off
    Thursdays- Biceps
    Friday- Triceps/Shoulders

vCash
    I currently do

Monday- Chest
    Tuesday- Biceps
    Wednesday- Off
    Thursday- Shoulders/Triceps
    Friday- Back

vCash
    Hmmm, combining shoulders and triceps is an interesting idea. I think I might use that one. Thanks MTone! If anyone else has suggestions please feel free to share them.
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post
    Hmmm, combining shoulders and triceps is an interesting idea. I think I might use that one. Thanks MTone! If anyone else has suggestions please feel free to share them.
    No problem holmes, I got the idea from Stamina

vCash
    just wondering your workout has wed,sat,sun as off days do you do nothing on those days or is that when you do abs and cardio.

vCash
    No legs!!

Why don't you try and use that extra day for olympic lifts and core work? Like power cleans and snatches and stuff? I was doing that for a while when I had an extra day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    just wondering your workout has wed,sat,sun as off days do you do nothing on those days or is that when you do abs and cardio.
    my work schedule prevents me from working out on those days so i dont do anything

Quote Originally Posted by CountSackula View Post
    No legs!!

Why don't you try and use that extra day for olympic lifts and core work? Like power cleans and snatches and stuff? I was doing that for a while when I had an extra day.
    also another possibility, i have a friend that knows all that stuff so if i can get him to teach me that it could work

vCash
    yea dude you need to do legs! do squats, so it does your core strength.

vCash
    Personally, I like back and shoulders together. I think they make a lot of sense to work in the same day (if you choose to not separate all areas of your body). I also think the Olympic lift day is probably a decent option, but it can be hella taxing to do that.

Either way, more core (and I should heed my own advice here...haha).

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    So my current routine is as follows

Monday - back/shoulders
    Tuesday - chest
    Wednesday - off
    Thursday - arms
    Friday - ????

I dont do my legs anymore (aside from doing my calfs mixed in) because my job requires me to use my legs a lot and I get sore just from that. So I have the extra day on Friday to use, weekends dont work for me because of my work schedule. What do you think is my best bet to do on Fridays? Maybe switch monday to just exclusively back and then do shoulders friday? Advice is much appreciated!
    I wouldnt do shoulders and back together. Shoulder is a push exc. and the next day your doing another push. To push in a row can be bad/ lead to over training.

Chest
    back
    rest
    should
    arms.

I realize shoulder, then arms, you are doing 2 push consecutive, but tric. but triceps are not has big has should, and chest, and by doing it on the 2nd day, you are still allowing the bigger muscle to get of a bulk of the work.

training arms together is ideal, and supersetting bic, and tric, is a great way to get a big pump...

I wouldnt do biceps by themselfs.

that is a very, very small muscle group. to devote a whole day to that seems to be a waste.

just my 2 cents

vCash
    Yeah ill probably set it up as

Back
    Chest
    Rest
    Arms
    Shoulders

vCash
    First off, i think you should continue to do legs. I doubt your job is good enough to substitute for your leg day.

also another possibility, i have a friend that knows all that stuff so if i can get him to teach me that it could work
    Thats great to have him teach you, but i would also watch instructional videos and things like that. And before you put any kind of heavy weight on, i would practice for weeks. Those lifts are all about technique, and the most important thing is perfecting it.

Yeah ill probably set it up as

Back
    Chest
    Rest
    Arms
    Shoulders
    I'd switch Arms and Shoulders personally. I'd hate doing shoulders with dead/sore triceps from the day before.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Agreed with Hugh, don't neglect your legs!!!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!