Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: When should we start (see post #92)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • January 1st

2 50.00%
  • January 15th

2 50.00%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    The SNDXF.PK stock I mentioned above just hit big. Its gone up about 6.50 so far today. I'm rich *****EZ
    Well if anyone was wondering about this stock, they are now trading on the NYSE with the ticker symbol, SAND, and currently trade at $11.80. Bought a lot of shares at $1.21 and $1.25 back in December of 2011. Wish I bought it when it was at .70 cents, oh well.

They did a reverse split in May 2012 and I kept buying on dips. I'm riding nice and pretty with SAND.

My eyes are set on STTYF, SAND's sister company, who deal with metals and energies. Bought some shares at .46 cents same time I bought SAND.

The CEO, Nolan Watson, who runs both STTYF and SAND was the CFO of Silver Wheaton(SLW) a very successful company in its own right.

Anyone else have success in 2012 and looking forward to anything in 2013?
    Last edited by ESaady; 01-01-2013 at 02:39 AM.

vCash
    I have 80% of my retirement account broken down into ETF's.

60% US Large Cap
    10% International Equity
    10% Emerging Market
    10% REIT
    10% US Bonds

The other 20%

50% Ford (F) Bought in at $10.05 in October
    50% Apple (AAPL) Bought in at $450 in late Jan. Sold at $650 in Aug. Rebought at $520 a couple weeks ago.

Was up roughly 12%, so 10% if you take away inflation.

I am going to keep the 80/20 split for another couple years. I am still young enough to where I can take risks. That is just Schwab retirement wise. I have 6 Kilo's of .999 silver and 1 kilo of gold in my safety deposit box back home. Will be purchasing more when I leave UAE in a couple weeks to go on vacation. Dealers here are pretty awesome with price. I have a pretty good relationship with the gold dealers at the souqs, so I get a good deal when it comes to price. Customs loves me when I go home, they always get puzzled when they see a dense metal bar sitting in my bag.

vCash
    Oh CAT and Deere are my plays going into the year. I see construction starting to pick up soon.

vCash
    Well if anyone was wondering about this stock, they are now trading on the NYSE with the ticker symbol, SAND, and currently trade at $11.80. Bought a lot of shares at $1.21 and $1.25 back in December of 2011. Wish I bought it when it was at .70 cents, oh well.

They did a reverse split in May 2012 and I kept buying on dips. I'm riding nice and pretty with SAND.

My eyes are set on STTYF, SAND's sister company, who deal with metals and energies. Bought some shares at .46 cents same time I bought SAND.

The CEO, Nolan Watson, who runs both STTYF and SAND was the CFO of Silver Wheaton(SLW) a very successful company in its own right.

Anyone else have success in 2012 and looking forward to anything in 2013?
    Congrats. I don't really mess around with penny stocks but you can make a lot of money. Back during the whole mess I owned 60k shares of Sirius at .10 cents a piece basically (some were at .0998 and .101138 and whatnot). Sold them at 11 cents after they dropped to 6 or 7 cents. 2 months later they hit 50 cents and then hit 2 bucks. Sucky.

I did in 2012 have a nice hit on Acom bought at 22 and sold for 31.55 when they sold out for 32 bucks a share.

I currently own SRPT waiting on accelerated FDA approval. In at 23.50. It's gone up to 32 in the past few months.

I previously owned it at mid 8's and sold it at 11, of course it then jumped up to 45 before settling at 35. So I waited for it to drop more then rebought it.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    I started 12 so good, through the 1st 3 months I made 5000 day trading when I could between college classes. Than I got greedy. I had made another 400 on a pharmceutical stock and had most my eggs in one basket, and the drug did not pass, and basically lost most of tha profit. Basically cruzed on a dividend stock for the last 8 months of the year.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Congrats. I don't really mess around with penny stocks but you can make a lot of money. Back during the whole mess I owned 60k shares of Sirius at .10 cents a piece basically (some were at .0998 and .101138 and whatnot). Sold them at 11 cents after they dropped to 6 or 7 cents. 2 months later they hit 50 cents and then hit 2 bucks. Sucky.

I did in 2012 have a nice hit on Acom bought at 22 and sold for 31.55 when they sold out for 32 bucks a share.

I currently own SRPT waiting on accelerated FDA approval. In at 23.50. It's gone up to 32 in the past few months.

I previously owned it at mid 8's and sold it at 11, of course it then jumped up to 45 before settling at 35. So I waited for it to drop more then rebought it.
    Thanks! Congrats and nice job on your winnings as well. I'm finally becoming well versed with investing although I've owned stock since 2008 as a 16 year old. I'm almost 21 now and I have a budding portfolio. I'm excited about my future!

I've heard and read a lot of war stories about penny stocks. I usually shy away from them, but since I'm young and becoming more and more proficient with investing, I've recently been more willing to put my money in penny stocks. I've been doing a lot of research before I put my money in though. SAND/STTY are the only penny stocks I rode with. I probably won't touch penny stocks again, unless the numbers are super convincing, but even then the books could be cooked.

I'm currently interning at Northwestern Mutual and I've been learning a lot more about Roth IRA, Traditional IRA, 401ks, Disability Income Insurance, Term and Permanent Life Insurance, etc. I'm about to open a Roth and hopefully if I get converted to full time I'll start a 401k and have them match because they do 100% matching to your contribution.

I truly think financial security planning should be a part of the public education starting in middle school. It's a wild thought to start teaching kids about money that young, but I truly think it's essential to understand how to save money, invest, accumulate, and distribute/diversify your wealth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    I have 80% of my retirement account broken down into ETF's.

60% US Large Cap
    10% International Equity
    10% Emerging Market
    10% REIT
    10% US Bonds

The other 20%

50% Ford (F) Bought in at $10.05 in October
    50% Apple (AAPL) Bought in at $450 in late Jan. Sold at $650 in Aug. Rebought at $520 a couple weeks ago.

Was up roughly 12%, so 10% if you take away inflation.

I am going to keep the 80/20 split for another couple years. I am still young enough to where I can take risks. That is just Schwab retirement wise. I have 6 Kilo's of .999 silver and 1 kilo of gold in my safety deposit box back home. Will be purchasing more when I leave UAE in a couple weeks to go on vacation. Dealers here are pretty awesome with price. I have a pretty good relationship with the gold dealers at the souqs, so I get a good deal when it comes to price. Customs loves me when I go home, they always get puzzled when they see a dense metal bar sitting in my bag.
    Oh CAT and Deere are my plays going into the year. I see construction starting to pick up soon.
    That's impressive. That's also a lot of friggin gold. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in the UAE? I've also been looking CAT and Deere, I think construction is going to have a huge rebound in 2013 into 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I started 12 so good, through the 1st 3 months I made 5000 day trading when I could between college classes. Than I got greedy. I had made another 400 on a pharmceutical stock and had most my eggs in one basket, and the drug did not pass, and basically lost most of tha profit. Basically cruzed on a dividend stock for the last 8 months of the year.
    Dividends can be a man's best friend...well besides dogs of course.

vCash
    That's impressive. That's also a lot of friggin gold. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in the UAE? I've also been looking CAT and Deere, I think construction is going to have a huge rebound in 2013 into 2014.
    I work as a contractor. Pretty fun job.

vCash
    I def wouldn't hold gold, the bubble has popped it's been on a slide.

I think Deere is a good company, but i'm not overly impressed with Cat, it's a pretty fractured company.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    I def wouldn't hold gold, the bubble has popped it's been on a slide.

I think Deere is a good company, but i'm not overly impressed with Cat, it's a pretty fractured company.
    Gold is a long-term investment. It is also physical not "paper gold". The fluctuation of the recent market has no bearing on why I hold it.

vCash
    Netflix and LinkedIn have astronomical P/E ratios yet they're consistently going up. When will their bubbles burst?

vCash
    Anyone tracking AMD?

vCash
    Netflix and LinkedIn have astronomical P/E ratios yet they're consistently going up. When will their bubbles burst?
    Just now saw this, I'm in both, sold my netflix, and sold some of my linkedin at 199 right before earnings. Then bought it back at 182, and then it dropped now after today i'm back in the green.

No i'm not in AMD, but I was in DDD. My buddy hit tesla for 20 bucks a share.

I got burned for 3900 in Skull Candy last quarter.

vCash
    Gold is a long-term investment. It is also physical not "paper gold". The fluctuation of the recent market has no bearing on why I hold it.
    Still in it or did you listen to me and get rid of it like you should have?

vCash
    Just now saw this, I'm in both, sold my netflix, and sold some of my linkedin at 199 right before earnings. Then bought it back at 182, and then it dropped now after today i'm back in the green.

No i'm not in AMD, but I was in DDD. My buddy hit tesla for 20 bucks a share.

I got burned for 3900 in Skull Candy last quarter.
    Got burned on some mining stocks. Long term hold for now though.

Wish I had the money for Netflix, LinkedIn and 3D, but I just don't have the funds right now. Bought some AMD at 4.30 a share yesterday, hopefully working with Microsoft and Sony gets them going again.

Did you sell Skullcandy?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast