Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: When should we start (see post #92)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • January 1st

2 50.00%
  • January 15th

2 50.00%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    I know there's the stock market games, but do you guys also discuss individual stocks in here or even mutual funds and what not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    I know there's the stock market games, but do you guys also discuss individual stocks in here or even mutual funds and what not?
    What you got in mind?

vCash
    Mainly, precious metal and energy companies that have potential and have had some very positive news in recent months.

Royale Energy Inc. (ROYL) being one that am following. Very volatile though. A few other ones too such as Sandstorm Gold LTD. (SNDXF.PK). I'm not one for penny stocks, but I would advise you to take a look at Sandstorm Gold and to do research on it.

vCash
    Dow closes above 13,000 for the first time since May of 2008.

The Dow Jones industrial average has closed above 13,000 for the first time since May 2008, four months before the financial crisis.

Preliminary figures show the Dow closed up five points Tuesday to finish at 13,005. The average is up more than 6 percent this year, mostly because of enthusiasm about the building U.S. economic recovery.

The Dow first broke 13,000 on April 25, 2007. The last time it ended the day above 13,000 was May 19, 2008. The Great Recession was six months old.

The close puts the Dow less than 1,200 points away from an all-time high.
    Boston.com

vCash
    Mainly, precious metal and energy companies that have potential and have had some very positive news in recent months.

Royale Energy Inc. (ROYL) being one that am following. Very volatile though. A few other ones too such as Sandstorm Gold LTD. (SNDXF.PK). I'm not one for penny stocks, but I would advise you to take a look at Sandstorm Gold and to do research on it.
    I have TGC which is similar to ROYL, and might be buying GSX sometime soon.

vCash
    Brew Crew, are you an avid trader?

vCash
    Brew Crew, are you an avid trader?
    I'd like to be...

Need the funds though.

vCash
    HRZL is my baby. It's gone up 32% since I bought it...

vCash

Stock Market - Post Midterms Competition

The SNDXF.PK stock I mentioned above just hit big. Its gone up about 6.50 so far today. I'm rich *****EZ

vCash
    Next month I'm going to start messing around in the stock market a little more. I've been doing quite a bit of research lately and will be doing it more out of pure boredom than anything else. Would love to get a consistent discussion going on in here regarding the markets, stocks, bonds, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Next month I'm going to start messing around in the stock market a little more. I've been doing quite a bit of research lately and will be doing it more out of pure boredom than anything else. Would love to get a consistent discussion going on in here regarding the markets, stocks, bonds, etc.
    Unless you get in depth, you are really going to be doing little more than playing the lottery. But that being said, good luck.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    One stock that has been kind to my family is Stryker. They are uping their dividends next year and my family has made quite a bit of money off them which is partly due to my great uncle going to school with the founder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    One stock that has been kind to my family is Stryker. They are uping their dividends next year and my family has made quite a bit of money off them which is partly due to my great uncle going to school with the founder.
    Do you mean your investment with them is because of going to school with the founder or them upping their investment?

Because the first sounds plausible but the second not so much. As to the reason why they are increasing their dividends (if this is the company I am thinking of) is because they are afraid of the medical device tax that will be about 2% starting in (I think) 2013.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Do you mean your investment with them is because of going to school with the founder or them upping their investment?

Because the first sounds plausible but the second not so much. As to the reason why they are increasing their dividends (if this is the company I am thinking of) is because they are afraid of the medical device tax that will be about 2% starting in (I think) 2013.
    the dividend has nothing to do with the tax. The horrible relax is actually 2.3% and its on revenue not profits. That tax is really going to hurt the medical devise market

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

Its the first. My family all went to U of M and I believe thats how they got connected to Stryker.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast