Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jeb Bush Actively Exploring Presidential Run

http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-actively-explore-run-president-150141837--election.html

The article basically describes this as his announcement. He is the first legit candidate to make an overture like this. Thoughts? Can he win the primary? Will this force other candidates to declare sooner or possibly drop out?

vCash
    Bring back the Neocons. I bet he wins it all.

vCash
    I will be extremely upset if we have a Bush Clinton election. I wont be surprised, but I will be upset. This country needs a new direction. I'd rather see a Warren Paul election for sure.

vCash
    Rand Paul 2016

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Jesus I hope this race ends up warren vs. Paul

wtf is wrong with this country if we keep these families in power

vCash
    Don't think Jeb has a chance. In either the primary or the general. So this announcement is basically moot.

The primary is the one that will be most difficult for him. The base of the GOP is looking for the 'true conservative' that they thought Bush Jr was. Jeb just disagrees with too many of the primary voters on the populist issues. He does have access to lots of money, that should keep him in the race longer. But unless the Establishment Wing of the GOP manages to rig the primaries, Jeb is toast.

vCash
    Will not vote for. I want true conservative. Rand Paul 2016.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Will not vote for. I want true conservative. Rand Paul 2016.
    Be interesting to see how Rand Paul does. He is certainly the trendy pick on the GOP side.

Couple of questions though. Is Rand a true conservative? He's always struck me, as a non-conservative, as more of a libertarian than a conservative. That is to say, a conservative on money, but not so much on social issues. How am I reading this wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Be interesting to see how Rand Paul does. He is certainly the trendy pick on the GOP side.

Couple of questions though. Is Rand a true conservative? He's always struck me, as a non-conservative, as more of a libertarian than a conservative. That is to say, a conservative on money, but not so much on social issues. How am I reading this wrong?
    I heard he is big on Ayn Rand, so I don't think he all that big on social issues if this is true.

vCash
    Have to admit Jeb Bush is better then most of the other recent Republican candidates:
    Romney is all for Corporate America
    Ryan is all for being a douche bag
    McCain is a war mongrel.
    Palin is a nitwit
    George Bush is also a nitwit
    Cheney is another war mongrel

vCash
    I don't really oppose what the tea party stands for (liberty) but keep in mind they are perfect for wall street. A lot of changes & regulations took place after the 1929 crash, I'm afraid with them in charge we go back to the early 1900s where 200 companies control 50% of the wealth in the country.
    I'd like to see Elizabeth Warren and Rand Paul unite one party where as we are not controlled by either big government or large corporations.

vCash
    I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm an Independent. I'm left on some issues and Right on others. If its a Bush / Ryan / Christie vs Warren election I'm voting Warren. If its a Clinton / Biden / Whoever vs Paul I'm voting for Paul. Honestly, I don't see either Warren or Paul getting through unfortunately.

vCash
    From the Borowitz Report in the New Yorker.

In the strongest sign to date that he intends to seek the 2016 Republican Presidential nomination, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush has officially resigned his position as George W. Bush’s brother.

“No longer being related to his brother is a key step to clearing Jeb’s path to the nomination,” an aide said on New Year’s Day. “We expect his poll numbers to soar on this.”

According to the aide, the former Florida governor resigned his post as brother in a ten-minute phone call with George W. Bush, after which he blocked the former President’s phone number and e-mail address.

In an official statement, George W. Bush said that he “understands and supports” his former brother’s decision.

“If I were him, I would no longer be related to me either,” he said.
    For those of you who haven't guessed already, the Borowitz Report is satire. In this case at least, kinda funny satire.

vCash
    I've had my fill of the Bush family, IMO conservatives need to demand a little variety here. I don 't doubt Jeb's sincerity but it's time for someone not named Bush......
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    I've had my fill of the Bush family, IMO conservatives need to demand a little variety here. I don 't doubt Jeb's sincerity but it's time for someone not named Bush......
    JMO, but you will get your wish. The GOP candidate is going to be a "true" conservative. The establishment GOP is not going to be able to sell Jeb to the base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast